Kyler Murray breaking out

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Big takeaway from the video?

Oline still needs work

Kyler really could have used OTA's/regular training camp/preseason

One of the legitimate concerns about Murray was that he had only started like 15 or 16 games in college.

What that means is that he missed out on over 1500 game snaps in college. That's not insignificant and it means that he is more raw in some areas than a 3-4 year college starter.

Why some of us believed him was because of his tremendous natural talents and drive. I think Murray fixes these issues over time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of the legitimate concerns about Murray was that he had only started like 15 or 16 games in college.

What that means is that he missed out on over 1500 game snaps in college. That's not insignificant and it means that he is more raw in some areas than a 3-4 year college starter.

Why some of us believed him was because of his tremendous natural talents and drive. I think Murray fixes these issues over time.
Yep.

Still the lack of trust in the Oline is something that hurts guys that had 3 years worth of starts in college. Look at Rosen or Darnold (2 years for him). Bad habits develop.

Luckily Beachum has played well. I still think we gotta do something about Sweezy in time. He's tough, but when he gets beat he gets beat bad.

Mahomes/Lamar have great Olines.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep.

Still the lack of trust in the Oline is something that hurts guys that had 3 years worth of starts in college. Look at Rosen or Darnold (2 years for him). Bad habits develop.

Luckily Beachum has played well. I still think we gotta do something about Sweezy in time. He's tough, but when he gets beat he gets beat bad.

Mahomes/Lamar have great Olines.

This is why I wanted Jedrick Wills. Saw some game clips of him showing how awesome his footwork is already.

He could've come in and been the starter at RT immediately and played pretty well. By next year he will be a borderline Pro Bowl player.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is why I wanted Jedrick Wills. Saw some game clips of him showing how awesome his footwork is already.

He could've come in and been the starter at RT immediately and played pretty well. By next year he will be a borderline Pro Bowl player.
Apparently all the young Olineman look great so far (as rookies)

Hopefully Simmons gets it going.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler is playing this year like I anticipated he would as a rookie—look for the open man and if he’s not there fast, use his feet.

It’s never great to trust what’s coming from the AZCardinals.com propaganda mill in the off-season, but it’s all we had. I don’t think he’s come all that far as a passer — though he’s clearly had some breakthroughs as a runner.

all about the mental game, processing, and leadership with Murray. He’s nowhere near the developed passer that Mahomes was in his second year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler is playing this year like I anticipated he would as a rookie—look for the open man and if he’s not there fast, use his feet.

It’s never great to trust what’s coming from the AZCardinals.com propaganda mill in the off-season, but it’s all we had. I don’t think he’s come all that far as a passer — though he’s clearly had some breakthroughs as a runner.

all about the mental game, processing, and leadership with Murray. He’s nowhere near the developed passer that Mahomes was in his second year.
Or he's just doing that against a Super Bowl contender in the 49ers.

Most of the runs against Washington were designed calls. About 5 at least.