2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certainly not a guarantee, however there is precident.

2011 #15 Kawhi Leonard
2011 #30 Jimmy Butler
2012 #35 Draymond Green
2013 #15 Greek Freak
2013 #27 Rudy Gobert
2014 #41 Nikola Jokic
2015 none (jk Book)
2016 #27 Pascal Siakam
2017 #13 Donovan Mitchell
2018 #34 Devonte Graham (pending)

But as Main points out, you still have to be the one to identify him. And there doesn't seem to be a clear formula for finding that diamond in the rough. (Since Utah hit twice in that stretch we should probably be paying close attention to who they're interested in.)

I'd add Bam Adebayo (14) to the 2017 draft.

In the 2018 draft I think Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (11) and Michael Porter Jr. (14) have a chance to become stars.

Also in the 2019 draft I think Tyler Herro (13), Brandon Clarke (21) and Darius Bazley (23) have a chance.

I haven't seen enough of P. J. Washington (12) to have an idea. I know Bazley is a reach but he has crazy upside.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say it is extremely likely that someone outside the top 10 will become an all-star player. It happens almost every draft. The odds of being the team to stumble into that guy are not great, but it's almost certain that the player is out there.

Also, I think this draft has better depth than most years, what it lacks is clear cut top picks. I wouldn't be surprised if the several of the best players from this draft end up being taken outside the top 5 picks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd add Bam Adebayo (14) to the 2017 draft.

In the 2018 draft I think Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (11) and Michael Porter Jr. (14) have a chance to become stars.

Also in the 2019 draft I think Tyler Herro (13), Brandon Clarke (21) and Darius Bazley (23) have a chance.

I haven't seen enough of P. J. Washington (12) to have an idea. I know Bazley is a reach but he has crazy upside.

your confusing Star with good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@offset

Also Kellan Olson had a nice article that included information about Kira Lewis.

Watching scouting video on Lewis the one thing I wouldn't have guessed is how often he finishes at the rim. In the video I have watched he seemed to finish too weak at the rim.

By Kellan Olson Arzona Sports Empire of the Suns Blogs:

June 17, 2020 at 10:19 am

He took 42.5% of his shots at the rim, a very high number for your typical lottery point guard prospect. That’s a higher percentage than fellow first-round prospects Nico Mannion (20.1%) and Cole Anthony (20.0%) combined. It’s a much higher mark than Tyrese Maxey (31.1%), Anthony Edwards (26.5%) and Tyrese Haliburton (24.6%).

Lewis’ volume at the rim compares to Ja Morant (53.1%), Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (44.3%) and De’Aaron Fox (48.1%), three recent guard prospects who have begun to blossom in the NBA.

https://arizonasports.com/story/229...nba-draft-big-board-pt-4-the-darkhorse-at-pg/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I think you are confusing Bam Adebayo with a finished product. He only turned 23 in July.

And he’s hardly the only guy you listed, but you already know this that’s why you only mentioned him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he’s hardly the only guy you listed, but you already know this that’s why you only mentioned him

I mentioned several players that have a "chance" to become stars.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mentioned several players that have a "chance" to become stars.

We have a very different definition of the term “Star”

lebron is a star. A star drives ticket sales and rating a star to me is someone that can be the best or second best player on a championship team. That’s a star to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lebron is a star. A star drives ticket sales and rating a star to me is someone that can be the best or second best player on a championship team. That’s a star to me.

WTF? LeBron is a once in a generation superstar, best player of all time candidate.

if LeBron is the definition of a Star, literally almost no one else is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF? LeBron is a once in a generation superstar, best player of all time candidate.

if LeBron is the definition of a Star, literally almost no one else is.

Everybody can’t be stars- Charles Barkley.

I just gave you what I thought was a star so you can read that and come up with a list of guys in your head right? Or you need me to do it

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captain come save me

so you’re just going to act like a little bitch when someone points out how you misconstrued another’s argument? Guess better that than you’re ridiculous notion that Ibaka has always been a Center or that LeBron is the definition of a Star.

Jesus man... sometimes it’s okay to just admit you’re wrong.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so you’re just going to act like a little bitch when someone points out how you misconstrued another’s argument? Guess better that than you’re ridiculous notion that Ibaka has always been a Center or that LeBron is the definition of a Star.

Jesus man... sometimes it’s okay to just admit you’re wrong.

whoa looks like someone’s sensitive.

no ones acting like a bitch Captain. I didn’t do anything to anyone’s argument. It was a bunch of these guys have a chance to be stars and I looked at that list and said they have a chance to be good but I don’t really see any stars

now if that’s hard for you I apologize

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody can’t be stars- Charles Barkley.

I just gave you what I thought was a star so you can read that and come up with a list of guys in your head right? Or you need me to do it

dude... based on with your handle on basic facts in the NBA and propensity to change others arguments to suit your own, there’s no reason to keep talking with you about this... or pretty much anything.

get back to me when you start living on this planet and stop being a baby who needs to change other arguments to boost your own ridiculous ones.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dude... based on with your handle on basic facts in the NBA and propensity to change others arguments to suit your own, there’s no reason to keep talking with you about this... or pretty much anything.

get back to me when you start living on this planet and stop being a baby who needs to change other arguments to boost your own ridiculous ones.

Cap you have your coffee this morning?

maybe you should eat a snickers

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd call Lebron a superstar. He is a notch above most NBA stars.

When I say a player has a chance to be a star I simply mean that, no more no less.

One of the players mentioned you seemed to have a problem with is Bam Adebayo and he was a 2020 NBA All-Star.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

JC, this is about basketball! Why do you have to sink this low?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Uh oh, Vassell’s new shooting form is less than ideal:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd call Lebron a superstar. He is a notch above most NBA stars.

When I say a player has a chance to be a star I simply mean that, no more no less.

One of the players mentioned you seemed to have a problem with is Bam Adebayo and he was a 2020 NBA All-Star.

I gave my thoughts on what a star is. Ok I’ll give you Bam and that’s 1 name out of the how many you listed

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh oh, Vassell’s new shooting form is less than ideal:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

who gets in these guys ears and tells them to mess with there shot. I don’t remember this happening back in the day

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Oh you’re not being genuine if you don’t think Bam has the ability to be that someday.