The Trade Deadline

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
We should be looking at justin Simmons from the broncos. Alex mack C from falcons. And David njoku TE from browns.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2 players I would trade for that make us instantly better, better next year and should be had for good value are Ryan Kerrigan and Gabe Jackson.

Jackson still has $6m due this year and is signed through 2022.

Kerrigan is due $7.2m for the rest of the year and is FA next year so would require a new cheaper extension.

A lot rides on what happens on Sunday with trades. I'm sure Keim is watching this team with as much confusion about where they really are as we are.

If we beat the Chicks, I expect some trades. If we lose a close one then maybe he goes after someone like Kerrigan as that's likely why we lose.

If we lose convincingly. He probably doesn't trade for anyone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this would be a rental

the cap is going down next year

I know, but at 32 Kerrigan has already transitioned into a backup role at Washington. I'm sure he wants to play more, and he will, but he can't be expecting starter money.

I was thinking a 2 year extension at somewhere around $7m a year. Dude still has juice. Looks in great shape and has 3 sacks, 3 TFLs and 3 QB hits this year while only playing 35% of snaps.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said if anything...meaning I think we could do nothing as well.

I think we could still get a late 2nd early 3rd for Peterson. His name carries weight, and if the team thinks they can resign him then it might be worth it to them to increase their chances this year.

I don't know, I am very torn as to weakening our own chances this year because there is a chance we will be in the playoff hunt...but I also see us fizzling out and being stuck watching Peterson walk for nothing. The comp pick will change based on who we replace him with. If we trade him, we get that pick not matter what other moves we might make.
If Peterson walks we’ll probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Isabella does most of his work taking 2 guys with him. He alone...besides Kirk's great catch...is the reason for that play. Isabella in 1 more year is gonna be special imo
No team is sending 2 guys with Isabella. He shouldn’t be on the field.
He had straight line speed and that’s it.
what do you possibly see that can make him special?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella is the reason that Kirk was open for an 80 yard TD last week. He streaked past his CB & then cut across the field to pull the deep middle safety with him, which left Kirk 1-on-1 on the right side. The deep threat of Isabella (even though he struggles to track the ball) is enough to open up others & if teams don't respect it then Isabella can burn them deep.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cards need Kirk to stay healthy. With him, DHop and Larry everything else is gravy. Larry still is getting open and Murray needs to hit him.

The rest of the WR corps is nothing special. Don't get the insatiable Isabella support, he really was a WAY over drafted player. Probably could have got him as an UFA if Kliff really was jonseing for him IMO.

But, I digress, I hate these speculative "trades". Drives me crazy. I know, I know, a lot of people love them but I just smh and laugh at most of them.

But, carry on :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No team is sending 2 guys with Isabella. He shouldn’t be on the field.
He had straight line speed and that’s it.
what do you possibly see that can make him special?
If Kyler can consistently hit him on stride on those crossing patterns like he did the other day the kid can be an impact player.... if he does that and then catches fifty percent of his deep balls the kid can be special
No telling if it will ever happen but the potential is there

honestly I think kk imagined Tyreek Hill 2.0 when he drafted him

just like he is imagining taysom hill 2.0 with strevelor.... he is trying to imitate things that are working for teams with similar offensive concepts

but yeah.... Isabella needs to work on hands catching and ball tracking

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Isabella is the reason that Kirk was open for an 80 yard TD last week. He streaked past his CB & then cut across the field to pull the deep middle safety with him, which left Kirk 1-on-1 on the right side. The deep threat of Isabella (even though he struggles to track the ball) is enough to open up others & if teams don't respect it then Isabella can burn them deep.
That may be true on that play but, going forward, after seeing how bad Isabella is at tracking/adjusting to balls, DC's are going to just have the safety stay with Kirk. Especially after Kirk burned them. Until Isabella shows that he can catch anything more than a pass on the flats, it will be that way.

For a NFL receiver, Isabella is alarmingly bad at adjusting to make a catch, or at least, a viable attempt at a catch.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that changed is we actually took shots down the field the last couple of weeks and gotten away from the bubble screens.

A threat is a threat and Issabella gives us that. Henry Ruggs has 6 catches this year and until his last game he had 4 catches for 59 yards. But You can bet Their opponents are going to know where he is lined up.

If we take a couple of shots early in this game We will open things up but you can’t do it on 3 rd and long.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who are your targets? Which picks would you give up?

I would be open to trading our first rounder for the right player. Stephon Gilmore? Michael Thomas? We could probably use help at RB, DL, and DB after tonight.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would give a second and conditional 5/6 for Quinnen Williams right now

and he plugs a current hole with young talent

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would give a second and conditional 5/6 for Quinnen Williams right now

and he plugs a current hole with young talent

2nd rounder all day for Williams especially now that Allen and Phillips are hurt

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The rumor of Quinnen Williams being available for a second just can't be true. Not unless BOB has taken over the Jets front office.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So we happen to have our bye week, and the trade deadline lining up perfectly for a team that has proven they can compete for a playoff spot.

I know we all have trade ideas, but the reality is slim that major moves are made. I figured I would make a thread for any legit rumors or moves that we could make to improve this team. In my personal opinion, I think the draft is going to be even more of a crapshoot this year than normal. I would be more likely to deal picks heading into this draft then I might be in the past or future. If you can give me a solid NFL player than improves our team, ideally for more than just a rental...I think I'm making most of those deals.

I will start-

Even Engram is "not being shopped" by the Giants...which means he probably is. It would probably take a 3rd rounder to get the deal done, but he would give us a legit TE for the next couple of years. He brings a receiving dynamic that none of our other TE's do, and he and Williams would be awesome to run 2TE sets with should we need to. You can also split Engram out wide and let him go to work.

Quinnen Williams- I would offer of a 2nd all day long. We need more talent along the D-Line, and this kid is at the very least a good player, at best a potential star.

JJ Watt- This one is tricky, because the Texans are going to want more than he is worth. But there isn't a better 3-4 DE we could get in the next couple of years. He has a massive contract, but could have a huge impact. If the Texans would take a 3rd, I would do it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we will see SK do something to make the team better. His bread and butter is trades.

I’m going to bed praying for Quinnen Williams every night. I just wish we had Chandler Jones healthy

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Williams would be awesome. Keim has shown he’ll give up a 2nd rounder for a talented guy.

I’d also like a speed Wr so we never have to see Isabella again.