Dennis Gardeck

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Both Gardeck sacks were superb. Both very different but shows good technique and speed on both. Speed and hands on the first and power on the 2nd.

Im really intrigued to see him vs Dallas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He sacked him with his legs on the first one!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well he did simply destroy a 300lb tackle on at least 2 dominant bull rushes I saw & shed the OT on his other sack:mrgreen:

let’s not forget, pass rushing was his forte in college though at the lower level.

Sure, but there's a big difference in a bullrush where you have the T off balance and holding your ground, shedding a block and keeping contain. That's why I'm interested, I think Gardeck has a very good power to weight ratio. He's a rocked up strong dude for his size and if he can keep his ground and shed blocks then we could be looking at a good OLB in the making.

I hope he is because he's a good dude and it's always great to see a guy work his nuts off to earn a role.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to spend most his time with us injured then go make the Pro Bowl in his first year with another team? Sounds about right actually.

If that happens, i'd might quit watching football. I'd bet my house that wouldn't happen.

yes, I know your post was in jest

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So he’s what we hoped Cap Cappi would be.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
My vote for number 1 fan favorite. The guy always leaves it all out on the field and isn’t afraid of being a goofball in front of millions. We need a stadium chant for him.
Many years ago, the Golden State Warriors had a guy like Gardeck, Brian Cardinal, us fans liked to call "The Janitor."

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Gardeck is proving to be a nice surprise this season. He may not be top of the list as far as physical traits but he gets the job done.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Over production from what I expected. I hope he can last the whole season at this pace!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Gardeck is actually a very good athlete. Just read his story on ESPN. He blew it up at the combine but nobody had any idea who he was.
Had he competed in this year's combine he would have been one of the 5-7 fastest linebackers with about a 4.5 40 and would have lead all linebackers in bench reps with 31.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gardeck the Destroyer before he joined the Cards:

''The lovely woman-child Kaa was mercilessly chained to the cruel post of the warrior-chief Beast, with his barbarian tribe now stacking wood at her nubile feet, when the strong clear voice of the poetic and heroic Gardeck the Destroyer roared,

"Flick your Bic, crisp that chick, and you'll feel my steel through your last meal.' ''

* winner in a bad writing contest - 1984..

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was disappointed Vance only gave him about 15 snaps vs the Cowboys. Was the perfect game to give him more when up big.

The few snaps he played he flashed so doesn't make much sense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed Vance only gave him about 15 snaps vs the Cowboys. Was the perfect game to give him more when up big.

It seemed like those snaps went to Simmons. He got 18, mostly in the 4th.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Not if you consider he was dealing with an injury leading up into the game which showed up on the injury report... another reason why you have to like the guy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose