2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what Avery Johnson says about Obi Toppin.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some interesting video on Onyeka Okongwu. See link in tweet.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Here is some interesting video on Onyeka . See link in tweet.

You always look at those guys who would be top picks if they came back. If Bam played two years in college we could’ve been talking about the #1 pick. Everyone develops differently.

Okongwu is intriguing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You always look at those guys who would be top picks if they came back. If Bam played two years in college we could’ve been talking about the #1 pick. Everyone develops differently.

Okongwu is intriguing.

The Suns could do a lot with him. He could rotate at the 4/5. The Suns wouldn't necessarily need for him to be a starter right away.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Some nuggets about some of the prospects the Suns may be interested in as well as a nugget about the Suns themselves.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Some nuggets about some of the prospects the Suns may be interested in as well as a nugget about the Suns themselves.

If the Suns can get decent value for the #10 pick in terms of immediate help at one of their three needs, I am all for it. With cap space limited, though, I don't see how the Suns accomplish this without sacrificing the opportunity to fill one or both of their other needs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns should trade #10 for an asset they should try to get a pick in return even if it's a second round pick.

I'm interested in Myles Turner if the Suns could get it done. He is a 4/5 that can play and rotate with Ayton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am seeing logically that teams may be in financial distress. Makes sense to fill with cheaper rookies, than expensive proven vets, unless you are a playoff team. I think teams like PHX will keep the pick. Just my gut feeling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on the NBA Draft Combine from RealGM:

NBA Draft Combine 2020 will give players the opportunity to participate in league and team interviews, both conducted via videoconference from Sept. 28 through Oct. 16. Players will also take part in an individual on-court program consisting of strength and agility testing, anthropometric measurements, shooting drills and a “Pro Day” video, all conducted in October at the NBA team facility nearest to a player’s home or interim residence. Medical testing and examinations will be performed by NBA-affiliated physicians in the same market.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...aft-Combine-From-Sept-28-Through-Mid-November

JerkFace

Reaction score
More on the NBA Draft Combine from RealGM:

NBA Draft Combine 2020 will give players the opportunity to participate in league and team interviews, both conducted via videoconference from Sept. 28 through Oct. 16. Players will also take part in an individual on-court program consisting of strength and agility testing, anthropometric measurements, shooting drills and a “Pro Day” video, all conducted in October at the NBA team facility nearest to a player’s home or interim residence. Medical testing and examinations will be performed by NBA-affiliated physicians in the same market.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...aft-Combine-From-Sept-28-Through-Mid-November
I’m still waiting to see/hear if the official measurements and testing will be made public or just circulated among the teams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting to see/hear if the official measurements and testing will be made public or just circulated among the teams.

I don't see a reason to keep the measurements a under wraps as the information will be available for the teams to see. It might be a question of whether they get it out to the media in some orderly fashion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Schmitz takes a look at Devin Vassell, Aleksej Pokusevski and Tyrese Maxey.

I must say I always look twice at Kentucky players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tyrese Maxey can play point guard it makes him more interesting as a prospect.

Also more good stuff on Devin Vassell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this earlier today:

Thanks. That's a jump for sure. I may have to watch some video on him.

First thought. He resembles Trae Young in appearance.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@offset

So this kid breaks the record for basketball IQ test and plays a lot like Trae Young.

Don't tell 1Sun. It's our little secret. :wink2:

Thanks for the heads up Gator.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
@offset

So this kid breaks the record for basketball IQ test and plays a lot like Trae Young.

Don't tell 1Sun. It's our little secret. :wink2:

Thanks for the heads up Gator.

He plays nothing at all like Trae Young. He is a nice college player who actually more closely resembles Mario Chalmers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He plays nothing at all like Trae Young. He is a nice college player who actually more closely resembles Mario Chalmers.

I'm glad to hear this. This means the kid is going to be really good.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear this. This means the kid is going to be really good.

Legitimate NBA player, but projects as a career back-up, as Chalmers should have been. (The only reason Chalmers ever started was that he had Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Ray Allen there to carry the team.)

JerkFace

Reaction score
No interest in him at #10 but here’s a nice little video on Terry:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose