Bickley blisters Kingsbury after Cowboys Win

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://arizonasports.com/story/242...-in-much-needed-cardinals-win-on-mnf-bickley/

Alas, Arizona’s offense remains an enigma. The Cardinals rank among the most penalized teams in the league, many of them coming on offense. Those seduced by Kyler Murray highlights are astounded at how boring the overall scheme appears on any given Sunday. National media pundit Mike Sando chimed in with the following during Monday’s performance:

Don’t be fooled by the point total or Kenyan Drake’s late touchdown. The Cardinals offense isn’t nearly as impressive or electric as it should be. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury is great on fourth-down conversions but is still struggling to build something sustainable.

They continue to attempt high-leverage passes to Andy Isabella, who is absolutely terrible on most occasions. They reflect an inconsistent quarterback who struggles finding and hitting open receivers. He’s missed Larry Fitzgerald on numerous occasions in 2020, including a sure touchdown pass in the fourth quarter that drew a look of frustration from the Hall of Fame receiver.

Quarterbacks don’t lose elite-level accuracy overnight, so this must be a vision issue. Or maybe Murray doesn’t read the field or survey complex defenses all that well at the NFL level. Either way, Kingsbury needs to adjust and design plays for Murray to throw on the run, in a moving pocket.

Bottom line: Despite an ESPN fluff piece that surfaced on Monday, describing Kingsbury as a “Beautiful Mind,” we’re talking about an offense that remains a work-in-progress 22 games into Kingsbury’s head coaching career. He has proven remarkably humble and adaptable in Arizona, but that’s because some of his ideas aren’t working.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a sentiment that 98.7 is just a mouthpiece for the teams. I wonder how management likes seeing basically a roast after a 28 point road win.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy the moving pocket thing because that's not Kyler's strength at all yet.

Kyler just has to be more accurate, and KK has to be better at his job. I do agree with the comment on Isabella, last night I just thought on the deep shots he was terrible, you just don't see NFL wr's look that awkward when they have to turn and look for the ball. He's had his moments this year, he's definitely improved, but he doesn't track the ball well at all. That's 3 long passes in the last few games where the minute he had to look for the ball he lost the ability to run

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"Quarterbacks don’t lose elite-level accuracy overnight, so this must be a vision issue."

not sure about this part. He is going to the right guys -- he is missing some of them badly

"Kingsbury needs to adjust and design plays for Murray to throw on the run, in a moving pocket."

this is the worst part of K1s game

the offense seems like it either works like a well oiled machine - going down the field with maybe only one 3rd down conversion required, or, it cant get out of its own way and moves backwards. No in between.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bickley is an idiot. He’s looking for someone to get BIG MAD at, and Vance is off limits since he just killed it. Nobody was saying “Dalton blows” before this game; everyone was saying “DALLAS WEAPONZ ARE DEADLY”. Yeah, well, they were holstered last night.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
About Isabela. I don't know, but looking at him run, he seems somewhat affected (? Or awkward?), and it looks to me like his uniform shoulder padding and helmet look way too big on him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s obvious that K1 muscled up during the offseason. I really believe that the extra muscle has affected his accuracy. I was a tremendous pure shooter back in my high school & college days. Then I spent a summer changing my body with more muscle. I had my worst shooting year that winter. It took me another season to regain it. The extra muscle has helped his run game, but just wondering if it’s negatively affected his passing game. It’s fixable though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Quarterbacks don’t lose elite-level accuracy overnight, so this must be a vision issue."

not sure about this part. He is going to the right guys -- he is missing some of them badly

"Kingsbury needs to adjust and design plays for Murray to throw on the run, in a moving pocket."

this is the worst part of K1s game

the offense seems like it either works like a well oiled machine - going down the field with maybe only one 3rd down conversion required, or, it cant get out of its own way and moves backwards. No in between.
Trent Dilfer said a year ago there would be really high highs and really low lows with this offense until he figures out run action.

That said..this game was more about Kyler being off.

As far a moving pocket..the only thing I can harp on with the coaches about is how much are they working with him on that? That has to be a primary focus during practice and in the offseason. Wish someone would ask Kliff's about Kyler's issues throwing on the run.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
"The Cardinals offense isn’t nearly as impressive or electric as it should be. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury is great on fourth-down conversions but is still struggling to build something sustainable."

