WK 7 Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/20/20-10/24/20

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or, possibly listening to too many people trying to correct his mechanics?
Could be a combination of two things.

He bulked up more with his trainer and the only QB coach he worked with over the summer...was his father.

Probably should have worked with the professional QB coaches like Jordan Palmer. He's done wonders for Josh Allen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be a combination of two things.

He bulked up more with his trainer and the only QB coach he worked with over the summer...was his father.

Probably should have worked with the professional QB coaches like Jordan Palmer. He's done wonders for Josh Allen.

They should bring in Carl Smith as a consultant QB coach like they have with Sullivan. He was Russ Wilson's QB coach from 2012 to 2017 and he turned out pretty well. He was also Deshaun Watsons QB coach in 2019. He's currently an "offensive consultant" with the Texans. Shouldn't be too hard to get him to attract him over to work with a guy like Kyler.

He has a record of working with good mobile QB's.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go cards... praying cards don't get blown

Seattle offensive is super scary especially with no Chandler jones :( will be fun to see metcalf though....

Be nice to murray hit a bomb to Isabella and connect also need drake to continue to hit the hole and not dance in the backfield

What is latest kn hop saw in my fantasy lg he is questionable we need him vs seahawks....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a reasonable chance Jamal Adams comes back this week just in time for our game. He's probably a game day decision but Cheatey Petey is suggesting he looks really close to ready.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe we'll see a big beast like Simmons take some reps against Metcalf to see how he holds up. Time to start phasing him in.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel absurdly good about this game.

Mostly based on the fact there was no game I wanted the Cardinals to win more than the Seattle home game the last few seasons. I am so sick of seeing their fans celebrate in our house. So, of course, the year I can't attend the game is the year the Cards finally beat the Seahawks at home.

Just like I can tell you exactly win the Cards will win the Super Bowl. It will be the season immediately after I die.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Looks like a reasonable chance Jamal Adams comes back this week just in time for our game. He's probably a game day decision but Cheatey Petey is suggesting he looks really close to ready.
My father texted me a few minutes ago and stated it looks like Adams not going to play.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The thing is, he wasn't. He made some blindingly accurate throws last year. I recall 2 to Byrd that were dimes. One vs Falcons and 1 vs Niners that were in tight windows with a lead and were perfect. Also the Isabella long TD vs Niners which was a nice intermediate throw with touch over a DB right into his hands.

There just hasn't been any of that this year. He's definitely gone backwards as a passer for some reason. Something is off with his motion, possibly to do with bulking up in the offseason.

He sure did... yet, he remains inconsistent beyond 7 yards or so...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He does. He's regressed this year which is infuriating.

Last years arm with this years legs would be playoff contending.

His mechanics haven't developed at all... The way the throws today is the way he has thrown since high school. Legs, body, shoulders...all in wrong positions. His own amazing physical abilities are why he's able to put any ball on target every now and then... but until his mechanics are improved, he will remain inconsistent and the success of this team will remain entirely contingent upon Murray's ability to overcome his atrocious throwing mechanics.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glass half full.

It was a good thing Kyler threw poor against the Cowboys last week. Big game and he might have been overconfident against the Seahawks. Poor game makes him hone in and focus on getting better.

Cardinals win 31-26

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's. The Cowboys & Niners are my most hated rivals. But more broadly......If you made Sun Devil Stadium a road game for the home team...... I hated you.

I'm fine with the Hawks & Rams as they tended to suck just as bad as we did during that time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe we'll see a big beast like Simmons take some reps against Metcalf to see how he holds up. Time to start phasing him in.

Uhh..... I'm fully against this plan. Hahaha

Byron Murphy & Pat P are the absolute keys to this game IMO.

My question is this...... What re-tread, barely used, no-name, practice squad call-up guy will Russ embarrass us with this time?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
31-24 Seahawks. RW too much for this defense to handle, too soft. Last game was an aberration IMO.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like I can tell you exactly win the Cards will win the Super Bowl. It will be the season immediately after I die.
Are you feeling ok, chest pain? dizzy? Abdominal problems? Shortness of breath?? wouldn't want anything to happen to you...
:D

Last edited: