OT: Doctor actually punctured Tyrod Taylor’s Lung prior to game

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess who’s not going to have a job much longer.

good lord that sucks for Tyrod

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad for Tyrod Taylor. I hope he recovers soon.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shooting up a cracked rib? I’m assuming you numb the cartilage around it but that sounds extremely painful. These guys are just built different than the rest of us.

Guys have no idea what there watching out there. It’s brutal.

but you’ll get a ton of this team has no heart or so and so quit the second we lose a game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What happened to Tyrod is actually quite possible. The team doctor actually told Tyrod it was possible that might happen. Somewhat remote, but possible just the same. Tyrod agreed to accept the shot.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to Tyrod is actually quite possible. The team doctor actually told Tyrod it was possible that might happen. Somewhat remote, but possible just the same. Tyrod agreed to accept the shot.

even says in the article that it’s a blind shot and a known risky procedure...

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
While technically he “punctured” the lung (medically referred to as a pneumothorax) it’s not that big of a deal. It’s not as if the lung “pops” like a balloon. I’ve put needles into 15-20 chest walls of live human patients, and have perforated the lung tissue. In one instance my patient didn’t inevitably need the procedure, and it was my needle which caused the pneumothorax. Doc at the trauma center told me the “dead air space” I created was <3% of the total surface area, and he wasn’t going to do jack Ish about it. Just rest and allow it to recover naturally. Probably 5-7 days if that. Tyrod will just take the week off from practice.

However, turning a local anesthetic injection into a thoracotomy is pretty bush league and shows a significant lack of skill level. Team should fire that doc immediately IMO. Plenty of better care providers that would be happy to earn that check and add something like that to their bio/resume.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While technically he “punctured” the lung (medically referred to as a pneumothorax) it’s not that big of a deal. It’s not as if the lung “pops” like a balloon. I’ve put needles into 15-20 chest walls of live human patients, and have perforated the lung tissue. In one instance my patient didn’t inevitably need the procedure, and it was my needle which caused the pneumothorax. Doc at the trauma center told me the “dead air space” I created was <3% of the total surface area, and he wasn’t going to do jack Ish about it. Just rest and allow it to recover naturally. Probably 5-7 days if that. Tyrod will just take the week off from practice.

However, turning a local anesthetic injection into a thoracotomy is pretty bush league and shows a significant lack of skill level. Team should fire that doc immediately IMO. Plenty of better care providers that would be happy to earn that check and add something like that to their bio/resume.

good info.