Markus Golden is back

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cannot argue about this year so far. If they miss playoffs again, this will be five consecutive years without playoffs. At some point transactional wins like these should not matter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The best time to have a hot streak is the present. Keims been solid in the Kingsbury era. Trade wins like these always matter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Kennard is a very good pass rusher.

My guess is Golden will play about every down, and Kennard will play most base downs while Reddick plays most passing downs.

He's not. I said this when we signed him. Most of his sacks are coverage sacks or chasing scrambling QBs down in space. Pure pass rush sacks are rare.

To be fair. This also applies to Golden. But its still a great add considering how weak and inexperienced the room is.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not. I said this when we signed him. Most of his sacks are coverage sacks or chasing scrambling QBs down in space. Pure pass rush sacks are rare.

To be fair. This also applies to Golden. But its still a great add considering how weak and inexperienced the room is.

I get your point
They don't have any particular pass rushing skills, kennard is faster but doesn't have the "moves"and golden is way too slow, but they are solid players
I mean sacks like our gardeck did in his first game as pass rusher they aren't able, especially golden

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Now go get Quinnen Williams, Fire Vance Joseph in the offseason and we will be a contender next year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot argue about this year so far. If they miss playoffs again, this will be five consecutive years without playoffs. At some point transactional wins like these should not matter.

Last year was the first winning season after 5 years of losing for the 49ers. we are in the second year of this full rebuild relax

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
na he got hurt and wasn’t the same when he came back. It took him a couple seasons to be good again

You are correct that he wasn't fully back but he was allowed to leave in part because Wilkes was switching us to a 4-3

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last year was the first winning season after 5 years of losing for the 49ers. we are in the second year of this full rebuild relax
Thank you Keim for rebuilding Cardinals team after a great super bowl run. Wait, they only won one Playoff game since 2013. Yeah, let's wait for another 5+ years and counting to rebuild so one more playoff win is possible.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank you Keim for rebuilding Cardinals team after a great super bowl run. Wait, they only won one Playoff game since 2013. Yeah, let's wait for another 5+ years and counting to rebuild so one more playoff win is possible.

my point was rebuilding takes time and there no magic wand that fixes everything over night.

we are in year two of this and so far it looks pretty good and like we’re going in the right direction. Relax

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
IMO Cardpa, Proximo and others have it right. He’s a good insurance policy. He’s not a great rusher, but does have a motor. He’ll have to be used, at least in simplified situations, sparingly until he learns the defense. Good clubhouse guy who could be re-signed next year at an affordable price. If he gets 4 sacks, he was a bargain.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. If he could get about 3 sacks over the last 9 games I’d be happy.

I'm not even that bothered about sack production. A scak is great don't get me wrong. Especially on 3rd down or in clutch situations, but a edge can still be good without sacks. If he can get consistent pressure and disrupt what the QB wants to do that will be huge.

I still think there is more room to add at OLB though. Fitts is a try hard, low talent roster filler. Gardeck is a great story and an energetic guy to put in the mix but it looks like they want him more on ST's.

For me, the room is still really only Kennard, Golden and Reddick. If we want to make a serious playoff challenge that room still needs another body. Purnell McPhee would be a good, cheap addition with Ngakoue going there.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
my point was rebuilding takes time and there no magic wand that fixes everything over night.

we are in year two of this and so far it looks pretty good and like we’re going in the right direction. Relax
Yep, it’s unfortunate that the last attempt was a flop, but we are still in the early stages of this current plan and it has obviously been a success to this point in the plan. Just got to see where it goes from here.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not a hyperbolic person as you know. I think I'm pretty grounded in reality.

But I really think this team could make a 2008 style late run to the SB. There's a few reasons for this.

1. Our division isn't quite as tough as predicted. The Niners have a lot of injury issues among others and the Seahawks defence is terrible. I actually think the Rams are currently the best in division and we don't play them until late.

2. We still have so much untapped talent. Murphy is just starting to look like an NFL CB. P2 has lots of room to improve. Thompson is due back as is Williams. The run game looks like it's improving. All the receivers have more to give and Kyler isn't anywhere near his potential. If we can fix some of these things we can improve massively.

3. Covid. Covid is always going to be a random factor. It's going to rear its ugly head for most teams at some point and it's going to make it more likely seedings are more innacurate than normally and it's going to throw up more random results when teams get hit.

4. If we get that far with a bit of luck we might draw the NFC East winners.

Its a long shot but I can see a path if we improve some obviously flawed areas.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Winston Churchill returned as Lord of the Admiralty and the following message was sent to the entire British fleet:

Winston is back....Winston is back!

I'm sure Brit Card remembers. :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The 49ers changed coaches, and especially GMs. The issue for the 49ers in the two years prior to last year's run was injuries... ours has been that we can't draft to save our lives.

I'm with ARZ, hard to get excited until something actually changes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a hyperbolic person as you know. I think I'm pretty grounded in reality.

But I really think this team could make a 2008 style late run to the SB. There's a few reasons for this.

1. Our division isn't quite as tough as predicted. The Niners have a lot of injury issues among others and the Seahawks defence is terrible. I actually think the Rams are currently the best in division and we don't play them until late.

2. We still have so much untapped talent. Murphy is just starting to look like an NFL CB. P2 has lots of room to improve. Thompson is due back as is Williams. The run game looks like it's improving. All the receivers have more to give and Kyler isn't anywhere near his potential. If we can fix some of these things we can improve massively.

3. Covid. Covid is always going to be a random factor. It's going to rear its ugly head for most teams at some point and it's going to make it more likely seedings are more innacurate than normally and it's going to throw up more random results when teams get hit.

4. If we get that far with a bit of luck we might draw the NFC East winners.

Its a long shot but I can see a path if we improve some obviously flawed areas.
How are the Rams the best?

They lost against to the only competent teams they played against. If they lose to the Bears, it’ll get real spooky.