Simmons is a secret weapon and other Urban stuff

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK he didn't say that but he did point out Simmons played 10 snaps at LB and lined up for 2 at S. On both of his plays at safety, the Panthers false started, and then Simmons went off the field. So he caused 2 false starts (-:

In case people missed it on the play where we lined up with 12 on the field and got a penalty, the next snap was a TD, we only had TEN on the field. So from too many to not enough on the same play.

He said something about the 10am start seemed to bother guys but then pointed out they've been practicing early for weeks

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
OK he didn't say that but he did point out Simmons played 10 snaps at LB and lined up for 2 at S. On both of his plays at safety, the Panthers false started, and then Simmons went off the field. So he caused 2 false starts (-:

In case people missed it on the play where we lined up with 12 on the field and got a penalty, the next snap was a TD, we only had TEN on the field. So from too many to not enough on the same play.

He said something about the 10am start seemed to bother guys but then pointed out they've been practicing early for weeks

You have teams like the Seahawks who wear early East Coast starts as a badge of honor...They relish in it. DK Metcalf said that when they go in, well prepared in those games, it actually catches the other teams off guard, because they are expecting Seattle to be lagging in energy from the time difference and travel.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Don’t confuse me with facts.

It would be hilarious, though...Hey fans, next week we've got the Patriots coming to town and we've moved kickoff up to 10am...yes, that's 10am local time. We're gonna catch them napping...lol

Soon, though, there may be a precedent, from college, at least...ASU at USC is kicking off at 9am PST in November. That should be crazy...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It's on Vance that Simmons isnt out there as Keim alluded to a couple of weeks ago. He's not gonna learn from the bench.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It could be on Simmons as well.

Some of this could be on Simmons. I think most is on Vance. If someone makes a mistake I would rather have Simmons out there playing than a 5th string dude. Everyone on that defense made mistakes last two games. Let the guy go play, and learn.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By all accounts Simmons is like a football genius. He knew the entire defense at Clemson

I 100% blame VJ.

He played in the exact same scheme all the years at Clemson. Now he is in a different scheme, with different terminology that is more complex than what he dealt with at Clemson. I think it is possible he might be having an issue with it.

Not trying to offer excuse for VJ just trying too objective about it. I don't want another Hassan Reddick thing happening.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He played in the exact same scheme all the years at Clemson. Now he is in a different scheme, with different terminology that is more complex than what he dealt with at Clemson. I think it is possible he might be having an issue with it.

Not trying to offer excuse for VJ just trying too objective about it. I don't want another Hassan Reddick thing happening.
If Keim and Vance and Kliff hadn't spent the entire offseason talking about how he wowed them on the whiteboard this might be worth something.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It could be on Simmons as well.
I think Joseph’s history says otherwise. You do realize that it’s most likely that Vance was the guy who decide Riley was the best to start at safety yesterday right? That was a brilliant move ugh

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I think Joseph’s history says otherwise. You do realize that it’s most likely that Vance was the guy who decide Riley was the best to start at safety yesterday right? That was a brilliant move ugh

Yeah you can't tell me that Simmons isn't more talented than Riley.

Vance showing his coaching acumen which is unimpressive.