Coyotes off season news thread. 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We're losing all of our skill guys and replacing them with lunch-pail guys. Looks like scoring is going to be even more scarce for us next season...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're losing all of our skill guys and replacing them with lunch-pail guys. Looks like scoring is going to be even more scarce for us next season...
We need those gritty players. Didn't do us any good last year with "our skill guys." It'll be tough for a year or two with the mess Chayka left behind though. Build the belly of the team and create an identity.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
how do the yotes let hall walk if he was willing to take a 1 year 8 mil deal? if they were so interested in re-signing him, as they say, why wouldn't they sign him to a 1 year deal and try to get an extension during that timeframe?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do the yotes let hall walk if he was willing to take a 1 year 8 mil deal? if they were so interested in re-signing him, as they say, why wouldn't they sign him to a 1 year deal and try to get an extension during that timeframe?

I think it would have been a tall order to sign Hall even if there wasn't a pandemic, our GM didn't crap the bed, and we didn't get embarrassed in the real first round of the playoffs that we lucked into.

Lots of money tied up and drastic changes would have been required. At this point I think Armstrong explained to Meruelo that we just need to rip the band aid off and make an honest go at a (hopefully quick) rebuild and not to try the piecemeal approach. This will also put Tocc's coaching under the microscope and they can really start to build this team according to the owner and GM's vision.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Great move. Keep it coming. I'm sick of transplant hockey fans that only support Chicago, Detroit, Avs, etc., give me some homegrown Coyote hockey fans! I even know how to say goal in Spanish!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave