Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was Booker and we traded our second best scorer (and arguably our best locker room guy) for the player with the biggest bust potential in the draft, I would be PISSED.

I agree but it's eerily quiet in Suns land. The most I have seen or heard regarding Oubre is a tweet now and then.

This is from 10-19-20.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree but it's eerily quiet in Suns land. The most I have seen or heard regarding Oubre is a tweet now and then.

This is from 10-19-20.

What is this #Shhh on every post?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is from 10-19-20.

Check his instagram, it's got a lot of pics and videos of him working out at the Madhouse.

https://www.instagram.com/kellyoubrejr/?hl=en

I'd only be guessing. I need lessons in tweet talk. Wonder if the $ sign means that's an issue.

Don't worry about that, he just likes using the $ instead of S.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check his instagram, it's got a lot of pics and videos of him working out at the Madhouse.

https://www.instagram.com/kellyoubrejr/?hl=en

Don't worry about that, he just likes using the $ instead of S.

Instagram only allows a few seconds of view time until they want you to sign up. It's something I really don't want to do. I like to have a little privacy.

Good to know about the $ sign.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instagram only allows a few seconds of view time until they want you to sign up. It's something I really don't want to do. I like to have a little privacy.

I have a dummy email so I can make dummy accounts on sites like Instagram. I'm not a fan of needing to log in everywhere.

The last 2 weeks though have been posts of him working out at the Madhouse, which is a good sign. I think there are 6 posts over that time.

Good to know about the $ sign.

I remember trying to decipher the $ last offseason. He explains it in an old tweet, like 3-4 years ago.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Maybe but I wouldn't make that trade for Phoenix either. There just isn't any player I'd be thrilled to grab at the top and that's without considering the higher contract numbers. If Minnesota has a player in its sights that they think would be a top 5 pick in a typical draft, it's a weak trade for them, but if not, I could see them making this kind of deal with us or someone else.

Unless they’re in love with Toppin it would be moved for a player. Someone like Simmons or Beal (of course we’d have to add future picks).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I was Booker and we traded our second best scorer (and arguably our best locker room guy) for the player with the biggest bust potential in the draft, I would be PISSED.

True, but I would be even more pissed playing on a team without an NBA caliber power forward in back to back seasons right after playing on a team without an NBA caliber point guard in back to back seasons.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m struggling to see any scenario where Indiana would trade for Kelly Oubre. Unless they get rid of Oladipo, and even then it’s shaky.

If there is any truth to the rumor the Pacers are interested in trading Myles Turner for Gordon Hayward, I think they might be willing to consider Oubre as well. Hayward is the better shooter (not a lot of difference) but Oubre is younger.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/haywago01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/oubreke01.html

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am even having a hard time imagining them trading for Gordon! I wouldn't!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Oubre and #10 for #2 would be a joke. I would, however, consider Oubre straight up for #2. I don't know that I would do it, but I would give it strong consideration...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre and #10 for #2 would be a joke. I would, however, consider Oubre straight up for #2. I don't know that I would do it, but I would give it strong consideration...

a joke? Oubre is a nice role player who depends on his athleticism coming off a knee injury who’s going to want a new contract at the end of the year.

you wouldn’t take Toppin to play PF.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
a joke? Oubre is a nice role player who depends on his athleticism coming off a knee injury who’s going to want a new contract at the end of the year.

you wouldn’t take Toppin to play PF.

I would, but not at the expense of Oubre plus a lottery pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would, but not at the expense of Oubre plus a lottery pick.

It's a more than fair deal if we're confident Toppin is the answer at power forward. I have no idea if he's the one we need but if the coaching staff, scouts and front office think he is, I see nothing wrong with the trade.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I would also be WAY against trading #10 and Oubre for #2. I just don’t think the value between the players at #2 and the players at #10 are worth Oubre. Even if I am convinced that Oubre doesn’t have a long term future here I would rather keep #10 and move Oubre in a separate trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also be WAY against trading #10 and Oubre for #2. I just don’t think the value between the players at #2 and the players at #10 are worth Oubre. Even if I am convinced that Oubre doesn’t have a long term future here I would rather keep #10 and move Oubre in a separate trade.

Are you saying this because you don't like the players at the top? In a typical draft year, to me, someone like Oubre (coming off a knee injury) on a short term deal plus the 10th pick is a steal for the 2nd pick but I just don't know about this class.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Are you saying this because you don't like the players at the top? In a typical draft year, to me, someone like Oubre (coming off a knee injury) on a short term deal plus the 10th pick is a steal for the 2nd pick but I just don't know about this class.
Oh yea... in 90% of the drafts I would make the trade in a second but Oubre and the #10 probably couldn’t even get you up to #2 in those drafts. This draft just doesn’t have the high end talent at the top. I think the top 9 players are pretty interchangeable with Vassell being a pretty good consolation at #10 if he doesn’t jump up and cause someone else to slide.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Finito

I'm against trading Oubre and number 10 for 2. @offset has explained why.

A few things get lost here. Why would the Warriors trade for Oubre if he is only a nice role player?

Oubre is a potential starter for many teams and a young player who is on the way up. I'm sure the Warriors realize this. Also it likely means the Warriors feel he is as good or better than the second pick in the draft.

The other thing that gets lost, the Warriors do not have the right player contracts to make the trade work. They are over the salary cap. They would have to come close to matching salaries. Looking at their current roster they likely couldn't do this trade without involving another team. This is simply not a trade where the Warriors trade for Oubre and swap picks.