A Near Perfect Match

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If you were looking for the perfect matchup to determine if the Cards were really a playoff contender, this would be the pairing. Questions about Murray’s passing should be answered. Seattle has one of the weakest pass rushes in the league. The AZ O-line has not been dominant but it has been competent in pass protection. So, Murray should have the time to both use his progressions and pass balls with precision. Can he demonstrate improved professionalism? There should be no reason this isn’t an outstanding game in the air. On the ground Seattle has been allowing only about 100 yards per game. I’ll be curious to see if Drake can put up yards against a good team. Considering the passing matchup the Seahawks can’t load up the box very often. They figure to keep their safeties back. There should be lots of room to throw underneath to RBs. I expect Edmonds to have the better game. I think Seattle will play zone often, keeping the running lanes defended. They’ll blitz but try do so in a controlled fashion. That rarely works well.

Then there’s the question about Joseph’s defense. That unit has produced 2 good games in a row. Of course one team was known to be bad and the other was severely compromised. Was the Cowboy game success a sign of improvement or were the Cards beneficiaries of perfect timing? Seattle has a good receiving corp and one of the sharpest QBs in the league. If the defense can stop this team, they are probably for real. I expect a balanced attack from Seattle as the Cards are in the middle against both the run and the pass. For their part Seattle has run competently and passed exceptionally well.

One way or the other after this game the real Cardinal team should be apparent.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
We need our D to keep playing like it did last week. Need to pressure the QB or he will pick us apart.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you were looking for the perfect matchup to determine if the Cards were really a playoff contender, this would be the pairing. Questions about Murray’s passing should be answered. Seattle has one of the weakest pass rushes in the league. The AZ O-line has not been dominant but it has been competent in pass protection. So, Murray should have the time to both use his progressions and pass balls with precision. Can he demonstrate improved professionalism? There should be no reason this isn’t an outstanding game in the air. On the ground Seattle has been allowing only about 100 yards per game. I’ll be curious to see if Drake can put up yards against a good team. Considering the passing matchup the Seahawks can’t load up the box very often. They figure to keep their safeties back. There should be lots of room to throw underneath to RBs. I expect Edmonds to have the better game. I think Seattle will play zone often, keeping the running lanes defended. They’ll blitz but try do so in a controlled fashion. That rarely works well.

Then there’s the question about Joseph’s defense. That unit has produced 2 good games in a row. Of course one team was known to be bad and the other was severely compromised. Was the Cowboy game success a sign of improvement or were the Cards beneficiaries of perfect timing? Seattle has a good receiving corp and one of the sharpest QBs in the league. If the defense can stop this team, they are probably for real. I expect a balanced attack from Seattle as the Cards are in the middle against both the run and the pass. For their part Seattle has run competently and passed exceptionally well.

Much depends on is Jamal Adams can play. If he does, they likely use him to spy Murray and try close down his running. If not it changes the game a great deal. He's by fat their best DB and best blitzer.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The point about the Seahawks stopping the run... the only team that can really run the ball, the Vikings, ran for 201 yards.

Good point. The Falcons were struggling in the run and had to throw a lot when behind as did the Cowboys. Miami hasn't got a consistent run game. And the Pats decided their DB's were so bad they were going to just throw on them.

You have to factor that in. When you have the worst pass defense in the league teams are going to choose to pass on you.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Much depends on is Jamal Adams can play. If he does, they likely use him to spy Murray and try close down his running. If not it changes the game a great deal. He's by fat their best DB and best blitzer.
He’s out

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Teams aren't running on Seattle because they get down early. The Vikings destroyed them on the ground. #Fakenews that the Seahawks are good against the run. Look at each game; you'll see it's a confluence of bad running teams and teams that get down and have to pass.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

We're in the top 5 in scoring offense & defense, compared to last season, I'll take it lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose