Cards to sign Dre Kirkpatrick

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Keim continues to tweak the bottom of the roster - cutting recently signed CBs and adding better dudes as they become available in free agency.

Granted, we may be hampered by cap limits, but I don't understand contract-stuff anyway. I just think this is how Keim & Co. will deal with our weakness at CB.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Don’t expect the player from 5 years ago but he partially makes up for that with experience. He’ll surely be heavily targeted but hopefully the Cards will realize early that PP should take the top opposing WR. They’ll also need to provide safety help over the top when Kirkpatrick is matched up with a speed guy. Kirkpatrick is willing to support against the run but tackling isn’t his top skill. He’s likely better in most matchups than what they had.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Don’t expect the player from 5 years ago but he partially makes up for that with experience. He’ll surely be heavily targeted but hopefully the Cards will realize early that PP should take the top opposing WR. They’ll also need to provide safety help over the top when Kirkpatrick is matched up with a speed guy. Kirkpatrick is willing to support against the run but tackling isn’t his top skill. He’s likely better in most matchups than what they had.

I like Bill Belichick’s way of putting his top CB on the #2 WR and then double the best WR with our #2 cb and a safety.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He was making 12 mil and wasn't playing up to it. They had an out. Cap casualty.

Plus he missed 12 games last year. Maybe he only just got back to workout fitness.

There, you are implying a judgement unless you think that statement means you are all peaches and cream which you obviously are not. I get your concerns and I also see your value/respect of the guy as a man and not just a football player. I am hoping for average in coverage and his familiarity with Vance Joseph hopefully gives us the benefit of the doubt for him being serviceable... the only way we could do better is with a trade but again I am a fan of Chris Jones but will he be allowed to get the starting job

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There, you are implying a judgement unless you think that statement means you are all peaches and cream which you obviously are not. I get your concerns and I also see your value/respect of the guy as a man and not just a football player. I am hoping for average in coverage and his familiarity with Vance Joseph hopefully gives us the benefit of the doubt for him being serviceable... the only way we could do better is with a trade but again I am a fan of Chris Jones but will he be allowed to get the starting job

That's not a judgement dude, that's a fact. They cut him because he wasn't playing up to his contract value. That's how cap casualties work. If they thought he was playing well they wouldn't have overpaid Trae Waynes to play CB2 and cut him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That's not a judgement dude, that's a fact. They cut him because he wasn't playing up to his contract value. That's how cap casualties work. If they thought he was playing well they wouldn't have overpaid Trae Waynes to play CB2 and cut him.

Judgement, "the ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions"
Here's a great example... "They cut him because he wasn't playing up to his contract value" lol

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirkpatrick has been solid so far. Glad we have another solid vet back there.

You must be registered for see images attach