15 thoughts - Cowboys game

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gandhi, once again, thanks.

I'll start with #6. Too early for me to give up on Drake, and make a judgement on our other RB's.

Garth, part of my point is that Drake is playing on the transition tag this year, and he will be quite expensive to resign next year (if not given a tag again, which would cost even more). I feel that runningbacks are fairly easy to replace.

#9-Looks like this will be a mostly wasted year for IS. But I can wait until 2021 to make a decision on him.

Oh yes, I am certainly not even considering given up on him. He is so enormously talented.

I'll close by posting that I feel better about the team this week, than I did last week. Bad news, Mr. Wilson is coming to town.

Even though I always enjoy your posts, this is by far the best part of this one, Garth! I am very happy for you. Though I must admit that I am not aware of who Mr. Wilson is. :(

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have more confidence in their analysis than a fan playing arm chair quarterback.

I give my views, GG. You are free to not read it.

PFF cannot be trusted. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, but since there is no pattern in what is what, there is no chance to know when to trust them or not – thus I don’t think it makes much sense to give pure guesses based on their evaluations. I much prefer cold measurable data over their subjective judgements.

BritCard has already explained it well in this thread.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
We won the game.

On a side note Dennis Gardeck is an absolute beast with his bull rush. Seemed like every time he was on the field he pushed the OT back into the QB. Love seeing this dude perform well.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
15 – I was not here when there was a rivalry with the Cowboys, so I have no feelings toward that. However, I do know that some of you have, and I am very happy for you that you experienced this. Congratulations.

Gandhi--Enjoy your posts. I troll the website after games to read your comments.

As to the Cowboy-Card rivalry. My uncle was a huge Cardinal fan---I saw my first game when the team was the Chicago Cardinals. A few years after they moved to St. Louis, my uncle got a job in St. Louis. He would buy season tickets and would get two extras to invite friends, family. We'd have a lottery draw at his 'end of summer' BBQ. For a few years running I got the Cowboy game. When Dallas came into the league as an expansion team, they were awful---but beginning in 1963 they started to own the Cards. Going to my one and only game each year turned into a miserable time---especially when the many Cowpie fans who made the trip from Dallas would give the hometeam Card fans the 'business' with each loss.

The rivalry with the Cowpies have them over the Cards 56-33. Each one of those Cowpie wins took me back to being in the stands as a kid---each win was sweet. LOL.

When the Cards moved to Arizona, the Cowpies owned the Cards throughout the 90s.

The worst thing the Cowpies ever did was to vote to move the Cards out of their division. It took 2 wins off their schedule. It would be interesting to see how the Cowpies have done over the years vs the teams the replaced the Cards game. I'd do that research---but it would require me to look into Cowpie history and I have aversion to anything Dallas.

Here for the stats Cards vs Dallas over the years:
https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/teamvsteam?opp=1

Now, come over to the Dark Side when you see that Dallas logo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gandhi--Enjoy your posts. I troll the website after games to read your comments.

As to the Cowboy-Card rivalry. My uncle was a huge Cardinal fan---I saw my first game when the team was the Chicago Cardinals. A few years after they moved to St. Louis, my uncle got a job in St. Louis. He would buy season tickets and would get two extras to invite friends, family. We'd have a lottery draw at his 'end of summer' BBQ. For a few years running I got the Cowboy game. When Dallas came into the league as an expansion team, they were awful---but beginning in 1963 they started to own the Cards. Going to my one and only game each year turned into a miserable time---especially when the many Cowpie fans who made the trip from Dallas would give the hometeam Card fans the 'business' with each loss.

The rivalry with the Cowpies have them over the Cards 56-33. Each one of those Cowpie wins took me back to being in the stands as a kid---each win was sweet. LOL.

When the Cards moved to Arizona, the Cowpies owned the Cards throughout the 90s.

The worst thing the Cowpies ever did was to vote to move the Cards out of their division. It took 2 wins off their schedule. It would be interesting to see how the Cowpies have done over the years vs the teams the replaced the Cards game. I'd do that research---but it would require me to look into Cowpie history and I have aversion to anything Dallas.

Cowboys games in the 90s were bad. Mostly completely owned, but a few of them that were close, it always seemed like the calls went against the Cardinals.

I remember one furious comeback where the Cowboys PI Rob Moore in the end zone and there was no call and the Cardinals lost.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gandhi is by leaps and bounds the most polite person I have ever read on the internet. Treats everyone with respect. His momma raised him right. Quite refreshing.
jmo

Thank you so much, MYB! I highly appreciate it.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Thank you for the story, GB! You know, I have always felt it a little weird when pundits say things like “it is not a rivalry – team X has not beaten team Y for many years”. What does that matter? To me, nothing can create a rivalry like history. I feel it with my favorite soccer team here in Denmark. By far our biggest rivals has been a circus for the last 15 years, but it has never decreased my dislike for them.

I easily understand your view.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose