Ozark (Netflix)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are trying to figure out how to write the Coronavirus and all the partying ******** on Lake of the Ozarks into the storyline

You actually bring up an interesting point. How are shows/movies set in current time going to deal with Coronavirus? Scenes that take place in restaurants, stores, parks, anywhere in public really, are going to have to be shot in a completely different way now (unless they just ignore that Covid exists). Will the virus end up dominating shows just by it's existence in the script? I pity the writers.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread - moving forward how will entertainment incorporate our new Covid lifestyles in storylines.......

You must be registered for see images

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they have exhausted the storyline.

I think it also may have to do with everything being paused and just not having gotten to it yet. There is still plenty story to tell from where things left off IMO

I'm thinking they are probably working out the business part. Perhaps with all the success, new contracts have to be negotiated.

Very likely.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You actually bring up an interesting point. How are shows/movies set in current time going to deal with Coronavirus? Scenes that take place in restaurants, stores, parks, anywhere in public really, are going to have to be shot in a completely different way now (unless they just ignore that Covid exists). Will the virus end up dominating shows just by it's existence in the script? I pity the writers.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread - moving forward how will entertainment incorporate our new Covid lifestyles in storylines.......
As things open back up, if the country goes back to normalcy, I imagine the shows and movies will too. Also, for example, in Arizona restaurants are full again so they really wouldnt need to do anything different when filming.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As things open back up, if the country goes back to normalcy, I imagine the shows and movies will too. Also, for example, in Arizona restaurants are full again so they really wouldnt need to do anything different when filming.
Except where woukd we get all the redneck hillbilly looking poeple? Oh, nevermind...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there's a reason the three things I'm pitching right now are either period or animated.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final season is a 14 episode season split into two parts, so there will be two 7 episode "seasons" to wrap things up instead of one 10 episode season.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Can't wait to see the final 7 episodes.

Cool to see that several of these episodes were directed by Robin Wright.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave