Keim time again?! Odell on the market

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I loved the idea of getting Odell last year to be our primary WR. Now that we have Hopkins, I don't like it as much. Odell's temperament is one part of it. He wants the ball, a lot, and I don't know that I want Murray and Kingsbury feeling that pressure to feed him every week. In terms of what he would bring to the table, I love it. He would be another vertical threat as well as a guy who can work smoke routes, bubble routes and slants underneath. His contract isn't terrible, but it is also not cheap. The chemistry fit is also a concern, but I leave that up to Kliff.

Honestly, if the compensation is low enough and Kilff is game, I don't hate it. The usage in terms of snaps is there. Targets...I don't know but probably. Money...we currently pay Fitz 11 mil and Odell makes 15 next year, so I don't believe that is an issue. It would force Fitz to take a lot less to stay and we probably trade Kirk if Fitz is willing to do so.

Definitely worth considering, but all comes down to price.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of our best years In recent memory were with Bolden, Breston, and FITZ who each had a 1000 yards respectively when we went to the Super Bowl

2015 had FITZ and J Brown for 1000 yards respectively and we went to the NFC championship game. We need another strong receiver to compliment Hop. Does that mean that 2 1000 yard receivers equals a deep playoff run? No but acquiring Odell would help this team tremendously FOR a deep playoff run. But people here are talking about we can’t afford him, so awwell.
Breaston was no better than kirk. We have hip, fitz and kirk. We already have your recipe.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously? Are we going to talk about every WR on the market when we have Nuk, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella and Johnson?

It's already one of our most costly rooms.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Seriously? Are we going to talk about every WR on the market when we have Nuk, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella and Johnson?

This and also plenty of teams get good results out of their 2-5 receivers that aren't exactly world beaters so we should be able to do the same. We have at least 3 solid receivers in Nuk, Fitz and Kirk and should be able to milk some production out of the other guys as needed. We have a very good receiver situation compared to most teams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This and also plenty of teams get good results out of their 2-5 receivers that aren't exactly world beaters so we should be able to do the same. We have at least 3 solid receivers in Nuk, Fitz and Kirk and should be able to milk some production out of the other guys as needed. We have a very good receiver situation compared to most teams.

Exactly. Our receiver room is as good as anyone's. We don't need to add to it. We need to get what we have working.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Costly doesn't equal good. We have no idea how good Kirk is much less Isabella and Johnson. If you can add a top end player who helps your young QB, and his contract is 0% guaranteed...why not? That all said, regardless of cost to acquire, if Kingsbury or the player leaders on the team do not want him, I have no issue with the team staying away.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Costly doesn't equal good. We have no idea how good Kirk is much less Isabella and Johnson. If you can add a top end player who helps your young QB, and his contract is 0% guaranteed...why not? That all said, regardless of cost to acquire, if Kingsbury or the player leaders on the team do not want him, I have no issue with the team staying away.

We know Kirk had 2 800 yard seasons while missing games and would likely have pushed 900-1000 if he stayed healthy (and one of those was with Wilks/Rosen).

I think we have a pretty good idea what he is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We know Kirk had 2 800 yard seasons while missing games and would likely have pushed 900-1000 if he stayed healthy (and one of those was with Wilks/Rosen).

I think we have a pretty good idea what he is.
You can't pick and choose when to factor in injuries. You can't say Humphries is trash because of his play and injury history and then say Kirk is some hidden gem because of the seasons he would have had if he stayed healthy. At least be consistent.

Outside of that, Kirk is probably the WR equivalent of DJ Humphries. Both have a history of injuries. Both have shown they are not elite players. Both are inconsistent in play. So, would you pass on acquiring a malcontent Ronnie Stanley because you knew have The Captain on the roster?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't pick and choose when to factor in injuries. You can't say Humphries is trash because of his play and injury history and then say Kirk is some hidden gem because of the seasons he would have had if he stayed healthy. At least be consistent.

Outside of that, Kirk is probably the WR equivalent of DJ Humphries. Both have a history of injuries. Both have shown they are not elite players. Both are inconsistent in play. So, would you pass on acquiring a malcontent Ronnie Stanley because you knew have The Captain on the roster?

I'm not. I'm saying he still had 800 yards which is more than capable enough for WR2/3.

And you can't compare Hump to Kirk. Kirk missed what? 2-3 games each season? Hump missing 3 would be a good year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not. I'm saying he still had 800 yards which is more than capable enough for WR2/3.

And you can't compare Hump to Kirk. Kirk missed what? 2-3 games each season? Hump missing 3 would be a good year.
Hmmmmmmm. A couple points to make.

In 2019 Kirk had 709 yards receiving which put him at 51st in the NFL. In 2018 Kirk had 590 yards receiving putting him at 70th in the NFL.

Over the past three seasons (including this one), The Captain has played in 26 of 33 games and Kirk has played in 25 of 33 games.

So, to recap.

1 - Kirk has never had 800 yards receiving in a season and to point, never more than 709 yards which is not really even close to 800.

2 - Over the past three season that they have both been in the league, Humphries has actually played 1 more game than Kirk.

This means that they are, in fact, comparable players in terms of health over the entirety of Kirk's career.

And, they are also comparable in terms of production, because neither has produced over league average level over that same time period. (I would argue The Captain has been slightly above league average, but that is very subjective)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No thanks if kyler didnt give odell the ball enough he would complain against kyler

Hop is a great locker room guy who just wants to win and have a great relationship with his qb and other wrs

I still think if used Isabella can still produce he has the tools and kirk is ok enough but still think cards could like at rookie wrs in draft to find a solid wr to fit with Hopkins after fitz leaves

Go big red!!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now we should sign and trade for Robinson, Beckham and we should have signed Aldon smith.
Good lord.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fans trying to build their dream team lego house with their favorite pieces with no regard to concept, scheme and original intent

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

In 2019 Kirk had 709 yards receiving which put him at 51st in the NFL. In 2018 Kirk had 590 yards receiving putting him at 70th in the NFL.

Over the past three seasons (including this one), The Captain has played in 26 of 33 games and Kirk has played in 25 of 33 games.

So, to recap.

1 - Kirk has never had 800 yards receiving in a season and to point, never more than 709 yards which is not really even close to 800.

2 - Over the past three season that they have both been in the league, Humphries has actually played 1 more game than Kirk.

This means that they are, in fact, comparable players in terms of health over the entirety of Kirk's career.

And, they are also comparable in terms of production, because neither has produced over league average level over that same time period. (I would argue The Captain has been slightly above league average, but that is very subjective)

I would add this makes DJ Humphries have far more value because playing LT is far more complex and more important than being a complimentary WR :raccoon:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So, to recap.

There are 32 two teams.. if someone is a third receiver shouldn't they most likely be ranked anwhere from 65-96 when it comes to receiving yards? Although some could argue he was our number #2 receiver then.. if he can be our third receiver and get 590 yards we should be pretty happy I would think?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson