Bickley blisters Kingsbury after Cowboys Win

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It isn't what he said, more of when he said it. Why use this time to go off on an offense that scored 38 points and dominated our most hated enemy on national TV?
Bickley should be nicknamed Clickley...he's all about the clicks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have been pathetic coming out of the gate. That’s an area that must improve if we want any chance to beat the Seahawks & Rams. Penalties continue to be the biggest culprit. The bs offensive PI on Fitz killed a huge 1st down in Dallas territory which resulted in us having to punt the ball away.

I thought that was PI he was blocking before the ball was thrown, it's why Hopkins got the first down.

Fitz had a couple of nice blocks on runs by Kyler

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i have to remind myself of two things:

when the Cardinals hired Kliff-- it was a developmental hire at HC. He has come up the learning curve, but the curve is still there

when the Cardinals drafted Kyler -- he was a developmental QB. Never spent full time on football until a year ago. No real offseason this year. Only started one full season in college. Literally about 800 (!!!) or so fewer attempts in college vs guys like Mahomes or Russel Wilson. QB in the NFL is insanely hard. He has ground he has to make up, and he is doing it at the highest level

I think Calvisi on 98.7 did K1 a disservice by promoting this "2nd year QBs who have won the MVP-- K1 is next!" shtick.

I think Kyler's development might be closer to Josh Allen than Mahomes.

Allen and K1 both are leading young teams / improving rosters vs Mahomes / Jackson who took over playoff ready rosters.
GREAT POST!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley..ummmmmm...is facinated...by every chance to...ummmmm...look at the possible disaster facing whatever local team it applies to. The Cards could win the Super Bowl 58-0 and he would write some negative claptrap about something.

I like Vince but Bickley's incessant droning, "I know it all" takes makes me turn it off on occasion. His "ummmmmm"s and his constant use of "fascinating" drive me nuts. I'm sure the Cardinals are not paying attention to his tripe.

Local talk radio is a vast wasteland, especially 98.7.

Thanks for laying the foundation. I don't read or listen to Bickley.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i have to remind myself of two things:

when the Cardinals hired Kliff-- it was a developmental hire at HC. He has come up the learning curve, but the curve is still there

when the Cardinals drafted Kyler -- he was a developmental QB. Never spent full time on football until a year ago. No real offseason this year. Only started one full season in college. Literally about 800 (!!!) or so fewer attempts in college vs guys like Mahomes or Russel Wilson. QB in the NFL is insanely hard. He has ground he has to make up, and he is doing it at the highest level

I think Calvisi on 98.7 did K1 a disservice by promoting this "2nd year QBs who have won the MVP-- K1 is next!" shtick.

I think Kyler's development might be closer to Josh Allen than Mahomes.

Allen and K1 both are leading young teams / improving rosters vs Mahomes / Jackson who took over playoff ready rosters.
Good post. Only exception, imo, is that Mahomes made the Chiefs playoff ready. I think that is a middle of the pack team without him behind the helm. He's that special.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley has oft been my least favorite AZ radio guy. Lately I follow Ohler when I can and the different, not related jerecki in the afternoons. 910 FM is much more even keel about the teams than 98.7's team promo campaign shows.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bickley's always been horrible & intentionally tries to be provocative. In this instance, he falls flat on his face criticizing Kingsbury after a 38-10 win on MNF. I'll agree that we had a slow start again, but I thought Kingsbury called a good, aggressive gameplan after that. Our struggles were on the execution mainly by Kyler Murray & Andy Isabella. Kyler was off all night so Kingsbury ran it down their throats and Dallas couldn't stop it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I try to have fact based opinions and it's hard to say the Cardinals don't have a good offense and that Kliffs offense doesn't work.

What's exciting is that the offense could be much better. I won't be shocked if the Cardinals have an all time great offense in a year or so.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Ehhh alot of hyperbole from Bickley. We are still growing but not terrible by any stretch.

11th ranked offense with 27 point per game

5th overall offense in yds, 402 yds per game

3rd ranked rushing offense, 161 yds per game, 5.3 ypc, 11 TD

19th ranked passing offense, 7.3 ypa, 241 yds per game, 10 TD

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Is there much to be learned from putting up big points vs. the Cowboys? I don't think so, but it's better than not putting up 38. Our schedule has made it difficult to see where the Cards stack up, but we'll learn more soon. (Possibly as soon as Sunday!)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to have fact based opinions and it's hard to say the Cardinals don't have a good offense and that Kliffs offense doesn't work.

What's exciting is that the offense could be much better. I won't be shocked if the Cardinals have an all time great offense in a year or so.
oddly, our current stat sheets are one of the most prolific offensive starts in franchise history.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bickley and others continue to say KK promised air raid in NFL...and that's simply untrue. KK said from the beginning, it would be an NFL offense with air raid concepts. To me, the air raid has so much to offer and KK is still going through every single play in his arsenal, figuring out what works/doesn't work at the NFL level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought that was PI he was blocking before the ball was thrown, it's why Hopkins got the first down.

Fitz had a couple of nice blocks on runs by Kyler

Fitz has missed some key blocks on bubble screens a lot this year, so he was getting a jump on the block

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if the team was a playoff contender with someone like Alex smith, it was a solid team. That is what you are commenting against.
Reread if you'd like. They were no real threat and didn't scare anyone like Mahomes has. They snuck into the playoffs with Alex Smith. They had no real ability to move past the top teams in the AFC before Mahomes got there... IMO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line: Despite an ESPN fluff piece that surfaced on Monday, describing Kingsbury as a “Beautiful Mind,” we’re talking about an offense that remains a work-in-progress 22 games into Kingsbury’s head coaching career. He has proven remarkably humble and adaptable in Arizona, but that’s because some of his ideas aren’t working.

I totally agree with Bickley. I haven't been all that impressed with KK offense this season. There are still times where I'm left scratching my head. There is a ton of room for KK to grow as an NFL play caller. That should be a scary thought for other teams DCs as the current Cardinals "Work in Progress" is already putting up some solid numbers. Just imagine what this offense will be capable of if it finally matures.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson