Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Getting 17th in Total Points does not equate to being the 17th best rookie. Theoretically, he could have been #11 on all but three of the ballots (or dead last on all but three ballots). The only way to determine where Cam would fall would be to have the voters rank their top 20ish.

Plus, Nunn and Porter weren't in this draft so they should be omitted from the discussion of best draftable players at #11. We should also consider Paschall and Davis III were freak instances in great franchises.

So said differently, if you only count 2019 first round draft picks, Cam could conceivably be voted 10.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. The fact is that he wasn't, and there is zero room for growth, as he is already approaching his prime (which means he will be surpassed by younger players that have more room for development)...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Despite all the debating of what Cam is or isn't, does anyone think that
he is the answer at starting Power Forward? Especially playing alongside
Deandre Ayton. That is what matters!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What worries me about Cam is his health not his skills. You rarely hear about pro athletes in their early 20’s having multiple hip problems.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. The fact is that he wasn't, and there is zero room for growth, as he is already approaching his prime (which means he will be surpassed by younger players that have more room for development)...

Apply the "could, woulda, shoulda" to your own thoughts whenever Cam is mentioned because no one cares to see you repeat yourself over and over about how the Suns should have taken Clarke. You are a broken record who focuses on the negative. It's not surprising since you've admitted your goal is to turn others against the Suns but it's beyond old.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Using this thought process, Eric Paschall (23), Kendrick Nunn (25), Terence Davis II (23) and Brandon Clarke (23) also do not have room for growth.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@1Sun

I don't know why David Robinson even bothered to enter the NBA at 24 and Steve Nash should have given up the game at 25.

Yes, it's sarcasm.

The list goes on and on of players that have succeeded later in their career.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
@1Sun

I don't know why David Robinson even bothered to enter the NBA at 24 and Steve Nash should have given up the game at 25.

Yes, it's sarcasm.

The list goes on and on of players that have succeeded later in their career.

They had also showed a lot more by that point than Cam has.

And yes, health is a BIG concern with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Despite all the debating of what Cam is or isn't, does anyone think that
he is the answer at starting Power Forward? Especially playing alongside
Deandre Ayton. That is what matters!

Sadly, based on a handful of games in an anomaly of a bubble situation against teams resting players and not having much to play for (i.e., very much a preseason environment for opponents, albeit not for the Suns), I would guess that most on this board actually do think that...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly, based on a handful of games in an anomaly of a bubble situation against teams resting players and not having much to play for (i.e., very much a preseason environment for opponents, albeit not for the Suns), I would guess that most on this board actually do think that...

You didn't watch the games. You don't have a clue.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You didn't watch the games. You don't have a clue.

I watched enough games during the course of the year, including some in the bubble (not to mention several of his college games), to know that Cam Johnson is not the answer as our starting power forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good lord, now he’s admitting that he didn’t even watch all the bubble games. Hahahaha

I had to work during a couple of them. And I still consider the bubble as a whole an anomaly and not indicative of how real regular season games will look and play out when things get back to normal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched enough games during the course of the year, including some in the bubble (not to mention several of his college games), to know that Cam Johnson is not the answer as our starting power forward.

Your "preseason environment" claim is trash. You don't know what you're talking about and your opinion on Cam has long been invalidated.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Your "preseason environment" claim is trash. You don't know what you're talking about and your opinion on Cam has long been invalidated.
Just curious, why do you keep engaging him? Almost every post you make in response to his trolling should have ended the conversation, but here we are, months later, and you are still carrying on the conversation? I'm curious why you bother?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
With a power Center, we might get by with Cam as starting Power Forward.

Especially on a team that had not been a post season presence.

But with a Center who shies away from contact and doesn't get to the
free throw line, we need a real starting Power Forward.

Basketball, as much as any sport, is a true team sport. Team balance
has to be a consideration. Cam is not a good match alongside Deandre.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This. Though expect pushback from the Cam apologists here...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. Though expect pushback from the Cam apologists here...

There are no Cam apologists here just 1 person who is a hater.

BTW, you evaluating college players is a joke since you swore up and down that Ja would be a huge bust and out of the league before his rookie contract was up. Instead he wins Rookie of the Year. You're wrong quite often, learn to accept it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Explain going 8-0 in the bubble with those 2 starting together then.

You can say Cam isn't a good pairing with Ayton to start but actual gameplay proves otherwise so what are you are basing that theory on?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Explain going 8-0 in the bubble with those 2 starting together then.

You can say Cam isn't a good pairing with Ayton to start but actual gameplay proves otherwise so what are you are basing that theory on?

Again, the Bubble involved a desperate Suns team often playing less motivated opponents who were resting up to 7 players, and even then the Cam/Ayton pairing often fell behind to start games, with Ayton getting into foul trouble.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, the Bubble involved a desperate Suns team often playing less motivated opponents who were resting up to 7 players, and even then the Cam/Ayton pairing often fell behind to start games, with Ayton getting into foul trouble.

You didn't watch the games and you're also making things up like how the Suns played from behind early regularly in the bubble. I've proved many points of yours wrong and then you vanish, which isn't a surprise but it's going to get you back on ignore because you obviously have a negative agenda that you're pushing, truth be damned.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WAY too much weight is being given to the Suns' record in the bubble, as opposed to the rest of the season and the careers to date of those on the roster.

If management chooses to rest on the laurels of the Bubble performance and therefore to ignore the obvious holes that remain on this roster, I submit that we would have been better off going 0-8 in the Bubble and then making the necessary improvements.

If management basically stands pat based on the Bubble performance, I submit that this team wins 30 games tops next season, and Booker asks to be traded as soon as the trade deadline.

Improvements HAVE to be made, especially at power forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You didn't watch the games and you're also making things up like how the Suns played from behind early regularly in the bubble. I've proved many points of yours wrong and then you vanish, which isn't a surprise but it's going to get you back on ignore because you obviously have a negative agenda that you're pushing, truth be damned.

I watched all but 2 of the games. More important, I watched most of the games the REST of the season as well. I am not pushing any agenda other than calling things as they are, including where improvement is needed, rather than declaring us primed for a championship run as-is due to record in an anomaly of a situation...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Also expect push back from people who realize that it's no longer the 1990s.
I'm really disappointed in my post not being addressed.

But rather responded to with a snide generalization.

The Suns have faced teams with power in the post
for the past decade and have been no match. As
evidenced by their missing playoffs for over a decade.

You can blow off the status quo, but our status quo
during that time is nothing to be proud of.

Why are you condoning failure?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also expect push back from people who realize that it's no longer the 1990s.

This roster is also not that of the Warriors (we don't have a Steph Curry or Draymond Green), Celtics (we don't have a Kemba Walker, Jaylon Brown or Marcus Smart) or Heat (we don't have a Jimmy Butler)...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose