Is Madison Bumgarner the new Yasmany Tomas?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's what cellar dwelling teams do. Bring in a
star in the twilight of his career to make an effort to have an
ace and put people in the seats.

Unfortunately, they're cardboard cutouts because of COVID-19.

The real problem is why they're a cellar dwelling team. And one
so bad that they couldn't anticipate it. The worst example is
obtaining, then dumping, Starling Marte in a fire sale.

And playing into the Manager's hands of swinging Ketel back and
forth between 2B and CF again and, once again, he's on the DL.

Damn, I hate to be so negative about my team! I'd much rather
cheer for success than post about failure.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It made me nervous in real time. They money they owe Bumgarner and still owe Greinke is more than they would’ve owed Zack had they kept him. It depends on the prospects Hazen got developing into productive pieces. Part of me think he wanted to be near his ranch and is partly retired mentally.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It made me nervous in real time. They money they owe Bumgarner and still owe Greinke is more than they would’ve owed Zack had they kept him. It depends on the prospects Hazen got developing into productive pieces. Part of me think he wanted to be near his ranch and is partly retired mentally.

It appears that is exactly what is going on, particularly considering reports of his unauthorized and undisclosed anonymous rodeo competitions in the offseason...

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
It appears that is exactly what is going on, particularly considering reports of his unauthorized and undisclosed anonymous rodeo competitions in the offseason...

Is it possible that he might have hurt himself in one of these non disclosed rodeo competitions? If so, they could have cause to get out of the contract!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it possible that he might have hurt himself in one of these non disclosed rodeo competitions? If so, they could have cause to get out of the contract!

They already said they won't hold him responsible for anything that happened in the rodeo competitions.

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
They already said they won't hold him responsible for anything that happened in the rodeo competitions.

Then, they are just plain stupid! Go ahead and pay an additional 79 million for damaged goods!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cannot, on any level, compare MadBum to Tomas.

Every signing comes with question marks. This was a good signing that so far has not panned out. Too early to toss him aside.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a risk, either way, had he panned out Hazen would look like a genius. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out this year and all we can do is hope he finds it next season. Our franchise will be in the gutter for the next 4-5 years anyways.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was a risk, either way, had he panned out Hazen would look like a genius. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out this year and all we can do is hope he finds it next season. Our franchise will be in the gutter for the next 4-5 years anyways.

If he pitches the way we hope next year and the team is in the crapper, he could be a trade possibility.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If this is true, how the heck can they keep the GM and Manager that put us there?