Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McD proves once again to be an idiot. The way he worded that previous tweet implied exactly what he’s saying he didn’t mean.

He must be learning to be a sports writer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
McD proves once again to be an idiot. The way he worded that previous tweet implied exactly what he’s saying he didn’t mean.
Exactly.

Guess what we are doing today that we weren’t doing two weeks ago?

That’s right, talking about Ryan McDonough.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't stand James Jones as a GM, but I am so, so glad McDonough is gone. At least James Jones is a good, stand-up guy, whatever he might be as a GM...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just posted by Sal DiCiccio on Facebook:

"The general manager of the Phoenix Suns is now saying that I took a bribe. NEVER HAPPENED. I have called for the City Attorney to immediately begin a formal investigation to look into these allegations. Obviously, one of us is lying and the investigation will show who that is."

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan joins twitter and immediately displays the same lack of professionalism and discipline he did in Phoenix as he bad mouthed every player on the way out. He could never take the high road and give the standard company cliched answer when he felt slighted.

This can't be good for any prospective NBA jobs outside of a hack NBA "insider" or a poor man's Bobby Marks.

How long before he's posting block or charge videos and as irrelevant as Rex Chapman?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the gift that keeps on giving.

It is not only a bad showing for Ryan McDonough but his comments taint the Suns as well. I wish he could have left well enough alone.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The latest from Sal DiCiccio:

"BREAKING: A former general manager of the Phoenix Suns Is saying that Robert Sarver and the Phoenix Suns organization paid bribes for the $230 million vote for the arena. I am going to be sending a formal letter to the attorney general, Mark Brnovich tomorrow asking for a full investigation into these allegations of bribes of elected officials. In particular, the timing of donations and the vote to give the Phoenix Suns over $230, million taxpayer dollars. I have been in contact with Attorney’s , and the city attorney. I have been told that the attorney general’s office has already been monitoring this issue. I’m fully expecting the AG office to investigate the timing of money and votes."

This is escalating quickly and could get very ugly...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest from Sal DiCiccio:

"BREAKING: A former general manager of the Phoenix Suns Is saying that Robert Sarver and the Phoenix Suns organization paid bribes for the $230 million vote for the arena. I am going to be sending a formal letter to the attorney general, Mark Brnovich tomorrow asking for a full investigation into these allegations of bribes of elected officials. In particular, the timing of donations and the vote to give the Phoenix Suns over $230, million taxpayer dollars. I have been in contact with Attorney’s , and the city attorney. I have been told that the attorney general’s office has already been monitoring this issue. I’m fully expecting the AG office to investigate the timing of money and votes."

This is escalating quickly and could get very ugly...

if any of this is true, McD basically took a huge dump and then tripped into it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
McDonough is a bad General Manager... DiCiccio is a bad human being... McDonough, like usual, stuck his foot in his mouth... DiCiccio, like usual, is now going to act like an insufferable a$$. Fingers crossed it is true though and Sarver is forced to sell (unlikely, but a guy can dream).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
McDonough is a bad General Manager... DiCiccio is a bad human being... McDonough, like usual, stuck his foot in his mouth... DiCiccio, like usual, is now going to act like an insufferable a$$. Fingers crossed it is true though and Sarver is forced to sell (unlikely, but a guy can dream).

McDonough is a bad human being...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol... that last sentence was the secret silver lining I’m hoping for but didn’t want to say out loud. Thanks for breaking that seal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to post this here as well regarding Monty Williams on John Thompson.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
McDonough is a bad human being...
Reading McD's comments, I was like, "Shut your piehole!!!" Just what we need is a person saying Sarver bought a vote! Effing idiots on all sides!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that.

I started searching for drop boxes, but it is too early.

Either way, I don't trust the Postmaster General or
his candidate to use USPS to mail a ballot.
I may take off work! Now if the Mercury would be out at the drop box to take pictures with them, that would be sweet!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns didn't do everything they could to keep Dragic and unite him with Booker. That would have been a phenomenal backcourt.

Choosing Bledsoe over Dragic was the wrong move.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns didn't do everything they could to keep Dragic and unite him with Booker. That would have been a phenomenal backcourt.

Choosing Bledsoe over Dragic was the wrong move.

This debate has been raged repeatedly... but I don't see any argument for Dragic being a fit with Booker, especially the Dragic who played in Phoenix. Dragic back stabbed the team because he refused to play off the ball... he also was and still is a dog poo defender. It is hard to imagine a worse fit for Booker; a ball hog who doesn't give half a crap on D.

On skill-set alone Bledsoe is a better fit by 1,000 miles.

The problem is something Bledsoe and Dragic have in common... when the going gets tough... they are both quitting ass losers.

Bledsoe quit because he couldn't handle being on a rebuilding team. Dragic quit because he wanted the ball. Dragic would have had zero interest in playing second fiddle to a teenage Booker.

Last edited: