What do you expect from David Johnson tonight?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best he has looked in 3 years. Still not his 2016 form or worth his contract though.

What is very telling is how much missing Hopkins is hurting the Texans, lots of drops that just didn't happen when the ball was going to him.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Best he has looked in 3 years. Still not his 2016 form or worth his contract though.

What is very telling is how much missing Hopkins is hurting the Texans, lots of drops that just didn't happen when the ball was going to him.

Yeah their offense has looked pathetic.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Happy for Johnson. He looks Good.

2 obvious things.

Seeing Johnson play the Best we’ve see in a couple of years perhaps, it becomes clear why he wasn’t a fit in Kliff’s system/wasn’t productive. DJ shows patience and wait for the holes to open. He has looked Good tonight doing that. But in Kliff’s spread system, the RB need to hit the hole much quicker. Not a fit.

Boy, Do the Texans miss Dhop. Looks like another offense

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WTH, BOB made DJ center piece of offense when Deshaun Watson is the QB? Dude [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
David had a decent game but I wouldn’t be surprised if he missed 2-3 games due to injury bug

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wish DJ well, good guy but just not the type of RB that thrives in our type of offense. Good game one, but If I recall KC defense doesn’t remind anyone of the 85 Bears

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad for him. He looked good in the first half especially. Shame about the rest of the Texans office.

I learned 3 things from this game,

Continuity in both coaching and players is going to be key this season more than ever

The Texans O line still suck in pass pro

Clyde Edwards-Hillaire is not a goal line running back

Edit --

Oh and the TV crowd noise was good. Didn't miss fans at all.

Last edited:

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dhop goes on at 3:13... free press for our organization. The Roots singer had a nice line about dhop negotiating his own deal.

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Glad for him. He looked good in the first half especially. Shame about the rest of the Texans office.

I learned 3 things from this game,

Continuity in both coaching and players is going to be key this season more than ever

The Texans O line still suck in pass pro

Clyde Edwards-Hillaire is not a goal line running back

Edit --

Oh and the TV crowd noise was good. Didn't miss fans at all.

There was no TV crowd noise. It was only real fan noise last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he looked good it's definitely a process he had good games last year too, but he looked good so far

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He had 11 carries for 77 yards (7ypc) and the Texans stopped giving him the ball & gave more time to Duke Johnson. The Texans were down significantly in the game so maybe that had something to do with it, but it could just be bad coaching.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
just makes you wonder--what the heck happened here over the last couple seasons?

last year he was tentative. Seemed like he ran with no vision, no burst. Didn't make anyone miss.

but last night -- looked a lot like old David Johnson

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say as someone with David Johnson on my dynasty team, I was extremely disappointed he wasn't getting third down work.

Also as someone who had $30 on the Texans +6.5 at the half, Bill O'Brien is a flaming idiot. You take 3 end zone shots from the 36 rather than get in better field goal range.

Then instead of punting, you take the extremely long FG try with a minute left. You miss, giving the best offense in football a short field and a minute left.

It was STUPID and it cost me money

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson