OT: Richard Sherman to IR

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will miss a minimum of 3 weeks with a Undisclosed leg injury.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tom Pelissero
⁦‪@TomPelissero‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

My understanding is this is just a flareup related to an old injury for Richard Sherman, who had the torn Achilles back in 2017. With new rules allowing return in 3 weeks, more players going on IR. Expectation is Sherman’s absence is short-term.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sherman is the single most overrated player of the last decade. He holds on every play.

He created a persona for himself by being a loudmouth, and that has gotten him undo attention, so good for him...but he is not, nor has he ever been an elite CB.

If I was an OC I would throw at him 20 times a game because in todays NFL you will get at least 5 PI's.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sherman is the single most overrated player of the last decade. He holds on every play.

He created a persona for himself by being a loudmouth, and that has gotten him undo attention, so good for him...but he is not, nor has he ever been an elite CB.

If I was an OC I would throw at him 20 times a game because in todays NFL you will get at least 5 PI's.

I think you're exaggerating a bit, but Richard Sherman DOES get away with a ton of PIs as did other members of the Legion of Boom.

But so does/did Patrick Peterson. If I were a DB coach I would coach my players to grab and hold like they do. Stay on your man's hip and make it look like you are making a play on the ball, but grab and hold as much as you cant get away with.

He was an elite CB, because staying on a receiver's hip the way that Sherman has is very difficult.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like be may be nursing an old Achille injury. They play the Jets and Giants next 2 week, so maybe they thought it would be a good idea to shelf him during a weak part of the schedule

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was surprised he played as much as he did last year.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

LOL

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Niners are the walking wounded so stealing that game was huge. Upset city as the Jets will take them out this Sunday.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sherman is actually intelligent but his passion makes him come across as an ass a lot. Sherman also has great technique which reminds me of Aeneas Williams, but Aeneas played during a more physical allotment of play, still he does not get called often because he knows how to hide the holding which like it or not is a skill. The man is not overrated and if he's sitting out it's a legit injury. You can say all you want but he is one of the best corners of the last decade. As a Cardinal fan he ticks me off because he's great at what he does. He never had elite athletic attributes but he knows his craft being cagey at the position... reason why he is still playing