Is it too late to send Kliff Kingsbury back to college?

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who does this man think he is? We run a horizontal college offense with the slowest WR corps in the league Lol.

Im sorry to say this but its clear we dont have the right players for his system and he and Keim needs to go.

OP
OP
C

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We lost something special when Bruce Arians left.

I'd rather watch Kyler Murray throw 50 yard bombs every play instead of this spineless high school offense we run.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He'll be here next year, that's just the Bidwil way and so will Keim. Could be another long few years if someone doesn't learn something fast

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff said this so I am a little worried

You must be registered for see images attach
This is what it sounds like when a HC is trying not to throw his young QB under the bus. When your QB can't complete intermediate passes, you go to short or deep. If your line is struggling to block, that leaves short passes.

If you were to ask me, Kliff needs to stop trying to get Kyler into a rhythm and just call his gameplan to attack the other team. That is the reason for the slow starts. If Kyler struggles, that has to be on him. Kyler will see this same type of defense until he is able to be successful against it, that is how the NFL works.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what it sounds like when a HC is trying not to throw his young QB under the bus. When your QB can't complete intermediate passes, you go to short or deep. If your line is struggling to block, that leaves short passes.

If you were to ask me, Kliff needs to stop trying to get Kyler into a rhythm and just call his gameplan to attack the other team. That is the reason for the slow starts. If Kyler struggles, that has to be on him. Kyler will see this same type of defense until he is able to be successful against it, that is how the NFL works.
Gotta stop with these cop out posts. QBs miss reads/passes all the time.

However, some of the counters by the coach flat out sucks as @BritCard pointed out.

Kliff has no feel for when to call a screen pass. As of now no feel on moving the pocket. Even mediocre OC's know when to roll out a QB/giving them half field reads to get some completions. Andy Reid even resorted to it last night for Mahomes a couple times.

The issue is yes the QB isnt good at intermediate. The high quality play callers know how to work around their QB issues.

As of now Kliff's counter is to throw swing passes and hope Kyler takes off running.

He's just as accountable as the QB. Because he not an NFL lifer. He's not McVay or Shannahan who know who to consistently move the pocket and scheme guys open that way.

So his non answer is correct. He doesnt know. He's learning on the job as well.

Kliff has a lot of upside as a play caller. But he sucked. He owned it. Let him and hope things get better.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Nah, Kyler missed some throws but Kliff is unable to call a consistent rhythm based game.

Its always 1 step forward 2 steps backward in his playcalling.

He cant call plays that consistently raise the confidence of the offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gotta stop with these cop out posts. QBs miss reads/passes all the time.

However, some of the counters by the coach flat out sucks as @BritCard pointed out.

Kliff has no feel for when to call a screen pass. As of now no feel on moving the pocket. Even mediocre OC's know when to roll out a QB/giving them half field reads to get some completions. Andy Reid even resorted to it last night for Mahomes a couple times.

The issue is yes the QB isnt good at intermediate. The high quality play callers know how to work around their QB issues.

As of now Kliff's counter is to throw swing passes and hope Kyler takes off running.

He's just as accountable as the QB. Because he not an NFL lifer. He's not McVay or Shannahan who know who to consistently move the pocket and scheme guys open that way.

So his non answer is correct. He doesnt know. He's learning on the job as well.

Kliff has a lot of upside as a play caller. But he sucked. He owned it. Let him and hope things get better.
I agree on the screen plays. In regards to Kliff trying to navigate around Kyler's inconsistency with intermediate throws...I believe that is a trickier problem to work around than I feel you are stating. That said, he is learning (or should be). I will reiterate that if Kyler was playing better, people wouldn't be panicking about the offense.

Defensively, I believe it is 100% on the DC.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree on the screen plays. In regards to Kliff trying to navigate around Kyler's inconsistency with intermediate throws...I believe that is a trickier problem to work around than I feel you are stating. That said, he is learning (or should be). I will reiterate that if Kyler was playing better, people wouldn't be panicking about the offense.

Defensively, I believe it is 100% on the DC.
Obviously. However, as of now its Kyler's on or not offense. That shouldnt be the case. Multidimensional offenses know ways around it.

The Patriots for 20 years change offenses from week to week based on the defense they are facing.

If its clear he struggling the counter cant always be swing passes.

Run the ball from under center and start play action passing. We have seen a couple times that being used in our offense.

Manufacturing offense. Kliff is still learning that. In college Kyler hits one deep pass for a TD and breaks a long run a TD. So you could still stay with the same offense (for the most part) even if he's crap in between.

NFL is about adjustments.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replace bubble screens with planned roll out/ moving pocket . That alone would be an improvement. Stop the no huddle on every drive. Put Kyler under center 33% of the time. Just those three changes will have your opposition adjusting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose