2021 Draft Targets

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Creed Humphrey is pretty much mocked to us in damn near every mock I’ve seen.

So, talk about Creed if you have watched him the past 3 years.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
R1: Creed Humphrey(C/G)
R2: Chazz Surratt(ILB)
R3: Reed Blankenship(S)
R5: Dyami Brown(WR)
R6: Al Blades(CB)
R7: Jamar Watson(EDGE)

@Chopper0080
I like keeping Creed at C & moving Lamont to RG when Sweezy is gone.

Don’t like this CB or EDGE class at all....at least not yet. Yeesh.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
R1: Creed Humphrey(C/G)
R2: Chazz Surratt(ILB)
R3: Reed Blankenship(S)
R5: Dyami Brown(WR)
R6: Al Blades(CB)
R7: Jamar Watson(EDGE)

@Chopper0080
I like keeping Creed at C & moving Lamont to RG when Sweezy is gone.

Don’t like this CB or EDGE class at all....at least not yet. Yeesh.
I like Wyatt Davis and Creed Humphrey. If you haven't looked at Rashawn Slater out of Northwestern, give him a look. He plays OT but projects inside to OG.

I agree about most of the CB class (outside of Surtain) and very top end of the EDGE class. I do like some of the 2nd and 3rd round EDGE guys. Jones, Oweh, Rumph, and Ossai.

CB is tough for me. I do like Blades as a mid round dude. I am curious to see where Jaycee Horn ends up. His dad was a dick but a hell of a competitor and played with a chip. I feel like I see that chip and competitiveness when I watch Jaycee.

My dream draft probably starts and ends with Patrick Surtain II. I like a bunch of other guys, but I think the need and talent are too great to pass on.

I am anxious to watch as much Jackson Carman as I can. He seems like a difference maker at OT.

I really like the RB and S class, but I am not sure we will be in that place, especially at S.

It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of the year, especially with the defense. Isaiah Simmons and Jalen Thompson and the scheme will have a ton to say about how we draft for the defense.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Creed is a must. I feel we have to go all in on OL and CB this draft. The rumors of our current OL personnel improving were greatly exaggerated. Screw RB. If we draft OL our current RBs will look much better.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If you're going TE, the kid from Penn St is the pick. Wait until you see him play.

Wyatt Davis is an animal at OG but there aren't many other OSU prospects I'm enamored with. I think CB Shaun Wade is being overrated. WR Chris Olave would be a nice pickup but not in round 1 and maybe not in round 2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're going TE, the kid from Penn St is the pick. Wait until you see him play.

Wyatt Davis is an animal at OG but there aren't many other OSU prospects I'm enamored with. I think CB Shaun Wade is being overrated. WR Chris Olave would be a nice pickup but not in round 1 and maybe not in round 2.

I'd love a mauler at guard like Davis. Fitts looks superb but I like my TEs to be able to block. Let's face it, Fitts is basically a big WR.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Looking at mock drafts shows just how much PAC 12 players got screwed by having the season delayed so much

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the top of my draft list would have to be Carlos Basham Jr. I think he is arguably the best pass rusher in this draft class with Patrick Jones II a close second. I think Creed Humphrey and Wyatt Davis would be great options but a pass rusher like Basham would really help the defense. Basham (6'5 272) reminds me a little of TJ Watt who PIT took in late first round a couple of years ago. I think he would pair nicely with Jones next year.

My ideal draft would be:
#1 - Carlos Basham Jr
#2 - Paulson Adebo
#3 - Alec Lindstrom
#4 - Thayer Munford
#5 - Ambry Thomas

ARZ would get an impact pass rusher, a couple of 6'0+ CB's to develop, a good C prospect and OT depth.

I think ARZ could fill OG needs in FA.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the top of my draft list would have to be Carlos Basham Jr. I think he is arguably the best pass rusher in this draft class with Patrick Jones II a close second. I think Creed Humphrey and Wyatt Davis would be great options but a pass rusher like Basham would really help the defense. Basham (6'5 272) reminds me a little of TJ Watt who PIT took in late first round a couple of years ago. I think he would pair nicely with Jones next year.

My ideal draft would be:
#1 - Carlos Basham Jr
#2 - Paulson Adebo
#3 - Alec Lindstrom
#4 - Thayer Munford
#5 - Ambry Thomas

ARZ would get an impact pass rusher, a couple of 6'0+ CB's to develop, a good C prospect and OT depth.

I used to be high on Adebo prior to the 2019 season, but man he is rough around the edges & very scheme specific.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'd be fine with pitts in the 1st but I still think we should draft terrace Marshall from lsu. 6'3" has great hands and can run. Through 4 games this year he has 27 catches, 512 yard and 9 touchdowns. He is a fitz replacement.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I used to be high on Adebo prior to the 2019 season, but man he is rough around the edges & very scheme specific.
I agree but this CB class isn't very deep IMO. Mocks have us taking Tyson Campbell of UGA in first round but dude is a JR and doesn't have a single INT in 3 years. If there is another good CB in Round 2 available other than Adebo then I'm in.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My ideal draft would be:
#1 - Carlos Basham Jr
#2 - Paulson Adebo
#3 - Alec Lindstrom
#4 - Thayer Munford
#5 - Ambry Thomas

Garthshort and I would like you to add positions to your list.

Thanks.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Marshall from LSU

Gotta address WR next year...Fitz probably retires and I'm not sure we can bank on Andy yet.

Not to mention Kirk can test FA after next year.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Marshall from LSU

Gotta address WR next year...Fitz probably retires and I'm not sure we can bank on Andy yet.

Not to mention Kirk can test FA after next year.
Maybe in the 3rd round...

Definitely not before CB & EDGE unless BPA is just way too big

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some of these are pipe dream picks, considering that we'll be picking about #22-25

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
overseascardfan, would you mind adding the positions for your Draft Class? Thanks.

Garthshort and I would like you to add positions to your list.

Thanks.

Sorry about that:

#1 - Carlos Basham Jr - DE / OLB
#2 - Paulson Adebo - CB
#3 - Alec Lindstrom - OC
#4 - Thayer Munford - OT
#5 - Ambry Thomas - CB

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
overseas, thanks. Right now I wouldn't draft for the OL, because of our needs at CB, WR, TE and DL. And I'm assuming that CJ will be good to go, next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose