I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really interested in seeing the All 22 cause outside of a missed throw to Fitz...I sorta think this is cumulative response for his awful ints/decisions in the Lions game.

imho they should have ran Chase to soften up the middle of the defense (not run wide) and then that could have opened up passes down the field.

Again maybe he was just missing or not seeing open wrs. However, I dont remember any missed throws outside of the one to Fitz.

Unless we're counting the Isabella play.

(incompletions off the top of my head.
-Miss to Fitz,
- sideline throw to Hopkins,
-Isabella no catch,
-Kirk not bringing one in,
-Kirk pass deep that he helped break up
-Chase drop
- Scramble throw to Hopkins who claimed he was in bounds

To me it seemed like Rhule just watched the film of how the Panthers held us to short throws last year.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is ready to stick a fork in Kyler, but he hasn’t taken the necessary step up from his rookie season. He’s still not looking off of his primary receiver, he’s not seeing the field and his throws are off balanced. Even Gardner Mishew has improved from his rookie season.
This would make sense if Gardner Minshew actually did improve from his rookie season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on him yet but we should of signed Chase Daniel that guy is exactly what this offense needs he will hit open guys, he is a gunslinger and a winner. I have no earthly idea why no one has made him a starter yet but if we signed him and started him he'd be the guy to run this kind of offense.

But what do I know? I'm not a professional.

OMG, Conrad... you’re STILL ringing that Chase Daniel bell?! Dude. It’s been over a DECADE.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ has a thing for Minshew.

Now in fairness...a 6th rounder being on pace for 30 tds and 4000 yards is impressive. Even if there is a lot of garbage time stats.
TJ knows what he’s doing lol hell he still backs up a clearly washed up CB just to play the contrarian role.

What Minshew did was fine but his ceiling is just way too limited to build around you have a really strong supporting cast(aka Rams)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like Chase will never start anywhere but he should have, the knock on him is that he's short but he's taller than Kyler. Anyhow yes as a backup he's miles better than what we have.

Okay... level with us after all these years. Are you Chase Daniel’s grandfather? I just did a search on his name and there are just post after post starting from 2009-2012 where apparently Chase Daniel was the best QB we could get, for every different offense we could run. And there’s a plethora more I’m sure (and why I remembered this) but come on. Fess up already.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...e+Daniel&o=relevance&c[node]=4&c[user][0]=216

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... level with us after all these years. Are you Chase Daniel’s grandfather? I just did a search on his name and there are just post after post starting from 2009-2012 where apparently Chase Daniel was the best QB we could get, for every different offense we could run. And there’s a plethora more I’m sure (and why I remembered this) but come on. Fess up already.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/search/11464278/?q=Chase+Daniel&o=relevance&c[node]=4&c[user][0]=216

lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People need to stop defending Kyler by trashing Kliff. They both suck right now.

I was by no means defending Kyler. Because was a bad word choice, I meant not being helped by.

Kyler is playing very, very poorly. But Kliff isn't helping with some very limited and poorly timed play calls. Also not being helped by a poor O line and lack of run game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's just 3 things wrong with this franchise

1. We can't draft players
2. We can't coach players up
3. We can't play call and manage games

If we can just fix these 3 things we will be good....

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyler Murray career YPA 6.7
Sam Bradford career YPA 6.6

I'm not sure why I got banned one week for saying but this but Kyler is reaching dangerous territory right now

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I think what's bothered me the last 2 games is how stagnant this offense looks. When asked about the offense stagnation, Kliff said he doesn't know or we got to get better.
It's like why the hell did we even bring you here for? You were supposed to be an offensive savant, a genius, a mad scientist. I haven't seen much of that at all. Even in the first two games we get something going and then the offense would sputter. We're in the 4th game now, no preseason is quickly becoming an excuse. That pressure is going to start mounting up quick if we don't get a W against the jets.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think what's bothered me the last 2 games is how stagnant this offense looks. When asked about the offense stagnation, Kliff said he doesn't know or we got to get better.
It's like why the hell did we even bring you here for? You were supposed to be an offensive savant, a genius, a mad scientist. I haven't seen much of that at all. Even in the first two games we get something going and then the offense would sputter. We're in the 4th game now, no preseason is quickly becoming an excuse. That pressure is going to start mounting up quick if we don't get a W against the jets.
That is what happens when your QB airmails wide open players...it isn't a scheme thing, it is a QB thing.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/search/11464278/?q=Chase+Daniel&o=relevance&c[node]=4&c[user][0]=216

I did not have relations with that woman.... :)