WK 6 Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 10/12/20-10/18/20

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i felt compelled to point out the back up qb c
3 are grounding on Murray. 3 are on Pugh. 2 for Beachum.

3 are delay of game which aren't attributed but should be on Murray really.

the groundings are killer -- yardage AND loss of down

and 2 of those were kinda of unforced

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 are grounding on Murray. 3 are on Pugh. 2 for Beachum.

3 are delay of game which aren't attributed but should be on Murray really.

I want to say that 2 of those delay is the games are on KK for subbing late, which allows the defense to match and led to the play clock running out. I know we’ve done that 3 times this year and for sure wasted a time-out once in that situation.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need to control running game. Keep Dalton average and get a turnover or two. Offensively if Drake runs sideways at start of the game, replace with Chase until he gets the hint. O line needs to provide time for K1, and take some deep shots early to open the middle. Also get Murray going on early designed runs. I think this will be a shootout. Hopefully our defense can make more stops than theirs

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I was happy to see the Cards end their listless slide vs. the Jets (the perfect team to get right with) and was happy to see energy and fun from the defense and special teams (Gardeck is the spark). Will the team use this as a springboard or will they revert to the previous two weeks? The schedule over the next 6 weeks is very tough and this team needs to continue improve and commit to fundamental football (especially on defense). Kyler Murray continues make head scratching decisions passing and has been a turnover machine this season. He still needs to settle down and make better reads. The Good news is Dallas's defense is trash and Kyler has another opportunity to gain more confidence. We should not assume the Red Rocket is a gimme’, he can still sling the rock all over the field and Dallas has a lot of weapons on that side of the ball. The way to beat him is to pressure and hit him often and force him into bad decisions and that just became a lot harder with the loss of the most key part of our defense, Chandler Jones. I don't see this game vs. Dallas being any different than other Dallas games this year. It will be a high scoring affair that comes down to the last minute/last possession. I feel either team can win this game. The only thing I am basing my decision on is how the Cardinals have performed against this squad the past 10-12 years. Cards win 32-28.

EDIT: I fogot to add K2 needs to only call 1 cut runs for KD. No more east/west crap.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no confidence we win this game. Actually believe we could be trounced. We can't cover bad receivers.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Always wondered what K1's stats would be like playing the 2019 Cardinals defense. I guess this is the week we find out. Just for comparison our defense was giving up 28.5 ppg at this time last year compared to Dallas @ 36 ppg right now.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Stop the run!!! The Cards D will have to have their chinstraps buckled against Elliott. Pass D & pass rush must step up defensively. Kyler must know where Jaylon Smith is when running & have his chinstrap buckled as well

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we get steamrolled this weekend. Our D, especially without Chandler is going to get exposed with weapons all over the place, even with the Red Rifle shooting blanks for the most part

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think we get steamrolled this weekend. Our D, especially without Chandler is going to get exposed with weapons all over the place, even with the Red Rifle shooting blanks for the most part
Dallas defense sucks. We win by at least 10.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas defense sucks. We win by at least 10.

The only two times we even played AVERAGE offenses, we gave up an average of 29 ppg. Going On the road... without CJ, against a high powered offense? I hope you’re right, but I think you’re dreaming.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy to see the Cards end their listless slide vs. the Jets (the perfect team to get right with) and was happy to see energy and fun from the defense and special teams (Gardeck is the spark). Will the team use this as a springboard or will they revert to the previous two weeks? The schedule over the next 6 weeks is very tough and this team needs to continue improve and commit to fundamental football (especially on defense). Kyler Murray continues make head scratching decisions passing and has been a turnover machine this season. He still needs to settle down and make better reads. The Good news is Dallas's defense is trash and Kyler has another opportunity to gain more confidence. We should not assume the Red Rocket is a gimme’, he can still sling the rock all over the field and Dallas has a lot of weapons on that side of the ball. The way to beat him is to pressure and hit him often and force him into bad decisions and that just became a lot harder with the loss of the most key part of our defense, Chandler Jones. I don't see this game vs. Dallas being any different than other Dallas games this year. It will be a high scoring affair that comes down to the last minute/last possession. I feel either team can win this game. The only thing I am basing my decision on is how the Cardinals have performed against this squad the past 10-12 years. Cards win 32-28.

EDIT: I fogot to add K2 needs to only call 1 cut runs for KD. No more east/west crap.

This is our easiest game for 6 weeks. If we don't beat Dallas it could get ugly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BRR Sees headline Dak is hurt "I like our chances!"

BRR sees backup is former starter andy dalton "Crap!"

We handles Flacco okay but I am always scared of capable backups with this team. PTSD.

Dalton is much better than Flacco. I think Dalton is under rated. He had some bad Bengals teams with alful defense and an often injured AJ Green in recent years. You're not going to win a SB with him unless your teams has an elite defense but he's a similar level to Bridgewater, Foles and Jimmy G in my opinion.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

To be fair it's hard to hit the QB when the balls already thrown for a screen.

Our pass pro has been pretty good, but I think these stats are as much a part of Kylers running (that more often than normal causes the D line to just contain) and the quick pass game.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson: We have to force Andy Dalton to beat us

“Stop the run,” Peterson said. “Definitely gotta stop the run and force — not saying he can’t do it — but we have to force Andy Dalton to beat us. We feel if you take the ball out of Ezekiel Elliott’s hands, there’s more opportunities for bad things to happen if the ball is in the air.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

“Stop the run,” Peterson said. “Definitely gotta stop the run and force — not saying he can’t do it — but we have to force Andy Dalton to beat us. We feel if you take the ball out of Ezekiel Elliott’s hands, there’s more opportunities for bad things to happen if the ball is in the air.”

P2 after Cooper puts 100+ yards and 2 TD's on him

You must be registered for see images attach

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be fair it's hard to hit the QB when the balls already thrown for a screen.

Our pass pro has been pretty good, but I think these stats are as much a part of Kylers running (that more often than normal causes the D line to just contain) and the quick pass game.

Why can’t you give the line credit? Even if Kyler saves 2-4 hits a game with his feet, we’re still in the top half of the league for QB hits. The line in pass pro has played very well with our weak link being our RG.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why can’t you give the line credit? Even if Kyler saves 2-4 hits a game with his feet, we’re still in the top half of the league for QB hits. The line in pass pro has played very well with our weak link being our RG.

I did give them credit, I said they have been pretty good. It's right there.

If you like I can pretend there aren't other contributing factors?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I did give them credit, I said they have been pretty good. It's right there.

If you like I can pretend there aren't other contributing factors?

If that’s the case, then why does Lamar Jackson get hit every 5.5 pass attempts while averaging 7.0 YPA vs Kyler at 13.9 at 7.2 YPA? Lamar is a better runner and has a better Oline with arguably the best LT in the NFL. Our line is playing great and these are the stats to prove it. 11 most passes per game and the second fewest QB hits allowed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Coming from PP this is funny. Means tackling in run support. Also this: we have one interception this season. What “bad things” is he referencing exactly? Not much when it comes to our defense.