Free Agency 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So what do the Birds rights entail?

A team can go over the cap as much as they want to re-sign a player who has been under contract with them for at least the past three seasons. We inherited Oubre's Bird rights when we traded for him, so we still have them, even though his current deal is only two years.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
A team can go over the cap as much as they want to re-sign a player who has been under contract with them for at least the past three seasons. We inherited Oubre's Bird rights when we traded for him, so we still have them, even though his current deal is only two years.
Doesn't seem ideal to go over the cap in signing him, then needing to max out Ayton later.
Especially if the cap moves lower with just a few fans in the buildings.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesn't seem ideal to go over the cap in signing him, then needing to max out Ayton later.
Especially if the cap moves lower.

Then trade him now if that's the Suns' conclusion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then trade him now if that's the Suns' conclusion.

Doesn't it get old repeating yourself over and over? I don't think you've made a new post in the last month. It's all "The Suns need a starting a PF" and "The Suns need to trade Oubre".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per reports, the salary cap could be reduced between $3 to $12 million.

The NBA salary cap is expected to decline "anywhere between $3 million and $12 million" for next season, sources told Connor Letourneau of the San Francisco Chronicle.

It was reported on Friday that the NBA could hold up to 40% of player salaries for the upcoming season in escrow to offset anticipated losses due to having a limited amount of fans or no fans altogether.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...etween-$3-Million-And-$12-Million-Next-Season

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is going to throw a monkey wrench in future trades and negotiations. That escrow amount, we need to see if it sticks to the team that made the contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA free agency could start as soon as 48 to 72 hours after the November 18th draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, we will know who goes where before then!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, we will know who goes where before then!

I'd prefer free agency before the draft not that deals aren't already set in motion by agents.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see a Beverley-Rondo back court. Go for it. :wink2:

Personally I don't think Paul George is the best fit for the Clippers.

I think Beverley's true effectiveness is overhyped, almost like he's a false hustle kind of player. I think he could go and the Clippers wouldn't skip a beat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Beverley's true effectiveness is overhyped, almost like he's a false hustle kind of player. I think he could go and the Clippers wouldn't skip a beat.

Beverley is one of those players it's easy to dislike. The Clippers have him for a couple of more seasons at about $13 and $14 million.

The Clippers needed something more last season. It's interesting they want to add Rondo because I view him as almost the same type player with defense and 3-point shooting. To be honest, I've never really liked either as a player but they add something to a team that has all the pieces.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beverley is one of those players it's easy to dislike. The Clippers have him for a couple of more seasons at about $13 and $14 million.

The Clippers needed something more last season. It's interesting they want to add Rondo because I view him as almost the same type player with defense and 3-point shooting. To be honest, I've never really liked either as a player but they add something to a team that has all the pieces.

Wow Rondo adds so much more than Beverly, his vision is 10x greater, an automatic upgrade.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score