Drafting Andy Isabella over D.K. Metcalf... Damn!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this isnt a defense of Keim, but NFL GMing is really hard.

the same John Schneider who is a genius for taking DK Metcalf also spent a 1st on LJ Collier and a 2nd on Marquise Blair in that same draft. Both have been disappointments at positions of need for SEA.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella is, so far, pretty much nothing. Reports were he was supposed to be the kick off returner but couldn't catch the ball in warmups and that's why he didn't. He is another risk it and no biscuit pick up to this point. D.K. Metcalf may have been a better risk it pick but he wasn't. Water under the bridge.

I would say Keim is not adept at drafting, but that may point to a bumbling scouting staff as well. The draft is a crap shoot at best, especially for teams that just aren't that bright in evaluating talent, like the Cards (and many other teams for that matter).

I am happy with Hopkins. But, I realize that that has nothing to do with the Isabella/Metcalf thing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still don’t think we will really find out what Isabella truly is/isn’t as a player anytime soon with Dhop, Legend, Kirk as your top 3 guys. He’s just simply isn’t going to get much play time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella is, so far, pretty much nothing. Reports were he was supposed to be the kick off returner but couldn't catch the ball in warmups and that's why he didn't. He is another risk it and no biscuit pick up to this point. D.K. Metcalf may have been a better risk it pick but he wasn't. Water under the bridge.

I would say Keim is not adept at drafting, but that may point to a bumbling scouting staff as well. The draft is a crap shoot at best, especially for teams that just aren't that bright in evaluating talent, like the Cards (and many other teams for that matter).

I am happy with Hopkins. But, I realize that that has nothing to do with the Isabella/Metcalf thing.
I think the thing that hurts Isabella is that we're seeing such impact from others wrs in that class.

Just like now Slayton for the Giants scored a TD (had 8 last year).

Doesnt mean that Isabella wont be a player. Just that other guys are clearly more advanced right now.

It sucks because the only thing missing on this offense is a speed threat at WR.

If Isabella can get going we can be scary good. We still might anyway, but hopefully Andy can help out as well.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our under-25 talent is very questionable.

Interesting. ESPN just ranked the teams based on their under-25 talent. I'm not an insider so i can't see the full rankings, but Football Outsiders listed the top 5:
Here's our annual ESPN+ ranking of all 32 teams based on talent under the age of 25, led this year by the Baltimore Ravens. The New York Giants may surprise you at No. 2, followed by Arizona, Buffalo, and San Francisco. Check out all 32 teams here.

...dbs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Interesting. ESPN just ranked the teams based on their under-25 talent. I'm not an insider so i can't see the full rankings, but Football Outsiders listed the top 5:

...dbs
Since you don't have Insider, it's very important to realize they overwhelmingly weight Kyler, Budda, and Isaiah Simmons in their evaluation. Simmons hadn't played a down, and Hakeem Butler, now a cut, is listed somewhat meaningfully. Heck, even Reddick gets a mention. We all know Reddick is not a premier player here. Take a look at the roster and filter for under 25, and it's not feeling very good.

You must be registered for see images attach

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Andy had a really good day today.

However, I'm watching Metcalf dominate the best corner in the league. Its ok missing out on him, but damn why he'd have to go to Seattle.

Metcalf in Seattle is the perfect fit, I don't think he is nearly as successful anywhere else.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bigger issue is not drafting Wilson back in the day. Damn I hate the Seachickens

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sick of hearing about this every week. Dude went in the 3rd round behind a lot of recievers. Not a single GM thought he would be this good.

is someone forcing you to come back to this thread every week? If not, you have no one to blame but yourself for hearing about this every week.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I am sick of hearing about this every week. Dude went in the 3rd round behind a lot of recievers. Not a single GM thought he would be this good.
Yep agreed. It’s ridiculous, especially given DK rarely showed in college he was a star!!! He was pretty unproductive at Ole Miss fact

Buckybird

Reaction score
If only we would’ve drafted Michael Gallop over Kirk :lol:

That’s how stupid this is lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why did Seattle pass on the next Megatron twice?

yeah no

he’s good but don’t do that. Megatron is an all time great who played with an average QB. He’s not in the class of those guys Fitz, Megatron, Julio

The stars aren’t even close. Just stop

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson