Cardinals at Cowboys gameday thread 10-19-20

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't on PP2.

What I saw (and this may be mistaken) was Cover 3 and Gallup ended up in the corner between the zone.

Peterson's job on that play is to move in and cover that area but he slipped on the play when he tried to drive on the ball

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was not Peterson. Hicks got switched up on Gallup and Peterson on Elliot.
Peterson was trying to motion hicks over and screaming at him but he wasn’t paying attention

Again that looked like cover 3 to me not man and Peterson tried to drive on the ball and fell down

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Certainly the Cowboys seem intent on giving the Cards the game. However, the Cards should get credit for stepping up and taking the gift. The first quarter was brutal, but the second quarter was one of the best the Cards have played this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D playing great so far. Was worried they would do an election foldo at the end of the half but held to a FG.

gotta come out and stomp on the throat to start the 3rd.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be a very Cardinals thing to give up the lead and have to come back

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Told ya’ll we would pressure Boys.

I have to mea culpa on my Kirk hate, however, that was a amazing catch and massive play.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you didn't see that TD catch by Kirk you need to do it ASAP. KM threw it about 1 foot too far but Kirk made the finger tip catch and kept his balance while stretching out to the max to reach the ball.

Now I take you back to the catch Kirk made on the sideline (~ 50 yds) and the control he showed getting his feet in while making the over the shoulder catch.

Kirk can easily be a #2 WR to Hop's #1 status.

Fitz still gets key catches for first downs.

Issabella is an excellent ............decoy. Still hoping he gets better.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Two TDs win this... we need to keep Kyler running and play desperate because this defense will eventually show their true colors even against Dalton and please make adjustment Vance :raccoon:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Certainly the Cowboys seem intent on giving the Cards the game. However, the Cards should get credit for stepping up and taking the gift. The first quarter was brutal, but the second quarter was one of the best the Cards have played this year.
That's why I always say it is a 4 quarter game. You don't get lap money.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn't see that TD catch by Kirk you need to do it ASAP. KM threw it about 1 foot too far but Kirk made the finger tip catch and kept his balance while stretching out to the max to reach the ball.

Now I take you back to the catch Kirk made on the sideline (~ 50 yds) and the control he showed getting his feet in while making the over the shoulder catch.

Kirk can easily be a #2 WR to Hop's #1 status.

Fitz still gets key catches for first downs.

Issabella is an excellent ............decoy. Still hoping he gets better.

Excellent post

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again that looked like cover 3 to me not man and Peterson tried to drive on the ball and fell down

What I saw was Hicks getting juked and the ball glancing off the WR's hands and PP trying to adjust to the tipped ball because he was running in the other direction covering his man.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Say what you will about Kyler, when he looks bad he has the remarkable ability to have a short memory and flip the switch to play better .