Hopkins on the INT

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What an absolutely nasty route though.

Andy might have had room to run if he gets it though.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

What an absolutely nasty route though.

Andy might have had room to run if he gets it though.

You notice on DH route, he stops and backs up off the ball as he thought it was going to someone else. If he didn't do that and continued, I could see him catching that if he reached for it.

I honestly think that ball was for DH and not Andy. DH just stopped.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You notice on DH route, he stops and backs up off the ball as he thought it was going to someone else. If he didn't do that and continued, I could see him catching that if he reached for it.

thats what I was thinking too

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It wasn't. That's what he's saying. The throw was for Isabella.

DH was probably supposed to run a deep vertical that would have drawn the safety toward the sideline. Instead he ran an inside route the brought the safety down toward Isabella. Take that safety out of the picture and Isabella catches that ball in stride.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It wasn't. That's what he's saying. The throw was for Isabella.

DH was probably supposed to run a deep vertical that would have drawn the safety toward the sideline. Instead he ran an inside route the brought the safety down toward Isabella. Take that safety out of the picture and Isabella catches that ball in stride.
When you really think about it..

Andy could have had a career day. Underthrow cost him a TD and if he gets that ball that would have been a big gainer.
In real time I couldn't figure out what happened. Just think of what this team will look like when Hopkins and Murray are on the same page all the time.
Yep. Offense looks like it needed OTAs the most. Glad Kliff kept the offense throwing late in the game to get more work in.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Don’t forget on the last drive DH caught the ball and went out of bounds. He immediately said my fault since we were supposed to eat the clock.

Didn't matter the clock was at 5:11 when he went out so when the ball is placed the clock starts again. So in actually it cost maybe 5 seconds. Clock only stays stopped in the final 5 minutes of the half and the fourth quarter.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that he came out and took responsibility for it. The question he was answering had nothing to do with the interception, but was whether or not he was his own toughest critic.
This is really a good thing.

When your star WR comes out and admits his faults it shows that he is accountable.

Great example for the rest of the team.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If you watch the clip it was a perfectly thrown ball with a blitzer in his face. Safety makes a great play on it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Andy could have had a career day. Underthrow cost him a TD and if he gets that ball that would have been a big gainer.

Yep. Offense looks like it needed OTAs the most. Glad Kliff kept the offense throwing late in the game to get more work in.

That pass went like 60 yards in the air, rather maybe he should have thrown sooner but you have to set up to throw it that far

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

troy apke runs a 4.3, that was just a play by the safety

Only think Kyler could have done was cut throw loose sooner and thats hard to calibrate as a qb

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I like that he came out and took responsibility for it. The question he was answering had nothing to do with the interception, but was whether or not he was his own toughest critic.
Yeah, it's cool to see a guy get paid and not act like a Diva and blame someone else (even though it could be true). I'm liking this guy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah, it's cool to see a guy get paid and not act like a Diva and blame someone else (even though it could be true). I'm liking this guy.
He’s also not a diva when he scores a TD. No over the top celebrations.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Larry is the king of honorable maturity when it comes to that. No one wants to like like a fool standing next to him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny, but after the pick I said, “What are you thinkin Kyler?”

First I thought it was an inaccurate throw. Then hearing Hopkins explanation and seeing it replayed Issabella may have taken it to the house.