Patrick Peterson. What is the future?

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Bottom line is All I can go by from PP is that he’s had a handful (maybe 4-5) games out of his last 12 he’s played like the “superstar” you make him out of be.

Whether it’s because of off the field issues, contract or whatever the reason #21 hasn’t been great. Imo he’s been slightly above average thru the time period of his last 12 games. In 2018 he was the same imo. That defense was atrocious & he was part of it.

Imo Pat is in his prime at 30 so I expect more, especially if he’s a great player. I expect more effort, I expect more production & I expect more positive results from him!!! At this point, there’s no way I’m signing him to a long term extension. I want to see him play better & earn what he wants. And no, I still don’t buy he’s “all in” with the Cardinals organization as of today.

Didn’t we hear from him this offseason, your going to get my best season yet? Didn’t I hear that last year too? I’m still waiting...Show me PP!!!

I would take Aeneas over him all day, everyday & not think twice about it!!!

2018 was a cluster for thr whole team. Switching to a 43 and playing alot of zone.

Anyway. I'm just not sure what you criteria is for success. We 1 zero catches allowed. That's about as good as is gets. Week 2, a couple short slants allowed.

Hes first 2 games are better than what we have seen from Ramsey, Gilmore and Sherman this season. So maybe expections need to be more realistic.

Aeneas played in a different NFL, qbs werent slinging the ball 60 times a game like Joe burrow did this week. They are both HOF players.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well, I agree that Belichek is smart but pinching gave us Chandler J. and he has since decided to pay top dollar to a CB - Gilmour.
I think it was more of a personality clash than Belichick thinking Jones was used up especially at his age. I suspect Brady leaving had to do with a growing conflict between him and BB.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well, this will probably be something I keep bringing up in any PP21 related thread for the rest of the season/offseason, but the free agent list is pretty trash... and we're going to need two.

Leaving that position open until the draft really paints us into a corner (pun not intended) too.

From everything I read here since I haven't seen any games is Dre K. is playing pretty solid. How has he rated out compared to PP?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bottom line is All I can go by from PP is that he’s had a handful (maybe 4-5) games out of his last 12 he’s played like the “superstar” you make him out of be.

Whether it’s because of off the field issues, contract or whatever the reason #21 hasn’t been great. Imo he’s been slightly above average thru the time period of his last 12 games. In 2018 he was the same imo. That defense was atrocious & he was part of it.

Imo Pat is in his prime at 30 so I expect more, especially if he’s a great player. I expect more effort, I expect more production & I expect more positive results from him!!! At this point, there’s no way I’m signing him to a long term extension. I want to see him play better & earn what he wants. And no, I still don’t buy he’s “all in” with the Cardinals organization as of today.

Didn’t we hear from him this offseason, your going to get my best season yet? Didn’t I hear that last year too? I’m still waiting...Show me PP!!!

I would take Aeneas over him all day, everyday & not think twice about it!!!

this is what kills me about the Peterson haters.

it’s always run to Aeneas Williams. Just let that sink in. The ONLY comp they have for Peterson in 30 years of Arizona Cardinal football is another Hall Of Famer.

that alone lets you know the level of this dudes play.

Its painfully clear your feelings are in the way. He hurt you deep huh.

when a WR walks in here and just destroys us like Hopkins did to SF then get on here and complain about him.

I’ve said for awhile now. You don’t know what you got till it’s gone.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingsbury has already said he instructed his defense to lay off in the second half to avoid injury. I don't know how much you can infer about PP21 from last week

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a lost cause. People have no idea what there watching out there. Here’s a guy who’s given up 1 catch over 2 NFL games and people are saying he’s someone’s “bitch” now.

are you serious?

They bring personal feeling into it. Uuuuuh PED’s. Ok Someone made a mistake, you gonna let that go and move on or you gonna keep bringing it every chance you get. Kinda like a scorned girlfriend, well remember when you did that one thing!!

GET OVER IT.

1 catch 2 Games. That’s how freakishly good he’s been and how spoiled these guys are now that giving up 1 catch means he sucks.

I am reserving judgement until he covers a real WR. He was getting beat by Mclauren quite a bit but the QB sucks and didnt find it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why all the dislike for PP?

Because not very long ago he was demanding a trade.

People are not too excited about the prospect of paying him big bucks when his performance as of late has been questionable and he is on the downside of his career.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good CB's are "gold." You don't even let even average guys leave without a fight.

I'd rather have to deal with an overpaid average corner than no corner at all.

In 30+ years of Cardinal football Peterson and Aeneas are the only two legit shut down corners I’ve seen. 2 count em 2 in 30 years

don’t know what you got till it’s gone.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has 14 more games to show he's "back" and how elite he still is, or not. After that, Keim has a huge decision to make. Over pay on a long term deal or FT?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PP doesn't shadow the #1 in Vance Joseph's defensive scheme.
Isn't that the job of the #1 CB, guarding the best WR on other team? I would be for franchising PP especially if we can draft a shutdown CB to replace him after next year.

Depending on how much he is looking for, not sure you pay Top 5 money to a 31 year old CB long term. Now if he is willing to take a cap friendly deal where most of the money can be converted to signing bonus like we've been doing with all the other big contracts then I would be okay with a multi year deal.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't that the job of the #1 CB, guarding the best WR on other team? I would be for franchising PP especially if we can draft a shutdown CB to replace him after next year.

Depending on how much he is looking for, not sure you pay Top 5 money to a 31 year old CB long term. Now if he is willing to take a cap friendly deal where most of the money can be converted to signing bonus like we've been doing with all the other big contracts then I would be okay with a multi year deal.

Sherman has played one side of the field his whole career.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Not every #1 CB in the league shadows the other guy (look at Richard Sherman's entire career). I don't think this is an indictment of Patrick right now, just what Vance prefers doing.

I think it's awfully risky to think you can just "draft a shutdown CB" and count on that as a strategy. Jeff Okudah got abused this week and was the third overall pick, that many on this board were saying is "can't miss." And this team does not appear to be drafting that high. I think we have playoff aspirations, so that's talking about drafting a guy in the 20s to be our #1 CB in a year that the Cardinals should be aiming for a championship.

There's no way that risk is sensible to me. Even if we really, really like a rookie, there's no guarantee he falls to us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
PP21 did not line-up against McLaurin on every snap and slants are covered by both the trailing CB and someone in the middle; ergo: dual responsibility.

Yeah rewatching that play, Peterson had the outside leverage on the play. No way was that pattern just his responsibility. No one even helped him on that play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not every #1 CB in the league shadows the other guy (look at Richard Sherman's entire career). I don't think this is an indictment of Patrick right now, just what Vance prefers doing.

I think it's awfully risky to think you can just "draft a shutdown CB" and count on that as a strategy. Jeff Okudah got abused this week and was the third overall pick, that many on this board were saying is "can't miss." And this team does not appear to be drafting that high. I think we have playoff aspirations, so that's talking about drafting a guy in the 20s to be our #1 CB in a year that the Cardinals should be aiming for a championship.

There's no way that risk is sensible to me. Even if we really, really like a rookie, there's no guarantee he falls to us.

I agree. Draft a guy next year and tag Peterson. Let the new guy take over the year after.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...erback-caleb-farley-will-skip-college-season/

That's the guy to go after. Big, fast and physical.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score