Can we please talk about the fake crowd noise?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That was the loudest crowd I have ever heard at a sporting event....and no one was there.

The ridiculous part was that it was just for the broadcast. It wasn't being pumped into the stadium, so there was no reason for it.

They had it locked into "4th and goal with the Super Bowl on the line" the entire time. They didn't even turn it down when their sideline reporter was trying to talk. I watched the Thursday night game and it didn't seem so bad.

Fox needs to get their crap together because it was really bad.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
While I'm sure it's partly there for production value I imagine it's also there so that we aren't hearing everything the players are saying.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good luck. They've done it nonstop in the Premier League. It sucks, I hate it, I would rather hear the commentary, but there isn't anything to do about it.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watching NBC now for the Sunday night game and it is WAY more realistic. The fox broadcast was bad.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't bother me however, one thing is evident...home field advantage is reduced big time.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seemed like a normal game

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Yes, if a normal game features a completely sold out crowd, screaming at the top of their lungs every single second of the game...including when nothing is happening on the field.

This NBC broadcast seems much better, but maybe Im wrong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, if a normal game features a completely sold out crowd, screaming at the top of their lungs every single second of the game...including when nothing is happening on the field.

This NBC broadcast seems much better, but maybe Im wrong.
I rarely noticed it :shrug:

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they'd just balance the sound fer crissakes. Can't hear the announcers at all. I basically turned the sound off. Next week I'll listen to radio broadcast. MNF broadcast is tolerable, not that I want to listen to Collinsworth, but at least I can hear it.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This may be something you need to adjust on your tv's. I thought it was awfully loud and couldn't hear the announcers during the broadcast. I was shocked by those on this thread saying it was fine. Then I re-watched the game on GamePass on a kindle fire and the sound was fine. I can't imagine that they would've done any kind re-engineering of the sounds, so I'm thinking this is a tv set issue.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
New England's Bill the legend said after the game that without the crowd, it was more like a scrimmage or a practice environment for the players. I appreciate the crowd noise....even though it's fake....because no crowd noise would make it surreal and unreal. It may need to be fine-tuned, but a game played in silence is not close to what a real football game is like. And they're doing their best with a difficult situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New England's Bill the legend said after the game that without the crowd, it was more like a scrimmage or a practice environment for the players. I appreciate the crowd noise....even though it's fake....because no crowd noise would make it surreal and unreal. It may need to be fine-tuned, but a game played in silence is not close to what a real football game is like. And they're doing their best with a difficult situation.

yup yup.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
But it was so bad I had to mute it. I could not hear anything other than the fake noise, all the time, nonstop. It does not need fine tuning, it needs real tuning.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yeah I was very worried going into this year that it would feel different. I couldn’t tell a difference so that’s a good sign. Side note Herbstreit and Fowler should be the permanent MNF announcers. They took how great they are on Saturday and moved it to Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So to me the difference between the fox broadcast and the NBC broadcast was night and day. On fox, it seemed like they had one "sound"....which was super loud cheering, 4th and goal at the 1 type cheering, and it was either on or off....so they had it on and blasting the entire game. On NBC it seemed more realistic, in that it ebbed and flowed based on what was happening. It went from ambient stadium noise to cheers, etc.

They should have someone from the home stadium running it during the game, and give him a slider of noise, a button for cheers, and a button for boos. Let them try to imitate a real game experience. During a timeout it should quiet down, after a TD there should be cheering....penalty on the home team, there would be boos.

It was week one and in the end they are making the best of the situation, but it just seemed distracting on fox.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I didn’t mind it at all.

I didn’t get the point of fake fans in the end zone though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose