WK 7 Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/20/20-10/24/20

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s really honestly kind of stupid to talk about they/we played sub-par competition considering nobody in the division has played a “good” team outside of yet.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella shouldn’t have more deep ball opportunities than Hop. If they want to decoy him deep that’s cool but his ball skills are trash. Feed the monster.
While true you gotta keep them honest by throwing deep to Isabella every now and then.

We should be due for a big pass play to him. However, yea feed Hopkins deep as well. The trio itself (Dhop/Kirk/Isabella) isnt as talented as the Chiefs (Hill/Watkins/Hardman)..but I kinda like that aggressive mindset.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the cards have planted the seed that we will throw deep. Issabella should and will take one or two defenders with him on deep routes opening up the middle.

If Kyler can hit the intermediate routes we will light The Seahawks up. Now will we stop Wilson and his friends? That is the question.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My gut says we win this one. Just a mid-week feeling. Soaring confidence from a nice win, just outside of the bye, and possibly our most hated rivals.

This is a game no player on the team is looking past.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Need defense to bring pressure and force turnovers every week. Almost had a fifth turnover had Hicks completed the catch. VJ has to have these guys ready.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, here goes what little popularity I have left. As I expected many seem to be overvaluing the beat down of the Boys. No O-line, a backup QB’s first game and numerous turnovers tells me this wasn’t a huge accomplishment. A win is a win, but different wins have different values. The Cards are usually a tough game for Seattle. If they aren’t Sunday, then there’s reason for concern. Should the Cards win, they are better than I’ve been giving them credit for being.

I do think the Cards are better this year than last. I just thought they might take a bigger step forward, especially with regard to Murray. I do believe he’s the best running QB but he needs to improve his passing technique. Can he improve? Sure! It’s just that it’s time to do it. Somehow I think it’s more likely if the Cards lose we’ll see a bevy of excuses. Murray is hurt. The Cards had a short week. The Cards always lose to Seattle in AZ. Forget them. If the Cards are a playoff contender then you find a way to compete. In the last 2 games they weren’t ready to play the first quarter. They’ll get buried if they play that way Sunday. It’s okay to lose. This is a good (not great) Seattle team that should be a challenge. However, if the Cards play poorly they’re just not there yet. The point is are they moving forward and at what rate?

You're right. The only thing I would add is that losing on the road to a bad team like the Cowboys has very much been in the Cards wheelhouse lately. I think we would have won without the turnovers as we were the better team but it was nice to stomp them.

They are better than last year as you say, but it's hard to position them right now. The loses to the Lions and Panthers threw a spanner in the works in that regard. Sunday will say much considering the Fins and Vikings both ran the Seahawks close.

I do however, think the Seahawks are inflated at the moment. They have played some bad teams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the cards have planted the seed that we will throw deep. Issabella should and will take one or two defenders with him on deep routes opening up the middle.

If Kyler can hit the intermediate routes we will light The Seahawks up. Now will we stop Wilson and his friends? That is the question.

That's the one big improvement. Since the Panthers game we have thrown deep more and it's making defenses change their schemes.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAndre Hopkins’ injured ankle keeps him out of practice

DeAndre Hopkins has missed practices this season with an ankle injury. He has not missed a game, even in Week Four when the Cardinals listed him as questionable.

The Cardinals receiver was listed as a non-participant Wednesday, though it was an estimated report since the team didn’t practice.

Hopkins leads the NFL with 47 catches for 601 yards, though he has only two touchdowns.

The Cardinals also estimated defensive lineman Jordan Phillips (foot) and offensive lineman Kelvin Beachum (ankle) as non-practice participants.

Linebackers Kylie Fitts (hamstring) and Dennis Gardeck (foot) were limited.

Safety Budda Baker (thumb) and linebacker Jordan Hicks (wrist) were full participants.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kenyan Drake’s mom challenged him to “hit some holes”

Kenyan Drake‘s mother is tougher on him than Cardinals coaches. The running back called home before Monday night’s game against the Cowboys.

“Hey son,” she asked, “you going to hit some holes today?”

“‘I got you,'” Drake said he told his mother, via Darren Urban of the team website.

“It really hit home when your own mom is not liking what she sees out there. I just had to buckle up and play ball. Get north and south and make them tackle me going forward.”

Drake rushed for 164 yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries. His 69-yard touchdown run with 1:49 remaining was icing on the Cardinals’ 38-10 win.

Conversations with running backs coach James Saxon also helped.

“Just telling him about how I couldn’t really sleep through the holes (in my game) and the issues I had leading up to this week,” Drake said. “He put his complete trust in me that I’m the type of back they want me to be here and in this system. That gave me a lot of confidence to put my head down and grind and go out there like I know I am capable.”

For the season, Drake has 478 yards rushing on 105 carries – a 4.6 average – and four touchdowns.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The hags will watch the film too and see Isabella can't catch the ball so they won't have to worry about him.....

:D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel not so confident blitzing Budda will work on Russell. Anyone else worried we get burned on that move?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Black Uni's for a big divisional game? #LOSS

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel not so confident blitzing Budda will work on Russell. Anyone else worried we get burned on that move?
the defense just feels different this year. I think we turned a corner after the Panthers game and the system has ironed out its kinks.

someone mentioned it in another thread but there's a culture developing on this defense of everyone chipping in... every contribution - no matter how small- is appreciated. The energy surrounding Gardeck is the prime example but it pops up elsewhere.

Patrick Peterson's mic'd up video is worth watching too. these guys are having fun.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I love the way this team played vs. Dallas on Monday Night, especially on defense. The energy, aggressiveness, flying to the ball, creating turnovers and QB pressures. On Offense they pounded the rock and hit big passes when needed despite a very pedestrian passing night from KM who continues to miss easy throws. The win seems to have created a buzz and sense of purpose in the locker room. Let’s hope they can channel this type of performance against their white hot nemesis, the Seattle Seahawks. On the plus side Seattle's defense is not very good. K2 and KM absolutely cannot come out cold in the first quarter the way they have in previous games this season. Seattle is great on offense and the Cards must score points in the opening quarter if they want to win this game. Seattle has played one less game than the Cardinals and have outscored Arizona 40-35 in the opening quarter of games. If Cards end the first quarter down by 2 or more scores they could be in for a long day. On defense the team is in trouble without the Wilson-stopper, Chandler Jones who has 13.5 sacks vs. the QB in 10 games, including 4 in the team’s win last year up in Seattle. Seattle’s WR core is—at minimum—just as good as the Cowboys and have a QB who can escape the most ferocious of pass rushes and drop dimes all over the field. Chris Carson is the type of back who hurts the Cards (see Mike Davis from Carolina game). Seattle has absolutely OWNED AZ at home going 6-0-1 vs the team in the last 7 games (last Cards win at home vs. Hawks was September 9, 2012!). This means the Hawks coming into the game off their bye with a puffed chest becasue they have the psychological edge and likely believe the annual trip to the desert is just another home game for them. My brain tells me the Hawks win this game by 17 points. But, my heart tells me Seattle is overconfident and the Cards are going to find a way to reclaim their house! Cards win 28-26.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate playing the Seahawks more than any team. There always seems to be a key 3rd down where we are just about to sack Wilson and likely go on to win and he spins out, runs around for 8 seconds then finds a guy open for a 30 yard gain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate playing the Seahawks more than any team. There always seems to be a key 3rd down where we are just about to sack Wilson and likely go on to win and he spins out, runs around for 8 seconds then finds a guy open for a 30 yard gain.

same. There’s no team I hate more in the league than the Seahawks.

for the love of God, can we finally beat this team at home?! Man, it would be awesome to go into the bye 5-2 on a 3 game winning streak and beating the division leader and hated rival.