The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would be amazed if they started on Christmas Day.
Scientists and doctors are predicting there will be a worldwide second wave
of the pandemic. Made more complex by the regular virus season.

And that an inoculation would probably not be ready and available to all of
the public until next year.

Looking at the big picture, should the priority be sports teams or everyone
(businesses, schools and the public)? The answer is obvious!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dog crashes Anthony Davis press briefing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danuel House Jr. is under investigation for allowing a COVID-19 testing official into his hotel room.

By Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Houston Rockets reserve Danuel House Jr. is under investigation by the league for allegedly allowing a female COVID-19 testing official into his hotel room, and his status for the remainder of the Western Conference semifinals against the Los Angeles Lakers is in question, sources told Yahoo Sports.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-le...sting-official-into-hotel-room-132505291.html

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good luck. He’s still got a lot of time and money on that contract and he couldn’t of played any worse in the playoffs.

they have the 24th pick nobody wants that at least not to take on a contract like Bledsoe’s

Maybe the Knicks. LMAO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Siakam has gone full Shawn Marion Tortilla in this series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum and Brown have been the dynamic duo for Boston thus far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle Lowry fouls out with 34.8 seconds left with Raptors down by 2 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have been nice to see Booker and Jackson make the same sort of combo for the Suns. Jackson more like Brown and Booker as a better version of Tatum. Can't fix stupid though.

That would have been awesome. Boston has a knack for taking the best player right in front of Phoenix in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics beats Raptors 92-87 to win series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Celtics beats Raptors 92-87 to win series.

I really like Boston's odds at taking it all this year. Getting Hayward back will be important, for depth, but they have the talent to take it. I know the Lakers are bigger than them, and everyone left for that matter, but size isn't everything and the Lakers don't have a skilled Center to keep on the floor to keep Davis at PF and Lebron at SF for extended minutes so their size is only something that has to be countered for short stretches and good outside shooting could negate it altogether.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pascal really disappointed in these playoffs. But he’s young and still a really good building block. Next year will be a big test to see if he can really be the an elite player you can pair another great player with to build around or if he’s better suited as a fantastic #3 Like he was on last year’s team with Kawhi and Lowry setting the table for everyone else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Boston's odds at taking it all this year. Getting Hayward back will be important, for depth, but they have the talent to take it. I know the Lakers are bigger than them, and everyone left for that matter, but size isn't everything and the Lakers don't have a skilled Center to keep on the floor to keep Davis at PF and Lebron at SF for extended minutes so their size is only something that has to be countered for short stretches and good outside shooting could negate it altogether.

The Celtics defense has been tenacious. They have a nice rotation of four smalls and a big. If the Suns wanted to keep their forwards or even add another defensive 3 & D player they could do the same thing.

Of course Ayton should be a huge upgrade over Theis. The Suns could then add defensive role players behind Ayton to solidify the center position.

The Lakers-Celtics match-up should be fun. I guess a lot depends if the Lakers starters can play better and if their bench steps up. My concern is the Celtics bench hasn't given them much. Theis and Robert Williams should have their hands full.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Celtics defense has been tenacious. They have a nice rotation of four smalls and a big. If the Suns wanted to keep their forwards or even add another defensive 3 & D player they could do the same thing.

Of course Ayton should be a huge upgrade over Theis. The Suns could then add defensive role players behind Ayton to solidify the center position.

The Lakers-Celtics match-up should be fun. I guess a lot depends if the Lakers starters can play better and if their bench steps up. My concern is the Celtics bench hasn't given them much. Theis and Robert Williams should have their hands full.

The WCF are the de-facto finals. No way the Clippers or Lakers loser to whoever comes out of the East.

I'd put my money on the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WCF are the de-facto finals. No way the Clippers or Lakers loser to whoever comes out of the East.

I'd put my money on the Clippers.

The West has the star power for sure. Leonard being in the East last season upset the equation.

Still I root for the Celtics because I like their gritty style of play. Although they have different player personnel, I sometimes relate them to Phoenix. The Suns could play that way if they added to their guard and wing players.

Ayton should be an improvement over Theis but the Suns would need to add more defensive minded players behind him that could rebound.

Drafting a 3/4, adding depth behind Ayton and signing a free agent like Augustin is one direction the Suns might go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Phrazbit

Another playoff team the Suns might look towards patterning themselves after is the Nuggets. Denver has Jokic and Murray. Phoenix has Ayton and Booker. Still I like the way the Celtics play defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is aiming for an 82 game regular season schedule but with less travel.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media