Eh. 4th down for sure but he left out the most important improvement - red zone efficiency.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The Cardinals offense isn’t nearly as impressive or electric as it should be. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury is great on fourth-down conversions but is still struggling to build something sustainable."

Eh. 4th down for sure but he left out the most important improvement - red zone efficiency.

Exactly this is why I'm not more concerned about Kyler's issues. He's been remarkably good in the Redzone. He missed Fitz last night but our performance in the redzone is amazing. 14-18 for 8 TD's with 4 more running. Inside the 10 he's 6-9 6 TD's and 3 more running.

We all see the things he's missing between the 20's but inside the 20 he's been terrific. We won't be converting at that % all season but it's pretty remarkable to watch right now

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bickley..ummmmmm...is facinated...by every chance to...ummmmm...look at the possible disaster facing whatever local team it applies to. The Cards could win the Super Bowl 58-0 and he would write some negative claptrap about something.

I like Vince but Bickley's incessant droning, "I know it all" takes makes me turn it off on occasion. His "ummmmmm"s and his constant use of "fascinating" drive me nuts. I'm sure the Cardinals are not paying attention to his tripe.

Local talk radio is a vast wasteland, especially 98.7.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a no cursing site. No typing f bombs, abbreviating f bombs...any of it.

It's an auto week ban.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly this is why I'm not more concerned about Kyler's issues. He's been remarkably good in the Redzone. He missed Fitz last night but our performance in the redzone is amazing. 14-18 for 8 TD's with 4 more running. Inside the 10 he's 6-9 6 TD's and 3 more running.

We all see the things he's missing between the 20's but inside the 20 he's been terrific. We won't be converting at that % all season but it's pretty remarkable to watch right now

If Carson Palmer could’ve had that type of red zone efficiency we would have a couple rings

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
About Isabela. I don't know, but looking at him run, he seems somewhat affected (? Or awkward?), and it looks to me like his uniform shoulder padding and helmet look way too big on him.
I think AI has proved that a healthy Kirk is the best option on those go routes and option sweeps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have adaptable and humble, while trying to integrate an offense to the NFL, than others who have tried and failed, because the system works, like Bobby Petrino, Jack Pardee, even Jerry Glanville...none of them to ever sustain success or get over the top.

Add The Ol' Ball Coach, Spurrier to that list

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong in what he said. The offense hasn't been good in general. It's flashed in spells and it's been very good in the red zone but it's been generally more poor than good.

It's very slow to start. We have only scored on one opening drive all season but otherwise the issues have been covered already and mostly lead back to Kyler.

One big area of improvement last night was much more pre snap motion which helped a great deal, especially with running.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong in what he said. The offense hasn't been good in general. It's flashed in spells and it's been very good in the red zone but it's been generally more poor than good.

It's very slow to start. We have only scored on one opening drive all season but otherwise the issues have been covered already and mostly lead back to Kyler.

One big area of improvement last night was much more pre snap motion which helped a great deal, especially with running.
Yes, we have been pathetic coming out of the gate. That’s an area that must improve if we want any chance to beat the Seahawks & Rams. Penalties continue to be the biggest culprit. The bs offensive PI on Fitz killed a huge 1st down in Dallas territory which resulted in us having to punt the ball away.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It isn't what he said, more of when he said it. Why use this time to go off on an offense that scored 38 points and dominated our most hated enemy on national TV?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i have to remind myself of two things:

when the Cardinals hired Kliff-- it was a developmental hire at HC. He has come up the learning curve, but the curve is still there

when the Cardinals drafted Kyler -- he was a developmental QB. Never spent full time on football until a year ago. No real offseason this year. Only started one full season in college. Literally about 800 (!!!) or so fewer attempts in college vs guys like Mahomes or Russel Wilson. QB in the NFL is insanely hard. He has ground he has to make up, and he is doing it at the highest level

I think Calvisi on 98.7 did K1 a disservice by promoting this "2nd year QBs who have won the MVP-- K1 is next!" shtick.

I think Kyler's development might be closer to Josh Allen than Mahomes.

Allen and K1 both are leading young teams / improving rosters vs Mahomes / Jackson who took over playoff ready rosters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA