Remember This Barn Burner? Jets/ Cards 2012

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sweet lord. This was before I was a Cards fan (or football fan).

Only 5 1st downs for the Cards? Jets had 4 turnovers and still won. Wow and yuck.

The defense was told to let the Jets score so that the Cardinals could get the ball back with more time. Dockett didn't want to do that.

That was a ROUGH game. The Cardinals defense was so good, but the offense was just AWFUL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense was told to let the Jets score so that the Cardinals could get the ball back with more time. Dockett didn't want to do that.

That was a ROUGH game. The Cardinals defense was so good, but the offense was just AWFUL.

Yeah the 5 1st downs and 6 points gave it away :)

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Our leading rusher that day was a safety.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I was at that one. As soon as Sanchez left the game & McElroy came in, I knew we'd let up a TD on his 1st drive and that would be a killer cuz we couldn't even get 1st downs, forget about scoring. Lindley remains the worst QB I've ever seen try and play NFL football.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hell, you guys are forgetting one of the worst losses of all time, let alone the damn Jets. Lose this Sunday, and this one will be neck and neck for the newest worst loss. Who remembers where they were on the day this game was played? I do. I was at Howard University's homecoming with two of my best friends. One a Cowboys fan the other an eagles fan. We went to a sports bar and they got to watch their games on huge TV's in the main area. I was relegated to a tiny TV by the kitchen. The only idiot watching Cards/Jets. Talk about a low point.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199610270crd.htm

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I didnt think Skelton was that bad. He was 1000 times better then anyone in that list.

Kevin Kolb I believe was the Cards biggest bust ever at QB.

When I reflect on Skelton's time here I don't have negative memories. He wasn't good or great, he was okay.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, you guys are forgetting one of the worst losses of all time, let alone the damn Jets. Lose this Sunday, and this one will be neck and neck for the newest worst loss. Who remembers where they were on the day this game was played? I do. I was at Howard University's homecoming with two of my best friends. One a Cowboys fan the other an eagles fan. We went to a sports bar and they got to watch their games on huge TV's in the main area. I was relegated to a tiny TV by the kitchen. The only idiot watching Cards/Jets. Talk about a low point.

Was there in person for that one, of course. The Jets RB Adrian Murrell stepped on Seth Joyner when the pile was breaking up and Seth took offense and shoved him. Seth ended up getting a penalty for that and another for bumping an official while arguing about the first penalty he received. He then spiked his helmet and bounced it higher than I've ever seen a helmet "bounce." Not sure if that was his reaction to being ejected or what caused his ejection. I think he even kicked an endzone pylon on his way off the field. It was a horrible penalty that changed the game. IIRC, we had literally just stopped them on 3rd down and should have been getting the ball back trailing 10-0, but with the penalties and ejection we were down one of our top players and the drive was extended and resulted in a TD to make it 17-0. So frustrating to watch from the stands that day.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was there in person for that one, of course. The Jets RB Adrian Murrell stepped on Seth Joyner when the pile was breaking up and Seth took offense and shoved him. Seth ended up getting a penalty for that and another for bumping an official while arguing about the first penalty he received. He then spiked his helmet and bounced it higher than I've ever seen a helmet "bounce." Not sure if that was his reaction to being ejected or what caused his ejection. I think he even kicked an endzone pylon on his way off the field. It was a horrible penalty that changed the game. IIRC, we had literally just stopped them on 3rd down and should have been getting the ball back trailing 10-0, but with the penalties and ejection we were down one of our top players and the drive was extended and resulted in a TD to make it 17-0. So frustrating to watch from the stands that day.

Aw BIM, the Seth ejection. Absolutely horrible.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We were there as well. Man that was a tough one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

They also gave up like an 80 yard run to Murrell.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oddly the thing I remember from that was being amazed at how fast Simeon Rice was. IIRC it was a long run by Murrell, I don't think Adrian scored but I remember being amazed that Rice ran almost stride for stride with him for like 60 yards trying to catch him

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When I reflect on Skelton's time here I don't have negative memories. He wasn't good or great, he was okay.
He had an arm on him. Exceptionally inaccurate but he could throw a rocket

kinda like Derek Anderson but less controversial