I hate to say it but at this point Kyler just isn’t that good...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly think there's an internal struggle between Kingsbury and Murray. One wants to dink and dunk, the other wants toss the ball long. You notice that in throw into double coverage to KJ last game and then to AI in this one. Both on 3rd and manageable. I think QB isn't happy with coach.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he’s a “generational talent” as we’ve been told by so many and force fed down our throat. He should be able to overcome some coaching deficiencies if he is. Playcalling isn’t causing him to lock into WRs that are double covered and throwing to them while other WRs are running free for a sure TD. Or overthrows on easy Wide open routes over the middle. Etc...
You forgot “It’s really only his third year of playing football...”

SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think Murray might’ve had a chance at success in the NFL, but contrary to all the “Kliff & Kyler match made in heaven” B.S., I believe Kliff is completely wrong for Kyler.
Kliff went all-in on the crap hype about him “changing the game” with his “never seen before” offensive schemes... Meanwhile, the NFL wins again as it smashes Kliff & Kyler in the face with reality... If you can’t stand in the pocket and make accurate throws... If you can’t make the appropriate pre and post-snap reads, it doesn’t matter how “futuristic” you claim to be. In the NFL, you will get crushed... and this is where Kliff & Kyler now sit. Exposed... Crushed... Lost...
This franchise is no closer to be a competitive NFL team than they were when Wilks and Rosen were here... I want to puke now.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with that at all. This is a bad system for any QB. Kyler would do much better in a real NFL offense.

there is nothing about this comment based in any kind of reality.... sorry. But this is his college offense and was tailored for his “superstar skill set”

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
:notworthy:
I think Murray might’ve had a chance at success in the NFL, but contrary to all the “Kliff & Kyler match made in heaven” B.S., I believe Kliff is completely wrong for Kyler.
Kliff went all-in on the crap hype about him “changing the game” with his “never seen before” offensive schemes... Meanwhile, the NFL wins again as it smashes Kliff & Kyler in the face with reality... If you can’t stand in the pocket and make accurate throws... If you can’t make the appropriate pre and post-snap reads, it doesn’t matter how “futuristic” you claim to be. In the NFL, you will get crushed... and this is where Kliff & Kyler now sit. Exposed... Crushed... Lost...
This franchise is no closer to be a competitive NFL team than they were when Wilks and Rosen were here... I want to puke now.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:notworthy:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The commentators pointed out that when he misses touch passes they are almost always high. We have seen him lack vision for chunks of the field. That’s all tied back to field vision.

Is this him just missing reads as a young QB or is this really about the coaches not being able to coach him out of being 5’10”?

Either way I think it’s way too early to make conclusions or panic about a young 2nd year QB who didn’t have a pre-season.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I don't agree with that at all. This is a bad system for any QB. Kyler would do much better in a real NFL offense.
I don’t agree with this at all. Last year we were told Kyler was coaching the coach and all the vets. All of a sudden it’s not a good system for him? Not buying it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This belongs here:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He finished 24 / 31 for 133 yard and 3 TD.
5.5 YPC.

The scoring is good, but that is a seriously pedestrian passing attack.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish we would run more short slants with Isabella. Use his speed. It seems like the only time our WRs are open is when they are coming back to the ball and no real chance to get YAC

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Russell Wilson may have set the bar for how short you can be and still be an effective NFL QB. If Murray is lacking field vision like this next season, we may have seen the experiment fail. As much as I dislike Brady Quinn as an announcer, he hinted at this last week. Five foot 11 may be the lowest you can go without being at an insurmountable obstacle. And linemen ain’t getting any smaller

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last week it was Kyler, today it was play calling
Overall D wasn't good last and this week.

Kyler seems to be in the Sophomor slump... for now he didn't look great after 4 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose