I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Way to bump this and his 36% Completion % tonight lol.... stellar :biglaugh:
Lmao he is too busy thinking about that NFC Player of the Week Award I guess, or maybe this 28 point lead on the road is weighing on his mind. Cardinals fans are just miserable, abused human beings. Don't even know when to be happy. It's ok, I'm one of them. But admitting it is the first step.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Budda has his flaws as does most but I really just don’t get the hella hate lol Budda had to deny Shane an autograph.

I don’t hate him. He’s just very flawed. Outside of tonight’s game he’s been a 4 year one trick pony And has no business being payed as though he’s the Ed Reed of today’s NFL.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler at this point is still very much a rhythm qb.

He was off all day today, I feel like if Izzy tracks that ball down on the first drive, he feels more comfortable going the rest of the way and rapport is build.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler at this point is still very much a rhythm qb.

He was off all day today, I feel like if Izzy tracks that ball down on the first drive, he feels more comfortable going the rest of the way and rapport is build.
That and even though the run game was working...probably should have mixed in a screen or two in the 2nd half just keep him active throwing the ball.

Havent seen him this inaccurate in over a year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man if he just Fitz on that TD pass he would have had a nice 110 Passer rating. Which is not bad for being so off today throwing the ball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t hate him. He’s just very flawed. Outside of tonight’s game he’s been a 4 year one trick pony And has no business being payed as though he’s the Ed Reed of today’s NFL.
Eh okay but you be treating the dude like he’s Aaron Francisco lmao

I mean, I’ll never hate on a brother getting paid.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler did not have a good game as a passer but he did have some quality throws at crucial moments. I think this modern NFL with how they protect the QBs and favor the offense, young QBs which can run distract from their development because the running is working and is easy for them. Lamar all of sudden regressed as Kyler because you can not improve on what you do not really have to perfect when winning is the main goal. Kyler is looking like Vick right now which is fine but he needs to spend some time honing his arm and his reaction after the win shows he understands that though as a runner he's dynamic

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler did not have a good game as a passer but he did have some quality throws at crucial moments. I think this modern NFL with how they protect the QBs and favor the offense, young QBs which can run distract from their development because the running is working and is easy for them. Lamar all of sudden regressed as Kyler because you can not improve on what you do not really have to perfect when winning is the main goal. Kyler is looking like Vick right now which is fine but he needs to spend some time honing his arm and his reaction after the win shows he understands that though as a runner he's dynamic
I think the running game being so dominant worked against him in the 2nd half. Kind of wanted to see them develop some rhythm in the 2nd half.

Lets hope they figure it out next week though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to improve as a passer. I went for a walk up 28-3 so I missed the last few drives the miss to Fitz I didn't see. That said last year 20 TD passes 4 TD runs 5 wins. This year 10 TD passes 6 TD runs in 6 games, 4 wins. We are better, he is better. If he can iron out the accuracy issues to even where he was last year look out. the 2 deep shots to Andy IMO Isabella blew both of those because he couldn't locate the ball, just like on the one where he lost his footing in a prior game he seems to be unable to look back, track the ball, and run. either one of those could have been completed for a long gain or TD if Andy tracked the ball. He missed Hopkins on a crossing route badly, a few times he and Hop were on different pages I don't think that was accuracy it's confusion on where Hop was going to be.

But the threat of him running is unreal this year, the reason Drake was so good in the 2nd half is Dallas couldn't account for Kyler without assigning a defender to him and that meant it was 9 on 10 instead of 9 on 11. Generally speaking on a run play you have 11 defenders against 9 blockers, the QB is not involved and the RB has the ball. Last night it was 10 defenders because one was assigned to Kyler, which makes a huge difference for an NFL RB, one less defender to worry about

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
he was last year look out. the 2 deep shots to Andy IMO Isabella blew both of those because he couldn't locate the ball,

i think the first was on K1 -- AI was running down one hash and the ball was way over on the other

the second was a ????. it was like Andy had no idea where the ball was

this wasnt a good game passing by K1. so many easy throws missed

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the first was on K1 -- AI was running down one hash and the ball was way over on the other

the second was a ????. it was like Andy had no idea where the ball was

this wasnt a good game passing by K1. so many easy throws missed

I'm basing the first one on the reaction of Murray and then the comment from Griese which was as a QB when the ball is in the air that long you expect your WR to run under it, clearly Isabella couldn't find the ball. Maybe Kyler just missed but it also looked like he was intentionally throwing the ball away from the CB with the thinking the safety on the other side can't get there so I'm leading him to that hash so the CB running with him, can't get the ball?

Agreed he had some bad throws, misses, there were 2-3 where he and Hop were totally on different pages, I assume there Hop is probably wrong beccause it's his 6th game in the system, but that may not be fair it might have been Murray made the wrong read.

I guess I'm just saying 6 games in with him not really throwing the ball that well he's on a pace to put up 42 TD's passing and running combined. Last night he completely took over the game with just a couple of runs. Dallas was so concerned about him running they took away the 11th defender to shadow him, seemed to be Jaylon Smith for the most part, and the result was Drake was terrific in the 2nd half and we hit a big shot to Kirk and a big catch and run to Hop because the defense was just so concerned with Murray

He has to throw better to beat Seattle though

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He has to throw better to beat Seattle though

this is the bottom line

he kinda reminds me of a golfer struggling off the tee: slice, slice -- then over compensates and duck hooks one

he has been high, high, high -- and last night threw a few where they bore down at the receivers feet

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm open it is tendinitis because I'm just watching the full game and through the 1st quarter is has been awful passing. It's a good job he can run.

If it's tendinitis them hopefully the bye week can fix it.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
He was a bit off last night. But he also made many key plays to win the game. He has proven to be more accurate that what he was last night.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk