Justin Murray signed a extension for two more years. 10/2/20

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Max $9m total.

Maybe they see him as Sweezy's replacement.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Max $9m total.

Maybe they see him as Sweezy's replacement.

My prediction is he becomes a starter at guard this week and for the rest of the season.

They tried him out in the game at guard last week, and I think it was because Sweezy was not getting the job done to their liking.

As versatile as Murray is, they aren't paying him 4.5 million just to be a backup - at least I hope not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My prediction is he becomes a starter at guard this week and for the rest of the season.

They tried him out in the game at guard last week, and I think it was because Sweezy was not getting the job done to their liking.

As versatile as Murray is, they aren't paying him 4.5 million just to be a backup - at least I hope not.

That kicks in next year. He's still vet min for now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That kicks in next year. He's still vet min for now.

Yeah, I know. Still think they resigned him now because they wanted to make sure they had continuity going forward before moving him to starter.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
No question he's a starting guard next year, and probably a replacement for Sweezey. You don't pay a league minimum salary free agent $9 million over 2 years to be a backup.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No question he's a starting guard next year, and probably a replacement for Sweezey. You don't pay a league minimum salary free agent $9 million over 2 years to be a backup.

It says MAX $9m contract which suggests it has a structure of incentives, likely playing time or start related.

Maybe they edged their bets. If he works out practicing as a guard this year and start then he gets $9m over 2 years. If not and he's backup tackle its something like $4m over 2 years. We will see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. Always nice to have continuity going forward.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sweezy is back at practice. Do you think he starts? Probably helps the run game, but at least to my eye Murray has been better in pass pro.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray didn’t practice today so I’m guessing J.R. is back this week. Perfect timing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
More to this point. I would hope our coaches look at our interior three and make an adjustment like the Saints did in getting guys who are strong enough to set the front of the pocket and move defensive players for those inside runs. With how teams are protecting the edges to try and keep Kyler contained, interior pressure will be a real problem with his height.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose