Offensive Performance

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cowboys putting up points = empty calories.

The game is already out of hand when they start scoring.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The league is scoring points are a record rate. Even losers like the Cowboys are averting nearly 32 points a game. The Cards with their supposed innovative, high-scoring offense are averaging less than 25 points per game. I’m concerned.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/11/sports/football/nfl-scores-high-points.html
All teams in the top 10 have QBs who are in their 3rd year or greater.

Bengals are the only team with a QB more inexperienced than Murray and a better PPG.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think it's the scheme. It's the execution. We're missing a lot of plays and leaving points on the field. Running and passing. Got to clean it up, especially Kyler.

Kliff cant create a proper gameplan if his life depended on it unfortunately.

Thats the biggest problem

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff cant create a proper gameplan if his life depended on it unfortunately.

Thats the biggest problem
Really disagree with this and a lot in this thread. I think people are seeing what they want to see. It is a QB's responsibility to make the most of the opportunities they play call gives them. The plays being called are giving Kyler options and also taking into account the quality of our offensive line. I see guys running open every week. I see passes being missed every week. No matter the play call, if Kyler isn't reading the defense and delivering the ball, our offense can't be at it's best. Could Kliff be better...yes. But Kyler has significantly more room to improve.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Really disagree with this and a lot in this thread. I think people are seeing what they want to see. It is a QB's responsibility to make the most of the opportunities they play call gives them. The plays being called are giving Kyler options and also taking into account the quality of our offensive line. I see guys running open every week. I see passes being missed every week. No matter the play call, if Kyler isn't reading the defense and delivering the ball, our offense can't be at it's best. Could Kliff be better...yes. But Kyler has significantly more room to improve.

I think fans always want to blame the coach because it’s easier to swallow than realizing your favorite player isn’t as good as you thought.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On the 1st drive he went for a back foot floater to Kirk that was nearly an INT instead of the easy pass to Fitz for the 1st down. If that doesn't sum up the current issues I don't know what does.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
dare I say Chopper is growing on me? im still figuring out the characters here

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His plays are actually pretty good. WRs often open, many options.

Me personally

Play calling and play design are two completely different types of coaching strengths.

Kliff is a very good play designer, I wont deny that.

His issue that he is unable to create a scheme that gets his team comfortable for 10-15 drives.

Watch Joe Brady (Carolina Panthers OC)

what the plays he calls. He is always calling plays to his qb and wrs strength.

Nothing fancy, just smart personnel based playcalling over the stint of an entire game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Me personally

Play calling and play design are two completely different types of coaching strengths.

Kliff is a very good play designer, I wont deny that.

His issue that he is unable to create a scheme that gets his team comfortable for 10-15 drives.

Watch Joe Brady (Carolina Panthers OC)

what the plays he calls. He is always calling plays to his qb and wrs strength.

Nothing fancy, just smart personnel based playcalling over the stint of an entire game.
He has a veteran QB. That means he has someone to execute the play and get out of it if the defense is not optimal. Kliff doesn't have that.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He has a veteran QB. That means he has someone to execute the play and get out of it if the defense is not optimal. Kliff doesn't have that.

To be fair, I thought that this would be Kliffs strong point. Its actually a deficiency

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We played like an NFL offense today. No more college level bullcrap.

I feel like the offense grew a lot together today and Kyler is going to get better and better if they keep playing today's style of football.

The constant calls for throws behind the line of scrimmage has stunted his growth

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah!

They were crap at recruiting top rated defenders, and in case this passed you bye, he wasn't a 'D" coordinator.

There is no excuse when you have Patrick Mahomes as your qb and you can only muster a 8 win season.

I think Kliff is great at lot of things, but he has to improve on a lot of things too.