We have 3 super shiny “new” toys

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they just aren’t very shiny....

Looking at you Coach, Kyler and the newest one Simmons.....

This is pathetic.... Against two teams in a row that are considered middle to bottom end rosters..

So disheartening.....

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very shamefull, very disheartening and very bad overall.

This team doesn't play football this team loses football.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Kyler needs to actually learn the pro game, I keep hearing about his skill set and we see flashes here and there but if ya can't be consistent then what's the point of having all these "skills"? For 2 years we've heard about his accuracy and as accurate as he can be he is just as bad being inaccurate. Dude needs to be coached by an NFL coach, KK is not that

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We still can’t Simmons in the game in garbage time. I don’t get it. Either he makes a mistake or our 6th string DB makes one, what’s the difference

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This game was on Vance Joseph and the defense. Simmons not playing is a joke. They have a bunch of scrubs manning the safety position. Simmons is supposed to be an athletic freak with a nose for the ball yet he barely sniffs the field.
Kyler missed some throws but he wasn’t horrible. He had 3tds.
The defense couldn’t make stops when needed

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
This game was on Vance Joseph and the defense. Simmons not playing is a joke. They have a bunch of scrubs manning the safety position. Simmons is supposed to be an athletic freak with a nose for the ball yet he barely sniffs the field.

The 3 tds mean little if the QB can’t manage the game and the field. The biggest stat is the “L”

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

The 3 tds mean little if the QB can’t manage the game and the field. The biggest stat is the “L”

Maybe Simmons is just an athletic freak but not a good football player.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Maybe Simmons is just an athletic freak but not a good football player.

I think people are forgetting how awful our QB play has been since Warner retired.
Kyler still has a lot to learn but the QB play if far from our biggest issues. I was even one of the dark siders about drafting a QB #1 after we just had used a pick on Rosen.
However, in years past, the QB play would always put a knot in my stomach because you just never had confidence in who was back there. With Kyler, there is always that chance that something big will happen on any play. Especially in the red zone, we seem to punch in TD rather than FG, which was usually our standard operating procedure. Someone might check the stats but I have to think our Red zone TD numbers are pretty good.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here's something to think about, Texas Tech had 8 or more wins each season from 2002 thru 2011. Once Kingsbury took over there best win total was 8 in a single season with 4 losing seasons in 6 years with KK at the helm.

Matt Rhule took a Temple program that was 2-10 and turned them into a 10 win program in two years, then moved on to Baylor with a 1-11 record and turned them into a 11 win team in two years.

I see no reason not to believe Rhule will do similar things in Carolina while KK may never achieve similar success in AZ.

I think Bidwill and Keim drink the kool aid too easily when a slick used car salesman comes to town pitching his ideas to them. It would not surprise me if KK told them, get me Murray and you will see an offense for the ages.

I honestly thought that Keim getting away from the Arians influence would serve him well, but now I am beginning to believe that I was mistaken and Keim is just a plain ass bad GM.