Ravens just traded for Ngakoue for a bag of chips

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Per a report from ESPN.com's Adam Schefter, the Ravens will send a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 fifth-round pick to Minnesota in exchange for Ngakoue. A subsequent report from Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer indicated that the fifth-round pick becomes a fourth-round pick if Ngakoue makes the Pro Bowl on the first ballot (i.e. not as an alternate).

Man...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards should inquire about McPhee as a stop gap. He's 32 now and on a 1 year contract at vet min.

Ngakoue is going to take those snaps.

They have a couple of good younger depth guys there too but I doubt Ravens want to move them on.

Could get McPhee for a cheeseburger and he wouldn't cost anything.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So it begs the question what’s wrong with Ngakoue. This is his 3rd team in what like 6 months. You don’t let quality guys go.

The Vikings just traded a 2nd rounder to get him now they trade him for a 3rd. Yeah that’s not good.
Did the Vikings extend his contract? Methinks they are going to clean house at the end of the season and start fresh...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Vikings cleaning house. And Ngakoue wants a huge contract.
2. He is good and playing alongside CC, I'm sure he'll put up big numbers for the Ravens.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it begs the question what’s wrong with Ngakoue. This is his 3rd team in what like 6 months. You don’t let quality guys go.

The Vikings just traded a 2nd rounder to get him now they trade him for a 3rd. Yeah that’s not good.

I agree. He couldn't wait to get out of Jax. Vikes do the deal because Zimmer and Spielman thought he was the missing link maybe. I don't expect Zimmer and / or Spielman to be there next year, but maybe they are attempting to convince Ziggy that they know what they are doing by getting that draft capital back. The supporting cast in Baltimore may hide his weaknesses.

P S Rumor says Ravens sign Dez Bryant to practice squad.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the next couple of seasons having some COVID cap issues, drat picks are more important now. So, you probably can afford to extend or tag him because of that and then you lose those important picks.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I agree. He couldn't wait to get out of Jax. Vikes do the deal because Zimmer and Spielman thought he was the missing link maybe. I don't expect Zimmer and / or Spielman to be there next year, but maybe they are attempting to convince Ziggy that they know what they are doing by getting that draft capital back. The supporting cast in Baltimore may hide his weaknesses.

P S Rumor says Ravens sign Dez Bryant to practice squad.
Letting Ziggy know that they what they're doing by trading a high second and getting back a low third? Tell them I got a $10 bill and would trade it for a $20.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson