Drake 4th in the NFL in Rushing Yards After 6 Weeks

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on. The game situations were completely different, and that IS the point.

Drake scored his run against a poor defense that already gave up on the game.

Henry's run, while great was completely different. The game was close. He broke tackles, and he ran away from everyone. Drake ran his run untouched and there wasn't a defender within yards of him the entire play.

Besides, Henry has been the best back in the league for quite a bit now, and it hasn't been close.

They said in NFL network the other say that Henry isn’t getting near the hype he should. That we are witnessing Bo Jackson level of play with a guy his size and strength with that kind of speed who can pummel your Butt to the ground and run away from CBs. He is a true stud and should be the talk of the league imo.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on. The game situations were completely different, and that IS the point.

Drake scored his run against a poor defense that already gave up on the game.

Henry's run, while great was completely different. The game was close. He broke tackles, and he ran away from everyone. Drake ran his run untouched and there wasn't a defender within yards of him the entire play.

Besides, Henry has been the best back in the league for quite a bit now, and it hasn't been close.

Bottom line: No asterisk for Henry or Drake.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said in NFL network the other say that Henry isn’t getting near the hype he should. That we are witnessing Bo Jackson level of play with a guy his size and strength with that kind of speed who can pummel your to the ground and run away from CBS. He is a true stud and should be the talk of the league imo.

Yep. It boggles my mind that Henry had to wait until the deadline to get paid. He should have gotten McCaffery money without much of a fight.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They said in NFL network the other say that Henry isn’t getting near the hype he should. That we are witnessing Bo Jackson level of play with a guy his size and strength with that kind of speed who can pummel your Butt to the ground and run away from CBs. He is a true stud and should be the talk of the league imo.
THis is true.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its weird how anemic this offense looks watching games but the stats say it is explosive. Drakes of course got inflated from that big run at the end of the game Monday

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Disagree. He has had 4 bad games and two good ones, IMO.

He really took KK's advise to stop dancing around and hit the hole. He has looked much better because of it.

Which games were bad besides the Panthers and Jets? He had games last year post-trade that were as bad or worse than those two.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Because he hasn't been good. He's been averaging about 3.5 yards per carry until the Q4 on Sunday.

He's not been the 4th best RB in the league has he? Even his Mom thinks he's been bad.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We all saw it. We also can not deny his stats have gone way up since they significantly reduced outside runs. He seems to have received the message from what we all saw. It was a combination of both coach and player.

With that said, take away the huge run (and we shouldn’t) he would still be top 10 in the league in rushing yards and TDs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all saw it. We also can not deny his stats have gone way up since they significantly reduced outside runs. He seems to have received the message from what we all saw. It was a combination of both coach and player.

With that said, take away the huge run (and we shouldn’t) he would still be top 10 in the league in rushing yards and TDs.

I'm a Drake fan. I liked him at Miami. I was a fan of the trade. He was good last year. I said before the Cowboys game that I expected him to put it right.

I still think he's been more bad than good so far. There wouldn't have been so much talk of starting Edmonds otherwise. But I think it's behind him now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Drake fan. I liked him at Miami. I was a fan of the trade. He was good last year. I said before the Cowboys game that I expected him to put it right.

I still think he's been more bad than good so far. There wouldn't have been so much talk of starting Edmonds otherwise. But I think it's behind him now.

I don't even think I would go that far. I would say that he has been inconsistent.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Many of us (including me) were giving him grief, but I realize that was more the play calling of Kingsbury than Drake’s performance. It seems K2 finally realized in the 4th quarter of the Jets game to call plays that feature Drake’s strengths.

It needs stay that way.

I was saying it early in the season, when everyone was clamoring for Edmonds...The play calls for each runner were different...The calls for Drake were outside zone runs, but the holes weren't always there and he'd get bounced way to far outside...While most/all of the running calls for Edmonds were between the guards, find the hole and go. When Drake would get 2 or 3 of those in each game, he was picking up 5+. I think if they can call more of these plays for him, consistently, it may open up the zone calls on the outside a few times a game.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

He's Bo Jackson and Earl Campbell combined...just one tough dude. He's gonna truck somebody so hard, some day, it's gonna end a career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Titans just aren’t a glamor team. NFL Network is right.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Titans just aren’t a glamor team. NFL Network is right.

Yep, they are an old school team, proving if you have the right pieces, you can make it work. They even played the Chiefs tough last year in the playoffs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is surprising but you can’t say stats lie. What’s happening is.... most running backs are struggling. Passing has been much more Emphasized. It is crazy to bash any of our players when we have scored and gained yards. We are top 10 in offense and as bad as everyone wants to jump on our defense we are second in scoring defense. And that has been with very few takeaways. Seattle is ranked #1 in the nfl as a team and the main reason is they are top 5 in takeaways. They give up more yards than Dallas. It if you force turnovers you will win a lot of games. Let’s not worry how we do it. Let’s just win. Drake is 4th in the League. The only thing that tells me is that only 3 are better at gaining yards. Lol