The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think goal is for the NBA to have fans when they start 2021 season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I joined Lakers-Nuggets game later in 3rd quarter. Nice to see Nuggets rebounding from past two losses.

Nuggets lead 93-75 at the end of 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers cut Nuggets lead to 8 points with 7:38 in 4th quarter. Momentum shifting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the refs being the 6th, 7th and 8th men for LA

That one steal by Rondo had a lot of body with it.

Since I have been watching the game I haven't seen Dwight Howard. He has 4 personal fouls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad they didn’t choke again. Nuggets should be up 2-1

I didn't see Dwight Howard in the second half but I missed part of 3rd quarter. Maybe the referees clamped down on his fouling. I see he had 4 personal fouls tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad they didn’t choke again. Nuggets should be up 2-1

forcing Anthony Davis to chuck up a last second three is hardly choking.

I mean if all the guys you want to take a last second catch and shoot 3 Anthony Davis is the guy I want taking that shot.

sometimes you just got to give credit to the other team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate complaining about ref but anyone who says otherwise is turning their head the other way. The nuggets were in charge of the game but suddenly all those fouls crept up. I watched and saw some flops, nugget players get held etc.

Game 1 was sad when Jokic picked up all those quick fouls.

LeBron got what he deserved, no one screens like that with their elbows out shoulder height, so murray popped him. And big shocker, milsap got popped by rondo and no review.

Anywhoo....Murray, wow just wow, those two daggers near the end of game 3. They could be up 2-1 right now. Lakers really went for the throat last night, everyone was gassed but the nuggets were ready for it.

I'm still liking jerami grant, that finish between lebron and AD was smooth.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happens in the community seems to reverberate more quickly in the NBA than other sports.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics and Heat about to tip off game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 2018 draft there was Luka Doncic and in the 2019 draft there is Tyler Herro.

Doncic is already elite. Herro looks like he can reach that level.

I shudder to think about how good Devin Booker and either would be.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Herro as a rookie is already about as good as Booker is in his fifth year. And to think he was right there for the taking. At least Ayton was supposed to be a star himself and still shows glimpses of star potential if he can get his head on straight, which eases the pain with respect to Doncic. As much progress as Cam has made, and as nice of a guy as he is, Cam will never be in the same stratosphere as Herro, nor was he ever projected to be...

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Herro as a rookie is already about as good as Booker is in his fifth year. And to think he was right there for the taking. At least Ayton was supposed to be a star himself and still shows glimpses of star potential if he can get his head on straight, which eases the pain with respect to Doncic. As much progress as Cam has made, and as nice of a guy as he is, Cam will never be in the same stratosphere as Herro, nor was he ever projected to be...
Your first sentence is pretty dumb. Herro is a stud but is not Bookers level yet, but in regards to rest, Herro is a good example of why I am a firm believer in taking BPA in the draft regardless of the position.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lmao. Your just like F it I don’t want anybody to take me serious anymore. Just gonna fully jump the shark now huh.

that your goal?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the 2018 draft there was Luka Doncic and in the 2019 draft there is Tyler Herro.

Doncic is already elite. Herro looks like he can reach that level.

I shudder to think about how good Devin Booker and either would be.

Herro was amazing to watch. He just has no fear and so much confidence. One area he needs to work on is knowing when to go 1 on 2/3 or to pull back out and reset on those fast breaks. Overall great scorer, high IQ, some of his cuts were just timed perfectly and he finishes well too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herro was amazing to watch. He just has no fear and so much confidence. One area he needs to work on is knowing when to go 1 on 2/3 or to pull back out and reset on those fast breaks. Overall great scorer, high IQ, some of his cuts were just timed perfectly and he finishes well too.

Herro looks like he will be a combo guard as his shooting and passing are outstanding not to mention his ability to drive to the basket. He is going to be an excellent player and he is so confident. At times he carried that Miami team last night. As you mention, he is a high IQ player.

Interestingly enough, Booker, Mitchell and Herro were all drafted at #13.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your first sentence is pretty dumb. Herro is a stud but is not Bookers level yet, but in regards to rest, Herro is a good example of why I am a firm believer in taking BPA in the draft regardless of the position.

Yeah, it's tough to say good things about a excellent young player from the 2019 draft without it getting warped. I do think Herro has the chance to become an elite player.

Booker and Herro's rookie stats are very similar.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bookede01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/herroty01.html

This is why a GM can't be happy with role players in a draft. I so wish the Suns would invest the money in scouting it deserves.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough to say good things about a excellent young player from the 2019 draft without it getting warped. I do think Herro has the chance to become an elite player.

Booker and Herro's rookie stats are very similar.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bookede01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/herroty01.html

This is why a GM can't be happy with role players in a draft. I so wish the Suns would invest the money in scouting it deserves.

We dont know if this is a Jeremy Lin situation or not lol. One thing consistent is his shooting. I'm wonder how much attention the Celtics paid attention to Herro before the start of the series. I'm sure he has their attention now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose