Well, that's awesome!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to say that our coaches out coached the cowboys coaches. I was thrilled with how well we handled their WR's.

TO's obviously helped a ton but the Offense just kept on hitting them with almost every weapon on the Offense. Even Issabella not getting a stats doesn't take into account how he made them worry about the deep ball.

If you told me that KM would only have 9 completions this game I would have bet my house we would lose. To me that just highlights how awesome KK is and how much KM can impact a game with his legs.

I am thrilled with this game, thrilled.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals had a 9 play 79 yard TD drive in 3rd quarter to ice the game. Oh, they didn't complete a pass on that drive. We all know it was against S
sh***y Cowboys team and yet that drive was truly special.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I have to say that our coaches out coached the cowboys coaches. I was thrilled with how well we handled their WR's.

TO's obviously helped a ton but the Offense just kept on hitting them with almost every weapon on the Offense. Even Issabella not getting a stats doesn't take into account how he made them worry about the deep ball.

If you told me that KM would only have 9 completions this game I would have bet my house we would lose. To me that just highlights how awesome KK is and how much KM can impact a game with his legs.

well cowpukes prepared for the pass game, but the run game is the engine of any offense! Teams have to be balanced or at least versatile against modern nfl defense. Sad I missed it but will watch it when I get home, I was harvesting fish for the winter in rocky point. 35 runs that will do donkey, that will do!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler technically had a 93 Passer rating and a 83 Total QBR

Yet I'll admit I'm still sorta bummed he didnt play better. Wanted to see completely dominant performance from him to give me confidence he's ready to go score for score with Russell Wilson.

Maybe the defense is ready? Or could that be Dalton/Flacco fool's gold.

Hopefully Kyler plays better.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This game was all about Vance at least being able to make Dalton and a backup OL feel very uncomfortable the whole game. Kliff knowing how to use Kyler's feet to make things happen was also crucial.

I'm still not ready to truly praise this defense. I will say that last year we were a defense that made any team look good on offense. This year they can take care of business in the situations that they are expected to.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Fantastic point. We haven't been able to say that a lot under this coaching regime...Hopefully it will become a norm.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Slow it down a notch cards fans

Dallas was severely depleted on offense.... this wasn’t the nfls top offense we faced

be happy but don’t get carried away... we have a long way to go as a team and Simmons ain’t ready to spy Russell Wilson yet
The better offenses will still drop thirty on us and we are still starting games like we have never played before

imagine what this team could be if our offense came out of the locker room before the second quarter

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Always great to beat the Cowpukes. The Seattle game will tell us a lot about this team. Are we contenders or pretenders. Do will build off this victory or do we lay another egg like Detroit or Carolina

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Always great to beat the Cowpukes. The Seattle game will tell us a lot about this team. Are we contenders or pretenders. Do will build off this victory or do we lay another egg like Detroit or Carolina
I wouldn't put that much on one game. The next 6 games will likely make or break our season though. All 6 games are losable, but none of them are unwinnable either. If we can find a way to go 4-2 during that stretch we are making the playoffs. We go 2-4 or worse we can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Dallas was severely depleted on offense.... this wasn’t the nfls top offense we faced

be happy but don’t get carried away... we have a long way to go as a team and Simmons ain’t ready to spy Russell Wilson yet
The better offenses will still drop thirty on us and we are still starting games like we have never played before

imagine what this team could be if our offense came out of the locker room before the second quarter
Man, I just love a dominant win on national TV against a media darling. And... sure, they were missing a lot, but we put Zeke in the ground to the point of being sidelined, and I'm personal friends with his agent. It wasn't anything special that had Pollard on the field. We just demoralized all of them.

Kyler Murray is just really special on the ground. He's probably going to grow significantly as a passer too. Lamar Jackson has more straight ahead speed, but Kyler moves laterally better than just about any player I've ever seen.

It was so much fun to hear from my friends that either played or are in the industry tonight, they're all believers in our QB. I've become one too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a great win. I don't know about you guys but I love a defensive win. If you have a dominant offense and poor defense you might win 31-28 but you will lose as many the same way. Give me a dominant defense any day and even with a QB only completing 9 passes you still win by 28 points and you will win far more games than you lose.

Credit to Vance for his game plan. He did much better disguising his formations and blitzes. The pass rush probably had it's best performance of the year without CJ with Dalton under constant pressure and that helped the DB's put in a heck of a shift. Surely Byron Murphy's best game in the NFL. Dre had his best game for us. The D line kept the Cowboys to under 100 rushing. Best performance under Vance yet.

Sure Dallas was missing a lot but they still had a lot. That's not a bad team talent wise and Zeke and Dalton were both good against the Giants last week.

I was hoping for more from Kyler but he did what he had to do.

This was a great game to to warm up for the Seahawks. Similar defenses and offensive setups except the Chicks have an actual QB. Makes Sunday a more interesting game for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talking about defense
I think deionte Thompson is doing pretty well
What do u think?

Yes I think he's been above average. Seems to read the game well has been good in coverage (often vs TEs) and reads the run well.

Speaking of TE's, very little been mentioned about how much better we have been vs TE's this year. I can't be bothered looking at the stats but I can say we are #14 in fantasy vs TE and thats 13 places better than last year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I just love a dominant win on national TV against a media darling. And... sure, they were missing a lot, but we put Zeke in the ground to the point of being sidelined, and I'm personal friends with his agent. It wasn't anything special that had Pollard on the field. We just demoralized all of them.

Kyler Murray is just really special on the ground. He's probably going to grow significantly as a passer too. Lamar Jackson has more straight ahead speed, but Kyler moves laterally better than just about any player I've ever seen.

It was so much fun to hear from my friends that either played or are in the industry tonight, they're all believers in our QB. I've become one too.
Seriously, lol.

Yea, we know Dallas was missing a bunch, but you would’ve thought we won 38-34 & not 38-10 by looking in this thread.

This same exact game last year we probably win by 3.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out of interest was that Murphy's first serious full time game in the slot? If so he should focus on that because he looked much better from the limited film I have seen so far.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would like to see more of this defensive game plan in the future. It was nice to see us get pressure and it certainly made the secondary look much better.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I hear what you’re typing, but it’s nice to see this Cards team not let up and step on the throat of the teams they are clearly better than, like Jets and Cowboys. Yes, they lost winnable games against Carolina and Detroit, but even those teams aren’t nearly as bad as Jets and Cowboys. In years past, the Cards would have just eeked out these last 2 wins on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I hear what you’re typing, but it’s nice to see this Cards team not let up and step on the throat of the teams they are clearly better than, like Jets and Cowboys. Yes, they lost winnable games against Carolina and Detroit, but even those teams aren’t nearly as bad as Jets and Cowboys. In years past, the Cards would have just eeked out these last 2 wins on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
True. Just trying to temper the hype..... hoping to keep anyone from being suicidal if Seattle plays us like they usually do in Glendale

be happy but try to keep perspective.... we will have to play our best game of the season to keep pace with the hags next week

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
True. Just trying to temper the hype..... hoping to keep anyone from being suicidal if Seattle plays us like they usually do in Glendale

be happy but try to keep perspective.... we will have to play our best game of the season to keep pace with the hags next week
Seattle is winning but they don’t look like they have in years passed. No defense and limited offense

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave