The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think he and his agent would want a larger market than what Phoenix could provide.

The Phoenix market is plenty big, I don't see that being the issue but I don't see us making a deal for him either. We are going to be trimming expenses, not bringing in superstars.

Giannis has just watched a franchise go cheap, I can't imagine he'd willingly go to another one that will likely to do the same thing. Either by trade or as an FA, he'll go to one of the organizations loaded with money which rules out more than two thirds of the franchises (Phoenix included). JMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis reportedly in walking boot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beverley is fined $25,000 for verbal abuse of referee.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once again Dantoni disappoints. Fails to make adjustments, even small ones. They pressure Harden full court and he does little to get him screens OR have someone else competent bring the ball up, Gordon not Westbrook.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks with 10 point lead on Heat in first quarter. Heat look sloppy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat beat the Bucks 103-94 to win the series 4-1.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bucks get:
Ayton
Oubre
3 1st round draft picks unprotected

Suns get:
Giannis

it works money wise. If your the Bucks you gotta know he’s gone. I think a lot of the Bucks short coming are on coach Bud who’s D’Antoni East he just flat out refuses to make adjustments. Suns make it with an agreement he signs the super max

Booker 23
Giannis 25
Bridges 24

yikes

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis has said he won't demand a trade, so I don't see Milwaukee moving him. They've just gotta hope that next season goes so well that he resigns.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis has said he won't demand a trade, so I don't see Milwaukee moving him. They've just gotta hope that next season goes so well that he resigns.

whats he supposed to say at the end of the game press conference

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If he doesn’t sign an extension before next season they have to keep their options open.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
whats he supposed to say at the end of the game press conference

He could have said he didn't want to talk about it yet, he could have said he doesn't see that happening. Instead he was definitive, flat out rejecting the idea of forcing his way out. I don't see him requesting a trade.

If he doesn’t sign an extension before next season they have to keep their options open.

Unless he has made it clear he won't stay after next year, I don't see what option is better for them than to keep him and compete for the title next year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the only way I see that team getting better is if they can somehow swap Bledsoe for Chris Paul. He’s could be the missing piece for that team, if healthy.

otherwise, they are dead in the water next year. Maybe they have a nice shiny regular season record but the Heat will still be there, so will the Celtics and so will a much improved Nets team.

They have no shot to win a title as currently constructed and they have very little assets to get better. Giannis is gone after next year. Getting nothing for him when there could be a lot of suitors with good packages to offer would be criminally stupid on their part, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only way I see that team getting better is if they can somehow swap Bledsoe for Chris Paul. He’s could be the missing piece for that team, if healthy.

otherwise, they are dead in the water next year. Maybe they have a nice shiny regular season record but the Heat will still be there, so will the Celtics and so will a much improved Nets team.

They have no shot to win a title as currently constructed and they have very little assets to get better. Giannis is gone after next year. Getting nothing for him when there could be a lot of suitors with good packages to offer would be criminally stupid on their part, IMO.

I don't follow the Bucks closely enough to know what caused their collapse but they look like they have bigger problems than just not being built for the postseason. They looked like a lottery team in the bubble but it started even before then, they closed out their final 13 regular season games with 9 losses.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't follow the Bucks closely enough to know what caused their collapse but they look like they have bigger problems than just not being built for the postseason. They looked like a lottery team in the bubble but it started even before then, they closed out their final 13 regular season games with 9 losses.

there was an article about coach Bud on bleacher report that just killed him. He’s pretty much D’Antoni esque he refuses to make adjustment and how his teams going back to Atlanta not only go out early in the playoffs they got roasted.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could have said he didn't want to talk about it yet, he could have said he doesn't see that happening. Instead he was definitive, flat out rejecting the idea of forcing his way out. I don't see him requesting a trade.

Unless he has made it clear he won't stay after next year, I don't see what option is better for them than to keep him and compete for the title next year.

stop you’ve watched to much sports to know you can’t take anything said at a press conference serious. Kyrie told a gym full of school kids he was going to be a Celtic for life and we can name a million more examples

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When they lost brogdon, they lost the only other player that could create for himself and others. Having only ONE of those in the playoffs is a death wish in the playoffs. Even having just two of those is tough unless one of them is one of the game’s premiere closers and neither Giannis or Brogdon were even that last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose