Won by 15...15 big positives to take away from this game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok...this is gonna be a haul.

1 - Murray showed more of this year's elusive running style. He is making huge strides in this area.

2 - I am sure some will disagree, but DJ Humphries had a game today. Again, as long as he holds up, we are in a good place at LT.

3 - Lamont Gaillard held up in the middle. It wasn't perfect but he has stepped in and done well.

4 - Dan Arnold made some nice plays. They have seemed to be there over these two games and nice to see Murray and Dan finally connect.

5 - Kirk made the most of his limited opportunities.

6 - Same for Isabella.

7 - We threw the ball down the field vs a good defensive front. That is a good thing to put on tape.

8 - We ran the ball at the end of the game to seal it. Not all running plays, but 11 plays, 74 yds and 6.12 off the clock. That is how good teams finish.

9 - 2 for 2 on 4th down, offensively.

10 - Defense held Washington to 4 of 12 on 3rd down.

11 - We won the turnover battle again and won the sacks allowed battle.

12 - Devondre Campbell showed week 1 was no fluke. Won't be shocked if they give him an extension.

13 - Jordan Phillips was a risk signing. It is early, but he made another big play today. Nice to see FA dollars hitting.

14 - Pass defense is a concern. Nice to see we only gave up 199 yards passing in a game we led the entire way.

15 - No major injuries that I saw.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All good points. Got some help from Rivera, even after they got the ball.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's funny but to the fans that follow this team we are scanning ways to get better.

But for football fans across the nation they are seeing the highlights and are very impressed.

If there is one thing I'd like to see is a reduction in penalties.
This is a thread for positive comments sir!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny but to the fans that follow this team we are scanning ways to get better.

But for football fans across the nation they are seeing the highlights and are very impressed.

definitely. Can’t get 100 yards in penalties and expect to win a lot of games. We got away with it today because we came out so strong against what I believe will be a pretty bad team when all’s said and done.

doesn’t take away that much from a really solid W regardless, but it’s an area we will have to address if we want to be a contender by the end of season when it’s money time.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
definitely. Can’t get 100 yards in penalties and expect to win a lot of games. We got away with it today because we came out so strong against what I believe will be a pretty bad team when all’s said and done.

doesn’t take away that much from a really solid W regardless, but it’s an area we will have to address if we want to be a contender by the end of season when it’s money time.
:mulli: The thread is 15 big positives...not some positives and some negatives. (you aren't wrong tho)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Liked

Murray
Special Teams (made a difference in both games)
All receivers
Campbell

Un-liked

Penalties
Lack of run push by the OL until last drive
No identity on defense ( great run stopping team? Great secondary?). They need an identity.
Don't trust VJ yet

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Went over to the Redskins subreddit and they were down about the loss but were saying that it wasn't too bad since they lost to a good team. I think general consensus is that we're a good team. Feels good.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
16- Special Teams play. Imagine having a good ST when Arians was here. But no, he wouldn't fire his friend Amos Moses. :oops:

The upgrade to special teams is one of my favorite things this year. Famous Amos cost this team games. This special teams group won us the game last week and may have won the game this week

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose