Fitts - 9

Peterson - 61
Murphy - 60
Kirkpatrick - 20

Baker - 62
Banjo - 58
Washington - 2
J Thompson - 2

Edited to reflect new info for Edmonds. Only 28 snaps.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus.. banjo got almost every snaps(58) and Fitzpatrick just 20

I hope Deionte Thompson will get some reps if Jalen is out

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple observations...

1 - A lot more TE usage than I thought. Daniels 15 snaps is interesting.

2 - Kirk also got significantly more snaps than I thought at first. Both he a Fitz will get opportunities to make more plays as defense shift more towards Hopkins. The question is, will they make those plays?

3 - Nice defensive line rotation. Looks like Vance was limiting Lawrence and Fotu as well.

4 - Campbell not coming off the field is interesting which reflects a post I shared previously. Hicks and Campbell are 100% snap guys regardless of Simmons usage. Simmons may be more of an edge player than previously reported. That SAM backer playing over the TE.

5 - Murphy not just a nickel guy. Kirkpatrick looks to be the nickel back but when he comes in, Murphy moves to the slot.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Definitely a base personnel week. San Fran runs the ball, plays physical, and had injuries at WR. Vance historically uses more base personnel than the rest of the league and playing from behind is increase that as well as the matchup. It will be interesting to see how much it changes if we start playing with leads.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple observations...

1 - A lot more TE usage than I thought. Daniels 15 snaps is interesting.

2 - Kirk also got significantly more snaps than I thought at first. Both he a Fitz will get opportunities to make more plays as defense shift more towards Hopkins. The question is, will they make those plays?

3 - Nice defensive line rotation. Looks like Vance was limiting Lawrence and Fotu as well.

4 - Campbell not coming off the field is interesting which reflects a post I shared previously. Hicks and Campbell are 100% snap guys regardless of Simmons usage. Simmons may be more of an edge player than previously reported. That SAM backer playing over the TE.

5 - Murphy not just a nickel guy. Kirkpatrick looks to be the nickel back but when he comes in, Murphy moves to the slot.

I wonder if Kirkpatrick is playing in the slot for now because he came in late and is still picking up the system. Seems odd because all the talk from the coaches and FO have been they want Murphy in the slot.

Maybe with the Niners short of receivers and Dre short on practice reps they thought they would give him a bit more time.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder if Kirkpatrick is playing in the slot for now because he came in late and is still picking up the system. Seems odd because all the talk from the coaches and FO have been they want Murphy in the slot.

Maybe with the Niners short of receivers and Dre short on practice reps they thought they would give him a bit more time.
Kirkpatrick aligns outside when he comes in, at least I am 90% sure that is where I saw him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lawrence was drawing the double-team much of the time when I was seeing him on the field. Pretty impressive respect for the rookie — and he wasn't getting blown back.

I said during the week that Kyle Shanahan is a run game scheme lord, and it showed up early yesterday. Just weird motions and paths to and through the line of scrimmage. Still, it was... disconcerting to see Haason Reddick out there so often, because he sucks.

People shouldn't be surprised that Murphy is playing so much. It's a good thing. He's maybe better in the slot, but you want him to be better than Dre Kirkpatrick.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One more thing on Devondre Campbell. If SOLB is the plan for Simmons (which this game indicated) and Campbell isn't coming off the field, Campbell might be inline for an in-season extension. They obviously made him a priority FA signing, they are using him a lot (through one game), and he seems to fit in pretty well.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One more thing on Devondre Campbell. If SOLB is the plan for Simmons (which this game indicated) and Campbell isn't coming off the field, Campbell might be inline for an in-season extension. They obviously made him a priority FA signing, they are using him a lot (through one game), and he seems to fit in pretty well.
IMO...... This guy was the MVP of the defense yesterday. And other than Budda, it wasn't particularly close.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Byron surprised me with his name not being mentioned until the last two plays of the game. If he does this in the slot each week with Campbell having the TE's...... We could be on to something here.

Damn man...... I'm just over the moon today at work. Great job by our guys.

More plays, more yards, more time of possession. Even with all of those penalties missed (for them) and called on us (twice as many IIRC), we absolutely deserved that win.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lawrence was drawing the double-team much of the time when I was seeing him on the field. Pretty impressive respect for the rookie — and he wasn't getting blown back.

I said during the week that Kyle Shanahan is a run game scheme lord, and it showed up early yesterday. Just weird motions and paths to and through the line of scrimmage. Still, it was... disconcerting to see Haason Reddick out there so often, because he sucks.

People shouldn't be surprised that Murphy is playing so much. It's a good thing. He's maybe better in the slot, but you want him to be better than Dre Kirkpatrick.

Reddick made a few nice plays. I think he is somewhat salvageable as a backup OLB.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Does no one else think 18 snaps for Simmons seems really light? I assume after the first couple mistakes they just pulled the plug. 10 of those snaps had to be in the first 2 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Does no one else think 18 snaps for Simmons seems really light? I assume after the first couple mistakes they just pulled the plug. 10 of those snaps had to be in the first 2 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's extremely possible to me that they trained/installed certain situations with only a small group of the subs. Those situations occurred more where Reddick was part of the group and Simmons was not.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Who else thought Gaillard was BETTER than Cole?

I keyed in on him for about a dozen snaps and he played really well.
Hard to say, but I definitely didnt see anything bad from Galliard, which is good for oline.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any word on Cole?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about Humphries? Saw him down late, and don't recall hearing anything since. Assuming it was nothing serious since not much talk on it.

He was only out 1 play, than went back in the game. I think he is fine.

After reviewing the game though, we might be better off if he didn't play however. He was by far and away our worst oline man on Sunday.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He was only out 1 play, than went back in the game. I think he is fine.

After reviewing the game though, we might be better off if he didn't play however. He was by far and away our worst oline man on Sunday.
I will defend The Captain a little. Pass blocking on an island, the first game of the season, and against a very good defense is a pretty tall order. He wasn't good...but he got through it.