I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...Kyler has been bad throwing the ball these past two games, and been merely ok for the entire season. Plenty of examples and it really isn't debatable.

For those who want to blame Kliff's lateral attack...if you have a QB who is struggling to hit intermediate throws, lateral throws to open up that middle of the field is a way to keep on schedule. Kliff didn't call "overthrow a wide open Fitz" or "overthrow Isabella streaking down the sideline". Despite what some on this board think, the QB dictates where the ball goes and the overall success of the play. We run more than one person routes and those other guys tend to run down the field more.
Yep

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will re-watch it. Looked like he did not put enough arc on it so Isabella could run under it to me. Like I said...I will check it out again.
Isabella starts running into the ground for some imperceptible reason. He keeps his stride he likely catches it and takes it to the house. Didn’t think so at first, but replay confirmed that for me. Commentators agreed that he needs to catch that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much more responsibility on kyler than Russ. Russ had great run game and great defense.

The other thing is again Wilson played a TON more football in college than Kyler did. There's a bunch of data about QB's in college and how much they play, guys like Kyler are very much outliers in terms of how little he actually played.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isabella starts running into the ground for some imperceptible reason. He keeps his stride he likely catches it and takes it to the house. Didn’t think so at first, but replay confirmed that for me. Commentators agreed that he needs to catch that.
He does but he lost his footing... seen many a stud wrs lose footing on good throws it happenS. (Not saying he’s a stud)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
ya no... you should probably rewatch your QB the last 2 games
I have no idea what a 'ya no' is but I must admit it's been a while since I have seen an episode of "Mork and Mindy". Now, if your post had legitimacy, you would have surely not waited, posting your observation after the Washington win because a QB which is not that good will look not that good from the get go. My QB by the way, not yours you say... that's interesting

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The other thing is again Wilson played a TON more football in college than Kyler did. There's a bunch of data about QB's in college and how much they play, guys like Kyler are very much outliers in terms of how little he actually played.
It’s honestly completely unfair to both guys to make this comparison because theyre little.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have no idea what a 'ya no' is but I must admit it's been a while since I have seen an episode of "Mork and Mindy". Now, if your post had legitimacy, you would have surely not waited, posting your observation after the Washington win because a QB which is not that good will look not that good from the get go. My QB by the way, not yours you say... that's interesting

I don’t understand why you’d point to the Washington game. 7.53 YPA with 1 TD and 1 INT against a team that’s 1-3 and only beaten an execrable Philly team?

Tough signature win.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol keep the Rose colored glasses on bro you’re in a clear minority

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That one to Andy was a perfect throw IMO, Andy lost his footing when he tried to track the ball in the air and then dropped it. The ball was right where Andy would have been if he hadn't lost that step.

The one to Fitz was a bad throw for sure

That might’ve been the worst display of ball skills I’ve seen by an NFL receiver. He tripped looking for the ball and mistimed his reach.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you’d point to the Washington game. 7.53 YPA with 1 TD and 1 INT against a team that’s 1-3 and only beaten an execrable Philly team?

Tough signature win.
He put up over 350 yards total yards, 3 total tds

He posted a 89 Total QBR and we know that int wasnt his fault. He played very well that game.

That WFT defense hasnt been the same since losing Chase Younga and its QB constantly having 3 and outs. No need for revisionist history.
I think plays like that happen practice. You mentioned before about Kyler's lack of trust in Andy being an issue. Maybe why he didnt think to go to him in crunch time last week.

Yea there is a lot of piling on, but I guess it makes sense since the hype was an all time high after two weeks.

There are two ways of looking at it.

Accept he's an average passer. Scale back the shotgun and have more under center stuff to get a more consistent running game. Thus setting up a REAL play action/screen passes.

Or

This first 4 weeks were essentially the preseason we missed out on. Its a rhythm offense that didnt get the reps to find it (although no real excuse considering rookies are playing vey well..)

Just keep at it and hope by midseason he finds his groove. Similar to last year.

Time will tell.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Tough signature win.
The signature on this thread's verdict is to decide bad and not great though :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s honestly time to look at moving on at QB at this point.

Wait. Are we at a point where I'm the one defending Kyler Murray? I guess we are.

Guys, let's settle the **** down. This is a second year QB on his 4th game of an unprecedented year, with little preparation. I don't think he's the greatest, most transcendent QB in history, but too many people are adjusted to the 2nd year hype. Yeah, Mahomes won a Super Bowl his 2nd year. Wilson his 2nd year. They're wildly different QBs, not an NFL standard.

Murray's got an amazing arm and some dynamic legs. It's going to take some time. Let's all settle down and let him grow.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That might’ve been the worst display of ball skills I’ve seen by an NFL receiver. He tripped looking for the ball and mistimed his reach.
I’ve seen HOF WRs lose there footing while tracking a ball..... lol it happens... still shoulda caught it though

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think KK is good playcaller. I think KM is rough around the edges. Makes both look worse than maybe they would on their own.
1. KK needs a QB who covers for line play with the ability to throw on the run (Mahomes/Manziel). He'd rather go more 10 personnel.

2. Kyler is a better in a more dominant running attack that is more 12 personnel.

Thus the inconsistency.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on him yet but we should of signed Chase Daniel that guy is exactly what this offense needs he will hit open guys, he is a gunslinger and a winner. I have no earthly idea why no one has made him a starter yet but if we signed him and started him he'd be the guy to run this kind of offense.

But what do I know? I'm not a professional.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2nd round pick!
Low catch radius. On one hand it could have been a better throw.

On the other hand D.K Metcalf probably catches that in stride and runs to the endzone.

I actually really like Andy. In an ideal world he's who we take at the top of the 4th round instead of Butler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on him yet but we should of signed Chase Daniel that guy is exactly what this offense needs he will hit open guys, he is a gunslinger and a winner. I have no earthly idea why no one has made him a starter yet but if we signed him and started him he'd be the guy to run this kind of offense.
This is both a really bad post and a really good post.

On one hand WTF. No Chase wouldnt be brought in to start.

On the other hand Chase experience in this kind of offense would be good to have as a backup for Kyler. Not sure what Kyler's learning from Hundley or Strev.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is ready to stick a fork in Kyler, but he hasn’t taken the necessary step up from his rookie season. He’s still not looking off of his primary receiver, he’s not seeing the field and his throws are off balanced. Even Gardner Mishew has improved from his rookie season.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This is both a really bad post and a really good post.

On one hand WTF. No Chase wouldnt be brought in to start.

On the other hand Chase experience in this kind of offense would be good to have as a backup for Kyler. Not sure what Kyler's learning from Hundley or Strev.

Well it looks like Chase will never start anywhere but he should have, the knock on him is that he's short but he's taller than Kyler. Anyhow yes as a backup he's miles better than what we have.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is ready to stick a fork in Kyler, but he hasn’t taken the necessary step up from his rookie season. He’s still not looking off of his primary receiver, he’s not seeing the field and his throws are off balanced. Even Gardner Mishew has improved from his rookie season.
Exactly