Lawrence and Sweezy to IR

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So both out at least 3 weeks. Not sure what the rules are this year on how many you can designate to return?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hump also now questionable for Monday

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Justin Murray in...not a bad thing. He has played well.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It should stay this way

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

I completely agree. I have never understood the NFLs rules on the amount of active players, players on the roster, etc. There is a salary cap, if a team wants to put 90 guys on their rosters then let them.

IR should always be something that can be used, players can come back etc. All it does is allow the team to put another body on the field while someone recovers.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I completely agree. I have never understood the NFLs rules on the amount of active players, players on the roster, etc. There is a salary cap, if a team wants to put 90 guys on their rosters then let them.

IR should always be something that can be used, players can come back etc. All it does is allow the team to put another body on the field while someone recovers.

Its apparently to stop teams parking players they want to keep but not on the 53 on IR with spurious injuries. I've always thought it far fetched. Why would a player let that happen rather than be on a PS and have the chance to make a 53 somewhere?

I agree should stay this way.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Its apparently to stop teams parking players they want to keep but not on the 53 on IR with spurious injuries. I've always thought it far fetched. Why would a player let that happen rather than be on a PS and have the chance to make a 53 somewhere?

I agree should stay this way.
Because they're still getting paid. We did it last year with Butler. He wasn't injured bad enough to be out for the year. But they "stashed" him there hoping he would improve. That's is exactly why they do not allow it under normal circumstances.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lawrence is a bigger loss than Sweezy. I feel like the depth at offensive line can handle 1-2 losses. Dline though yeesh

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am more concerned playing Haason Reddick significant snaps.

I don't think Reddick gets more snaps. The OLB roles are very different. Kennard and Reddick play the strong side and drop into coverage a lot. I don't see VJ moving either of them to the other side because then you just have players both sides out of position. (which means he probably will do it)

I think Allen and Gardeck take snaps on the other side depending on base/nickel and situation.